New Flavor! SubZero - Super Menthol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
This thread inspired me to finally try the bottle of it that came in my menthol sampler.

I don't know what to make of it, except that its highly unlikely to replace any of my regulars. I thought there'd be a huge throat and chest hit, but it's not much more than menthol ice IMO. Actually, I think menthol ice hits slightly harder. Menthol Ice can have a bit of a black peppery effect to it when chain vaping (is this PG?), whereas Sub Zero doesn't. That's my only criticism of Menthol Ice.

To me it's like an unflavored Hall's cough drop. I get a little flavor, but not much. Doesn't have that touch of sweetness that Menthol Ice and Mystic have. Kinda under-whelmed to be honest. I'll give it another go tomorrow. It has that effect of making your water taste like it's so much colder than it really is though, which is nice. But after vaping it, I can't really taste any other juices if I vape something else within 10-15 minutes or so.

JessicaS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
I personally love it. Of course, I am a menthol fanatic, so kinda figures huh? Anyhow, I must say this juice is best enjoyed in a carto; put some in a mini clearo and reeled back...dang sure is super menthol. Love the cooling sensation, but got to be careful with this one; it will kick your ....! :D

skakid812

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Texas
This was my first purchase from halo, I bought subzero, coolmist, twisted java, and the free sample of voodoo. I filled up a new tank with subzero and vaped right away, it had a very very very strong "halls" type sensation to it. Very very strong throat hit, very strong cooling sensation. To be honest, it wasnt what I expected. Its not horrible, I am still enjoying it, but I will try the other menthols to see if I like the others more.

Off topic, but coolmist.. I'm not sure if its me or the juice (I know halo will say its me duhh) but I cant wrap my head around the flavor. It tasted very weird and chemical like out of the bottle, let it steep for a few days and gave it a go. It has a slight throat hit/menthol feel to it, but I cant taste any other flavors too well. kind of confused on that one.

VaporClouds

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Bethel Island, CA
This was my first purchase from halo, I bought subzero, coolmist, twisted java, and the free sample of voodoo. I filled up a new tank with subzero and vaped right away, it had a very very very strong "halls" type sensation to it. Very very strong throat hit, very strong cooling sensation. To be honest, it wasnt what I expected. Its not horrible, I am still enjoying it, but I will try the other menthols to see if I like the others more.

Off topic, but coolmist.. I'm not sure if its me or the juice (I know halo will say its me duhh) but I cant wrap my head around the flavor. It tasted very weird and chemical like out of the bottle, let it steep for a few days and gave it a go. It has a slight throat hit/menthol feel to it, but I cant taste any other flavors too well. kind of confused on that one.

Hey man to be completely fair you are right, those are probably the two hardest flavors to vape alone out of all of halos e juices. What i do with Cool Mist and Subzero is i mix them. Do like 3/4 Cool Mist and than the last 1/4 Subzero turns out pretty freaking good. Also next time get the sample pack first. Theres alot of other great flavors too especially if you like menthol, menthol ice is a good one. And Kringles Curse ah i love it.

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com

Some of the flavors I like without steeping, but some of the stronger flavors I just take the cap off and leave them opened for 24 to 48 hours. That mellows them out a bit and makes them good to go. If they're still a bit too strong you could buy a bottle of Halo Fusion to mix in to cut the flavor. Fusion is found in the E liquid - Accessories section. It's unflavored and available in 6mg to 36 mg nic level. It's cheaper than the flavored juices.

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
Hey man to be completely fair you are right, those are probably the two hardest flavors to vape alone out of all of halos e juices. What i do with Cool Mist and Subzero is i mix them. Do like 3/4 Cool Mist and than the last 1/4 Subzero turns out pretty freaking good. Also next time get the sample pack first. Theres alot of other great flavors too especially if you like menthol, menthol ice is a good one. And Kringles Curse ah i love it.

The sample packs are a good buy too, especially if you use the ECFTEN coupon code to get 10% off. That only applies to juice though, not hardware items. So that's 42 ml of juice in 6 different flavors, gives me the chance to play mad scientist and mix flavors together, toss in a bottle of Fusion to mellow out any flavors that are too strong, and I'm pretty much having fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread