New Genesis type atomizer by DID!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzione

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
GTA Ontario
I put my nuts back on(not my testicles) and I noticed it works better if you have the nuts facing opposite of each other so that when you turn one one way it doesn't turn the one right below it. I don't know if this is important but I thought I would mention it.

It is definitely important. I posted earlier about using the proper mating surfaces of the nuts. Use the sides that have the knurling on the surface, not the other sides that are totally smooth. In this way the nuts lock together nicely. I'm sure Jim did not design the nuts this way by accident :)

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
Curious, when you are coil wrapping do you actually screw the ground wire into the hole or just wrap it around. In Jims original vid, which I happened to watch again today, it appears he is screwing the ground into the hole then wrapping excess. Just curious. Wrapped a good one this morning. 3 wrap 32 a kanthal, getting dead on 3 ohms (I have a fat wick), one minor hot spot which I repaired with needle, vaping like a monster!!

sw9668

Jul 17, 2012
CA
theoretically is theory. it would have to be a 4.5+ amp battery most are 3.6 or so, now I suppose with god on your side, on the perfect sunny day while the battery was being hit by lightning? Otherwise he was a bit short of the number.

With a 10C IMR battery, he can. Even with an AW IMR 18350, 3.7V, 700mAh, rated at 10C, it can provide 7A in 6 minutes; provided that the battery is in good condition. Of coures, if one uses a normal Li-ion battery, even with an 18650, 3.7V, 2600mAh, rated at 1C, it can only provide 2.6A in one hour; mAh: milli-Amp-hour.

In his case, he needs 4.4A with his 0.8ohm coil on his 3.7V battery holder.

P = V * I
16.1 = 3.7 * 4.4
V = I * R
3.7 = 4.4 * 0.8

He is using a Precise+, hopefully an 18xxx, a non-regulated 3.7V device, but if he is using a Provari, he will have a problem, because the 3.5A output current limit of the Provari. You are right, if he is not using an IMR battery, "with god on your side, on the perfect sunny day while the battery was being hit by lightning?"

If you are interested in how the C rating is defined: Click here

Here is some write up regarding Watt, Volt, Amp for the DID. Click here

Last edited:

ChuckBell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
Chicago, IL
It is definitely important. I posted earlier about using the proper mating surfaces of the nuts. Use the sides that have the knurling on the surface, not the other sides that are totally smooth. In this way the nuts lock together nicely. I'm sure Jim did not design the nuts this way by accident :)

This has been a major discovery for me. I'm using the Provari V1 and it's working nicely now with the grooved sides of the nuts facing each other and not the flat sides.

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Learn to do it right folks. Also if people are having trouble with securing the wire (for some unknown reason) with the two top nuts - get an extra one and use four.

This is all my opinion, like the reviewer in video - perhaps I should list every mod and genisis I have owned or own now. Perhaps people would listen then..

Avoiding shorts means - Properly prepare the mesh and properly attach the coil. This takes, time, patience and effort. It can take many tries before you get it right.

If a 19 kid like myself AND a geriatric case like Dspin can set it up, than just about anyone else should be able to!

tortel

Mar 13, 2012
California
I think i have posted in this thread somewhere... I just made my 1st working coil using it for 2 days now rating at 1.4 ohms after 5 tries with all those hotspots and burning taste for the 3 days since i received my DID (my routine was work->coling the DID->4 hours of sleep):facepalm:, definitely worth taking note of mr. rwechsler's ideas of adding an additional nut and what mr. dspin said "Avoiding shorts means - Properly prepare the mesh and properly attach the coil. This takes, time, patience and effort. It can take many tries before you get it right."

Sweeperdk

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Denmark
Quick question (while waiting on mr. Postman). Would there be any idea in putting just a bit of wick in the "fill-hole"?

My thinking here is that that way you'd still be able to have the added benefit of better flavor/vapor just as if you left the bolt out, but hopefully without any juice being able to run out of the hole too easily?

Anyone tried this? Any thoughts on the matter?

pounder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
tucson,az
Quick question (while waiting on mr. Postman). Would there be any idea in putting just a bit of wick in the "fill-hole"?

My thinking here is that that way you'd still be able to have the added benefit of better flavor/vapor just as if you left the bolt out, but hopefully without any juice being able to run out of the hole too easily?

Sounds like a good idea. Go for it and let us know how it worked

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

that should work perfect !!!

anybody else notice ?? short kit no longer available

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Questions for the veterans/experts and the newbs to the DID: Is there any real way I can prepare myself for the DID and it's particular intricacies without having one (or any other Genesis RBA)? I am watching as many videos as I possibly can and cross-referencing as much info as possible, but I still don't know how much of a handle I really have. Have any of you experienced success out of the gate, or is it one of those things that will invariably require time?

principle

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Prague
I've made maybe 20 coils now all of them have worked to some degree. today I got one that I think was perfect.

Few tips that have worked for me: Dry burn the coil make sure it glows evenly if it does not then adjust with a toothpick till it does. If you just can't get a even glow stick the wick back under the blowtorch and try again. Every coil I made worked but that was the lightbulb moment for me. Oh and you will know when you get it right, took me a couple of weeks sitting round thinking this thing is good but not awesome then i wrapped a perfect coil and thought holly ****

Dave :)

Questions for the veterans/experts and the newbs to the DID: Is there any real way I can prepare myself for the DID and it's particular intricacies without having one (or any other Genesis RBA)? I am watching as many videos as I possibly can and cross-referencing as much info as possible, but I still don't know how much of a handle I really have. Have any of you experienced success out of the gate, or is it one of those things that will invariably require time?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I've made maybe 20 coils now all of them have worked to some degree. today I got one that I think was perfect.

Few tips that have worked for me: Dry burn the coil make sure it glows evenly if it does not then adjust with a toothpick till it does. If you just can't get a even glow stick the wick back under the blowtorch and try again. Every coil I made worked but that was the lightbulb moment for me. Oh and you will know when you get it right, took me a couple of weeks sitting round thinking this thing is good but not awesome then i wrapped a perfect coil and thought holly ****

Dave :)

If you fill up a tank with juice and find out that something is off, whether it is a short or a wick issue, does your juice get ruined? Have any of you ruined a lot of juice in the learning phase, or is it salvageable? I hope you all don't mind me interjecting with my complete novice questions.

principle

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Prague
here is a glowing coil just for fun and jim asked for pics. This one is not perfect but it's not bad:)

did.jpg

principle

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Prague
Nope juice has always been fine no problems. If i get a burned taste i just empty the tank (i reuse the juice) dry burn fix the short and put the juice back in. it's only a tiny bit of juice that gets burned under the hotspot and this does not fall back into the tank, so no problems with wasting juice even if your coil is a total cockup.

If you fill up a tank with juice and find out that something is off, whether it is a short or a wick issue, does your juice get ruined? Have any of you ruined a lot of juice in the learning phase, or is it salvageable? I hope you all don't mind me interjecting with my complete novice questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread