Status
Not open for further replies.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Giving up that random burned plastic taste in your mouth=winning.

I know a lot of people have had trouble with that, but I am just not experiencing that - not even at 5v... well, not since that one atty I totally toasted. Maybe my tastebuds for plastic were burned out by the analogs?

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I know a lot of people have had trouble with that, but I am just not experiencing that - not even at 5v... well, not since that one atty I totally toasted. Maybe my tastebuds for plastic were burned out by the analogs?

It's the CE2s that are most notorious for it. Dripping on attys and running dry also, same for cartos. CE2s will randomly just fill your mouth with it though.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
It's the CE2s that are most notorious for it. Dripping on attys and running dry also, same for cartos. CE2s will randomly just fill your mouth with it though.

Guess I've been lucky. I haven't used CE2s in the original tubes for months though… everything is either syringe or MAP. I do clean after 4 to 5ml of juice, so that might help too. I did have a PV trigger in my pocket and the syringe tube actually melted - even my pocket smelled like burnt plastic after that one.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Guess I've been lucky. I haven't used CE2s in the original tubes for months though… everything is either syringe or MAP. I do clean after 4 to 5ml of juice, so that might help too. I did have a PV trigger in my pocket and the syringe tube actually melted - even my pocket smelled like burnt plastic after that one.

I had it happen to a Buzz that had one attacked to it...PCB went up and it came on by itself...I was trying to figure out what ghost was stalking me...I'm glad that I was sitting infront of it when it happened...by the time I figured out where the sizzling was coming from it was too late...tube started to warp and melt.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
I had it happen to a Buzz that had one attacked to it...PCB went up and it came on by itself...I was trying to figure out what ghost was stalking me...I'm glad that I was sitting infront of it when it happened...by the time I figured out where the sizzling was coming from it was too late...tube started to warp and melt.

Mercy... now that's a terrible thing to see happen, but a good thing that you were there to see it - I think I'll stick with melting BD tubes! Then again, are you certain that it wasn't some poor, previously passed, chain smoker still searching for that way to kick the analogs, pumping on that switch?

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Bruce, have a question on the dual coils I got today.
You know me, I am a finicky little carto user...love my boge high performance cartos.
So I gave the dual coil things a try, after all, anything that gets a thumbs up at HV is gonna spark my interest. Especially carto wise.

Two questions but related I guess.
Two different boxes, black ones came in a smaller box marked Atomized cartrldge (yes, L, not I) and not individually wrapped and the SS came in a plain box and those were individually wrapped.
Wanted to know if they were from different manufacturers because......
Decided to use a black one. Filled it up, filled it up some more, and then some more (holy crap! :) ) and right away I got a taste similar to primer and or that hit you get when you pop an atty type taste. It was a bit better at 3.7 but the taste is still there.

Before posting this I thought what the heck, let me try another one. This time I grabbed the stainless...filled it up (and up and up) and no bad taste at all, and yeah, so far I am really liking it. Definitely going to be my first thing in the morning go to.

So maybe I just got one bad one or are the black ones from a different manufacturer?????? Just want to sort it out because after trying the first one I thought, "Not gonna get these again" but now that I tried the SS one, I am thinking, "I am so gonna get hooked on these" and I want to make sure when I order in the future I get the happy ones. :) Just when I thought I couldn't top six volts, these are amazing.

Just an FYI, I always try out new cartos, clearos, ce2's etc with my usual all day vape flavor so I can determine if I like the accessory and to not let a new or less familiar liquid cloud my opinion.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Mercy... now that's a terrible thing to see happen, but a good thing that you were there to see it - I think I'll stick with melting BD tubes! Then again, are you certain that it wasn't some poor, previously passed, chain smoker still searching for that way to kick the analogs, pumping on that switch?

Hmmm...the man that owned my house prior to us was a smoker and passed away but not in the house...oh Teach don't freak me out....I live way out in the middle of nowhere. Only neighbors I have Moo.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Hmmm...the man that owned my house prior to us was a smoker and passed away but not in the house...oh Teach don't freak me out....I live way out in the middle of nowhere. Only neighbors I have Moo.

Oh no! I didn't mean to do that. :blush: You probably need to be more concerned with the wind shifting and getting a good whiff in the breeze from those bovine neighbors though.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Thanks Bruce. Perhaps the first one got instantly toasted. It happens, I know with the regular ones, they'll sometimes pop, be horrid and then be fine and that is what I am hoping for. I'll keep playing. I've got some new juice coming so I'll load up another black one and see how it goes.
All in all, I gotta say I am really liking these.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
So I tried another of the black ones. This time I filled up more slowly and allowed it to soak in without help. This time it is better. HA! Maybe it is just a mental/visual thing or maybe just a fluke, the stainless still 'taste' better.
I went ahead and ordered two more packs. I did like them that much and hey, one can never have a big enough stash of cartomizers!!!!

I'd be game to try out the regular smoke techs if you decide to carry them. I am a good one for that, if they work well and last long on my chucks at six volts, then they will work great for anyone! :)

Now to go explain to my husband and dogs the reason they might be eating on the super budget meal plan for another week! :) LOL!

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I actually fried the first one I think. I do believe it was total user error. You gotta fill them up and let them soak in all by themselves and then repeat twice. Over fill is fine, just blow them out and wipe off the bottom. I think I didn't get the very first one totally saturated.
I kinda force the fill with regular cartos and am fine but these need to get totally soaked and then keep topping them off as you use them.
Drip tips are great for that, I can top off a carto in my sleep with a good drip tip.

They are juice guzzlers and battery drainers :) but totally worth it if you are a high volt freak like myself. :)

ETA: I use them with my more earthy and tobacco type flavors. Lighter and fruity type stuff I stick with regular cartos. Your taste might have something to do with the flavor of liquid you have going. I just threw on the black one and its been soaking in liquid for a bit as I just filled the bejeezus out of it, capped it up and let it sit till that particular juice came in the mailbox because I didn't want to mix. It seems all good so I was a bit premature in assuming the two might be different and Bruce did correct me on that asap. Cartos do give a different taste, I am not near as picky about flavor being slightly off as I am about a big warm airy draw that produces a ton of vaper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread