NEW DIY flavoring health risks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvitae

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Oregon Usa
I'm waiting for real world results. I've never really trusted "studies". Since vaping has been popular for over 10 years I've heard no adverse effects to health from vapers. Allergy etc not included. How many more years do we need to go before we think it's safe? 5? 10?

If you took the same amount of smokers as there are vapers and did a health survey I bet you would come up with some serious smoking related illnesses in 12 years time.

I personally feel that vaping is at least 95 percent safer than smoking and I smoked for 35 plus years with no I'll affects.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
"The researchers acknowledge that the levels of chemicals they used in the lab to induce cell death and ROS production are probably not realistic in real-world exposure from vaping,"

Translation: This is junk science but it makes for a good scare story so we can get more tax payer funded grant money to keep the tobacco tax money flowing into the government.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I'm waiting for real world results. I've never really trusted "studies". Since vaping has been popular for over 10 years I've heard no adverse effects to health from vapers. Allergy etc not included. How many more years do we need to go before we think it's safe? 5? 10?

If you took the same amount of smokers as there are vapers and did a health survey I bet you would come up with some serious smoking related illnesses in 12 years time.

I personally feel that vaping is at least 95 percent safer than smoking and I smoked for 35 plus years with no I'll affects.

poison air.jpg

alvitae

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Oregon Usa
I hear you man. I was just putting this wright-up out here so others can see what is being said. Having information is important.

Yeah, I didn't take it as you being preachy orr anything at all. You're just putting info you found out there for peoples education and to start a discussion.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
My cardiologist and vascular surgeon both support me vaping as opposed to smoking. I would think if that had any real science behind it they wouldn't be so supportive. I hope not at least because most of my eliquid contains strawberry .;)

Nicklemile

Apr 11, 2018
North Dakota
Sometimes it feels as thought the vaping opposition would rather I " and or we " smoke than be proactive and vape making our own e liquids and quit. It's like they don't want us to enjoy being cigarette free, using something they don't and won't use. " It's okay, go ahead and smoke, but don't do it around me. And what ever you do, DON'T VAPE, don't make your own e liquids that tastes good!!! Because I don't want you to have, use and enjoy anything I won't. And don't you know that part of my retirement is dependent on " you smokers " keeping big tobacco healthy at the cost of your own bank account and health!!? " What's wrong with you? PUT THAT VAPE THING DOWN and go buy a couple cartons of cigarettes and continue!!! With that I reply. GO GET BENT!!!!!! and pass the banana vanilla custard flavoring on your way out. I have a new e liquid recipe I want to make. :banana:

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
I like how the article says that there are health risks to breathing anything other than "regular-... air". Because our air isn't filled with other pollutants that can pose health risks, especially if you live in a city.

In addition to just glossing over the fact that vaping, even with these flavors, is several orders of magnitude safer than smoking, it seems to be right in line with an attitude that really irritates me, namely that people should avoid any and all risk in the name of health, and should be judged harshly if they don't conform. All worthwhile things have risk. Better not eat that dessert either, I guess.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
commercially available human aortic endothelial cells were incubated with vanillin, menthol, cinnamaldehyde, eugenol, dimethylpyrazine, diacetyl, isoamyl acetate, eucalyptol, and acetylpyrazine (0.1–100 mmol/L) for 90 minutes. Cell death, reactive oxygen species production, expression of the proinflammatory marker IL-6 (interleukin-6), and nitric oxide production were measured. Cell death and reactive oxygen species production were induced only at high concentrations unlikely to be achieved in vivo.

Flavorings in Tobacco Products Induce Endothelial Cell Dysfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread