Newest of the New! A 510 Dual Coil Atomizer! 1.5 ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The 2.0 Kangers and 1.5 DCA's arrived yesterday, and I have to say.... these blow my old 2.4-2.6 SLB atty out of the water. The Kanger horizontal coil delivers a much better flavor than any BOGE I've ever used, and a more consistent vape.

The dual coil atomizers provide amazing warm flavor, but I was a little confuddled as to how to best deal with the primer [is that what this is? I've never really dealt with it before]- any suggestions? I burned off some and added pg/vg to help aid the process while keeping the coils wet on one, the other I didn't notice until I'd already dripped into it.

Otherwise, my initial impressions are that it provides a superior vape, heats up after a few drags [don't chain vape, unless you can swap them out], but the stainless steel construction aids the flux dispersal....err, I mean helps cool down the atomizer quite well.

Just don't grab onto the center area after taking a few long drags without letting it cool off for several seconds; I ordered a drip shield for this purpose. My MAP delrin drip shield will be here monday, and I cannot wait to try it with the universal delrin drip tip on this.

I'll definitely be ordering from Clouds of Vapor again- well done, Bruce!

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Never tried the dry burns, I just blow them out. It also helps when the start to get sluggish to blow them out again, maybe even rotate a couple through out the day. This seems to make them last longer for me and reduce cleaning.

It works great now; a nice pure, warm and complex Blueberry Coffee flavor note was produced. I have a second ready with some Pear blend, it's good in the Kangers, but better in these dual-coil atomizers. A satisfying vape, to say the least.

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
I ordered just one 1.5ohm, just to see if it lived up to the hype... wow. This thing has totally ruined me, as far as enjoying my old CE2 tanks that I loved so dearly. Amazing balance of flavor and TH - usually it's one or the other - and what a lovely warm vape even at 3.7.

I'm surprised to hear people talking about weeks of use without cleaning though. I started feeling unimpressed with its performance after about 5 days of use (granted, I'm a heavy vaper, 100% VG). BUT... a quick cleaning, and BAM. vaped like new again.

All I do to clean, is run under hot water (for a good while), blow out thorougly, then run under some more hot water, blow out again - then I stuck it in the diffuser of my wife's hair dryer, and run hot air over it for 5 minutes to eliminate any residual water. Then dry burn many times till the coils light up quickly, blow it out one last time, and its good to go (of course, wait till it cools down for that last blow-out, or you'll freaking burn your lips off - haha). I don't know if thats the recommended method - possibly not - but it has worked very well for me... and have done this twice already - each time, it fires up like a champ.

I was a loyal CE2 guy for a LONG time - always felt like they gave the best flavor. Most dual-coil cartomizers I tried had great TH, but most seemed to give TH at the cost of flavor... These are the best of both worlds. Only problem for me now, is what am I supposed to do now with my stockpile of CE2's?!?! haha

Last edited:

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Do you use yours with an extender even though the shields fit without it. I do just to keep the fatty connector clean. Very robust in its flavor. When I pop on atank I immediately realize what others are missing flavor wise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I do. I think flooding this thing and not getting the first atty soaked properly can pose a problem, though.

I just may have cooked one a little bit by doing this; overflooding [I tried to see if I could flood it and how much it'd take but quickly lost track of the amount, heh] caused restricted air and juice flow to the top coil, vapor production dropped, and then I noticed a very intriguing slightly burnt taste, even though it sounded and looked like plenty of liquid was at the top [I checked with an LED flashlight and noticed plenty of juice]. I stopped using the atty after I vaped down the juice later on to a level I could remove the shield at, cleaned it out with hot water, and now it's sitting and waiting for new blends tomorrow.

I don't know how well my KGO is sealed at the battery connection, and I don't really want to chance it as the bottom of the atty is open-ended. a closed connection would seal right above the 4 ports and allow for juice flow directly to the side ports instead of straight down, but thankfully I haven't noticed much collection on the bottom as it's all getting pulled back in.

Using a MAP edition drip shield and the 510-510 sealed bottom adapter. I don't have a bottom feeder, but I think a tank might work great with this thing.

I'm starting slow on my backup atty and dripping more frequently. I'll test the other one tomorrow and let you know if it's still wicking and performing well.

On a side note, I remember seeing something about two coils located in the same spot on a similar concept. If this could be done, there would be no issues with wicking or coating the upper coil as the juice & drip shield contents would easily keep the coil wet. Whether it'd fit inside of a 501 shell is another matter entirely.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I use a drip shield and put about 8-12 when priming it. From that point on I go with about 5-8 depending on how it is hitting. I find I can vape for a bit off of this, at least 10-15 mins of heavy hitting. If I ever get the sluggishness, I do one of 2 things, I put a piece of paper toweling loosely around the shield and blow into my drip tip, try hitting it and sometimes that alleviates the flood. Other wise take it off, blow it out and grab one of my others on the pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread