New, confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpdog

Sep 30, 2013
United States
I decided to try e-cigs about 2 weeks ago. Bought a disposable blu and tried for a weekend - it was all right. So I bought an eGo T.

I have been VERY pleased with this form of nicotine use, and I haven't smoked a cigarette in all that time.
but now the device isn't so easy to use.

Hard to draw, not much vapor. I tried cleaning with water, but not such great results.

I looked up some cleaning instructions, but am left confused - the devices in the youtube videos seem a little different.

So, I am thinking I need to work some cleaning routine into this, and maybe keep some disposables around, but how many
re-fillable devices would be typically needed to keep something available every day?

Also, what are some good guidelines for maintaining and cleaning a device?

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I've used a lot of ego t's and had a few clog like you're describing. They can be taken apart and cleaned but it's a royal pain and the T atomizers are pretty expensive as a rule. There are a lot of clearos out there that are easier to deal with and not too expensive that will work well on your batteries. Some come with economical changable coil/wick assemblies that are screw on and off. I use a lot of Evods now but I'm sure a lot of other folks will be along with their own favorites. Another option is Boge cartos. Not expensive, effective and disposable.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Welcome! My first battery was a pair of ego-T's. What kind of tank system are you using?

^Depending on the type of liquid you use will determine what brand of cartomizer you use. Or you can just eliminate that need for choice by getting ikenvape cartomizers..whenever they're in stock. I use smoktek due to the polyfill being looser than boge, so I don't experience wicking problems like I do with boges.

Last edited:

Broncbox

Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Tx
I have no experience with the Ego T but looking it up it looks like a clearo just it isn't clear. I assume they have some slight differences though not many. I started out using clearos and while they are convenient I really don't like them because you really can't bring it back to life. I would suggest something with a replaceable coil.

Something like $2.26 CE4+ / EGO-T Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer - single wick / with scale indication at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I am using that as an example of a clearo with a replacable coil. There are many other types out there that you can get like the kangar evod or vivi nova or kangar protank or ... am i confusing you more? Sorry lets just say that you have a pletora of choices :D

A question I have for you. Do you have a local supplier or are you ordering online? Reason I ask is if you have a local supplier I would suggest getting a few more of the ego t or a similar clearo that you can use for now, 2 or 3 minimum so you have a few back ups. Then take your time, explore ECF and other sites and get an idea of what you would like to try next. Take your time there is a TON of information to go through and absorb.

If you don't have a local supplier and are ordering online be careful of where you are ordering from right now. There is a Chinese holiday coming and your order may be delayed because of it. Again just get a few of what you need for back ups and then do your exploring.

Good luck, have fun, and Vape on :vapor:

harpdog

Sep 30, 2013
United States
Well, in the mean time, I think my original eGo tank may be shot. Low vapor, seems to shoot a little liquid to my mouth. I might have damaged it by using it vertically instead of horizontally. I had ordered a couple more tanks, and today received 2 CE iClear 16's. They work great.

Some things I don't understand - are all these tanks expected to be short lived? Do I need to order a bunch in advance? There are so many unfamiliar words and terms on this forum, and I'm not getting it! I really enjoy this, so how do I keep it going?

broseph

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
okc
Well, in the mean time, I think my original eGo tank may be shot. Low vapor, seems to shoot a little liquid to my mouth. I might have damaged it by using it vertically instead of horizontally. I had ordered a couple more tanks, and today received 2 CE iClear 16's. They work great.

Some things I don't understand - are all these tanks expected to be short lived? Do I need to order a bunch in advance? There are so many unfamiliar words and terms on this forum, and I'm not getting it! I really enjoy this, so how do I keep it going?

The iClear 16's have replaceable coils, so you won't need to buy new ones - just the coils.

Keep going by trying more stuff and experimenting with new to you products. Don't go crazy and buy a ton of one type when you never know what else may be growing under the sun.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Hey Harpdog :toast:

Welcome to the fascinating and fun would of vaping! I know I have posted this several times but honestly when I left the world of cigalikes my poor head was swimming with new terms. This reaaaaaaly helped me understand a ton of vape terminology and a bonus of how the whole electronic thing works...

A PBusardo Video - Beginners Guide to E-Cigs and E-Cig Tech - YouTube

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Basically what gets 'worn' out is the wire on the wick. It gets gunked up by the liquid being vaporized. The flavorings and pg/vg leaves deposits that hamper the vaporization. Some moreso than others.

There are ways to clean them, re wire or re wick. Until that time that is what some consider advanced getting re placement heads cuts the cost.

They can last a long time, month or so or last a week.

Read the forums as much as you can. Losta good info.

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
Former eGo t user here. Had my issues with leaking, expensive cone atty replacements.

Great clearos to use that i could vouch for are: Kanger evods, innokin iclear 16 or 30, Vision Vivi Nova (NOT the Smoktech one, heard lots of problems with those)
Great glass tank systems for your reactive juices are: Vision Vivi Nova v fate (glass version of the vivi nova), VV sidewinder with boge cartos (glass carto tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread