Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I agree 110%!!! I'm not going to lie; but I think the wick thing can be a bit of a PITA. Once you get a good wick, it can last for at least 6 months. The coil may need to be changed, but the wick is still good.
And not sure if it's been mentioned (may be common sense), but a good wick can be re-coiled many times.

principle

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Prague
The mesh is so close to the nuts of the center post, it's almost like it's barely touching it. Is it bad if it touches it? Can it cause a short?

It should not touch, after the first few coils it's pretty easy to make sure it does not touch by getting the coil property sandwidged in between the top two nuts. Another good reason to learn to use your nuts :)

BTW a short (in this case) is not the end of the world you could vape an entire tank with a short, all that's going to happen is maybe less flavor or less vapor. Your PV is not going to explode ;)

Last edited:

fuzzione

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
GTA Ontario
I agree 110%!!! I'm not going to lie; but I think the wick thing can be a bit of a PITA. Once you get a good wick, it can last for at least 6 months. The coil may need to be changed, but the wick is still good.

Yes, using same wick for last month and it doesn't seem any worse for wear. I just put on a fresh coil after dry-burn cleaning the old one twice already. This time it's a perfect 6-wrapper with A-1 32 Kanthal, reading 2.9ohm. At 4.8v on a vmax this configuration really seems to hit the spot; my best vape yet with the vmax/DID combo. Vapour production and flavour/TH is simply superb.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
I have tired a lot last days from all the impatient people!
I see some people saying words and complaining about the order of the shipings?
I have so much work to do for you and I have to reply here because some people think I have a perpuse or something ?
Which can be my earning of senting your orders in deferent way and no an easy way for all of us?
I have to make your orders (and answer to impatient mails)
I have to pack them (and answer to impatient mails)
I have to put USA orders together (and answer to impatient mails)
I have to put EUROPE orders together (and answer to impatient mails)
I have to put all other world orders together (and answer to impatient mails)
I have to put the TNT seperate from ELTA provider too (and answer to impatient mails)

Can anyone tell me what to do for customers to be happy?

I have to go back to PRE-ORDER so I get my peace back!
Really sorry!
I try very hard!

I know Im about to get crusified for sayin this but it's true and who cares....

Jim...I can't speak for other countries but as far as people from the U.S. take all their complaining with a grain of salt, and try not to let it get to you or bother you.... JUST IGNORE THEM. Im from the U.S. and I can tell you 1st hand Americans suck. We want what we want 90 seconds ago and have absolutely NO patience or care in the world for ANYONE but ourself .For the most part anyway. . Not many people have 1 clue what you have to go thru to produce a product out of your own mind then make it, get orders, organize, package, organize, start shipping, organize, keep shipping......then wake up and do it all over again while were still sleeping in our warm bed without a care in the world your over there bustin your A55 to get more orders and more orders and more orders out the door. I give you a ton of credit for making it this far without telling us all your NOT shipping to the U.S. anymore.

Jim, you've done a awesome service to the vaping community, 1st and foremost.....take care of yourself.
Yes this IS my opinion.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited

Jim...I can't speak for other countries but as far as people from the U.S. take all their complaining with a grain of salt, and try not to let it get to you or bother you.... JUST IGNORE THEM. Im from the U.S. and I can tell you 1st hand Americans suck. We want what we want 90 seconds ago and have absolutely NO patience or care in the world for ANYONE but ourself .For the most part anyway. . Not many people have 1 clue what you have to go thru to produce a product out of your own mind then make it, get orders, organize, package, organize, start shipping, organize, keep shipping......then wake up and do it all over again while were still sleeping in our warm bed without a care in the world your over there bustin your A55 to get more orders and more orders and more orders out the door. I give you a ton of credit for making it this far without telling us all your NOT shipping to the U.S. anymore.

Jim, you've done a awesome service to the vaping community, 1st and foremost.....take care of yourself.
Yes this IS my opinion.

Not gonna crucify, but am going to disagree. Americans "don't suck"! And that's not just because I'm a tax paying veteran. I work for a multi-national company and can tell you with 100% certainty that every culture has their wisemen/fools, generous/greedy, kind/cruel. But, impatience has no cultural, political or geographic boundary and rude people are rude people no matter where they are from. I think in this instance, the US looks to be intolerable because of the intolerable service of our own postal system. I'm sincerely sympathetic for the strain put on Jim. It's neither appropriate nor necessary. I have not heard anyone blame Jim nor flame the awesome product he provides, I think we witnessed a panic due to uncertainty and lack of information (people just freaked out when there tracking number stopped in NY for 2 weeks).

And please for love of everything truthful, take a look at every unfortunate situation in the world, anywhere someone in the world is in need, and you'll find Americans there giving their blood, sweat and tears for those less fortunate.

I'm sorry if this sounds "preachy", that statement just kind of stung a bit and does not represent the majority of people I know, love and respect...

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
Not going to disagree with you a bit on your very valid points...thats exactly why I made sure to say "for the most part". Their are a lot of generous, giving, loving caring people in the U.S. and everywhere, just seems to me smetimes we have an abundance of the greedy, self-centered, self-indulged, I, me, my, mine impatient folks too. My father, grandfather, and great grand father are vets and WW1 & 2 survivors, I know and feel exactly where your coming from. No offense intended, just my opinion. Take care.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
If a 19 kid like myself AND a geriatric case like Dspin can set it up, than just about anyone else should be able to!

I don't have my DID's yet but I did take my first crack at a Genesis atomizer earlier this week. Now I've rebuilt it 4 times because I'm trying out different resistances and setups. What I can say is thanks to this thread I haven't had any issues. 0. No hotspots. No popped coils. No shorts. No problems.

I combined several different methods from this thread because as Dspin said a few pages back he goes the extra mile so he doesn't have to deal with hotspots.

1)Torch before rolling.
2)Torch lots after rolling, quench x3
3)Juice it and light it on fire x3
4)Cigarette paper trick on top of it all

I learned my lesson on non genesis rebuildable's. I took a few short cuts and figured I knew what I was doing. The results were not good and I spent hours trying to figure out what's going on before properly educating myself.

The couple extra minutes of prep doing these might save you hours of frustration later.

So thanks Dspin, Rwechsler, and others, if it wasn't for your posts here I might have been screwing around with the Genesis stuff for days until I threw out the window. Now that I've cut my teeth on a Katana I can't wait for the DID's to show up.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
on a DID-ilicious note...

I took my giant dog for a walk after dinner and my DID was done. Hit that dry note just as I was leaving and "Ollie" didn't want to wait for me to refill. Me being swift of mind, grabbed a DCT tank I still had 1/2 full of my favorite RY4 and headed out the door for a leisurely stroll. I had it on the Provari by the time I hit the corner of our street and took a nice long pull. I immediately knew something was wrong, where DID the flavor go, why wasn't I getting plumes of yummy vapor. Then it hit me I'm now ruined for less wonderful vaping. Glad I order 2 DIDs and enough spare parts to build a 3rd, no turning back now...

image002.jpg

sw9668

Jul 17, 2012
CA
With a 10C IMR battery, he can. Even with an AW IMR 18350, 3.7V, 700mAh, rated at 10C, it can provide 7A in 6 minutes; provided that the battery is in good condition. Of coures, if one uses a normal Li-ion battery, even with an 18650, 3.7V, 2600mAh, rated at 1C, it can only provide 2.6A in one hour; mAh: milli-Amp-hour.

In his case, he needs 4.4A with his 0.8ohm coil on his 3.7V battery holder.

P = V * I
16.1 = 3.7 * 4.4
V = I * R
3.7 = 4.4 * 0.8

He is using a Precise+, hopefully an 18xxx, a non-regulated 3.7V device, but if he is using a Provari, he will have a problem, because the 3.5A output current limit of the Provari. You are right, if he is not using an IMR battery, "with god on your side, on the perfect sunny day while the battery was being hit by lightning?"

If you are interested in how the C rating is defined: Click here

Here is some write up regarding Watt, Volt, Amp for the DID. Click here

I gave a bit more thought on this.

If the 0.8ohm does not change, which it shouldn’t, then with an un-regulated battery holder, the wattage and current will change according to the battery’s state of charge.

For a 3.7V battery, even IMRs, the voltage can range from 4.2V (fully charged) to 3.2V (low but still operable state) the current can range from 4A (3.2V) to 5.3A (4.2V) and the wattage can range from 12.8W (3.2V) to 22.1W (4.2V).

-> P = V * I ------------> V = I * R
12.8 = 3.2 * 4.0 -----> 3.2 = 4.0 = 0.8

-> P = V * I ------------> V = I * R
22.1 = 4.2 * 5.3 -----> 4.2 = 5.3 * 0.8

With an un-regulated battery holder, vaping experience could be quite different (~10W difference) from a fully charged battery to when it needs to be recharged. Also, it won’t tell you when the battery needs to be recharged; it will keep working hard for you until it is damaged by high current drain at low voltage.

Tonytiger1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Houston
With a 10C IMR battery, he can. Even with an AW IMR 18350, 3.7V, 700mAh, rated at 10C, it can provide 7A in 6 minutes; provided that the battery is in good condition. Of coures, if one uses a normal Li-ion battery, even with an 18650, 3.7V, 2600mAh, rated at 1C, it can only provide 2.6A in one hour; mAh: milli-Amp-hour.

In his case, he needs 4.4A with his 0.8ohm coil on his 3.7V battery holder.

P =V *I
16.1= 3.7 * 4.4
V =I *R
3.7 = 4.4 * 0.8

He is using a Precise+, hopefully an 18xxx, a non-regulated 3.7V device, but if he is using a Provari, he will have a problem, because the 3.5A output current limit of the Provari. You are right, if he is not using an IMR battery, "with god on your side, on the perfect sunny day while the battery was being hit by lightning?"

If you are interested in how the C rating is defined: Click here

Here is some write up regarding Watt, Volt, Amp for the DID. Click here

Good info. Did some more digging.
http://www.csgnetwork.com/ohmslaw2.html

I use 3.7 volt 2600 mah battery. At 1.4 ohms. 3/4 coil That 2.6 amp hours ( perfect world). That's 3600 seconds or divide by 7-10 seconds per hit give 360 hits. Figure 20 hits an hour. About 18 hours. :). Get about 14 hours since the batteries are not new.
if I do a 2/3 coil. About .8 ohms Get half time that plus pulling 4.4 amps not good for battery

Jump in if you think I made some kind of a mistake. No ownership here.

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il

Yes this IS my opinion.

Wow, pretty harsh on the American comment, ignorance obviously, is more indicative of the individual rather than the country. Your statement was ignorant, in my opinion, and not kind at all.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sw9668

Jul 17, 2012
CA
Good info. Did some more digging.
Ohm's Law Calculations With Power

I use 3.7 volt 2600 mah battery. At 1.4 ohms. 3/4 coil That 2.6 amp hours ( perfect world). That's 3600 seconds or divide by 7-10 seconds per hit give 360 hits. Figure 20 hits an hour. About 18 hours. :). Get about 14 hours since the batteries are not new.
if I do a 2/3 coil. About .8 ohms Get half time that plus pulling 4.4 amps not good for battery

Jump in if you think I made some kind of a mistake. No ownership here.

Howdy, Tonytiger1.

You did a perfect calculation; A+. I hope that you are using an IMR battery; 4.6A will ruin a Li-ion 2600mAh battery very quickly. Also, I hope that you can use a regulated battery holder for not experiencing the 42% power drop from the start to the end of one charge; EVERY TIME. I have to admit that some of the un-regulated battery holders look very nice.

P = V * I ---------------> V = I * R
7.3 = 3.2 * 2.3 -----> 3.2 = 2.3 * 1.4

P = V * I ----------------> V = I * R
12.6 = 4.2 * 3.0 -----> 4.2 = 3.0 * 1.4

7.3 / 12.6 = 0.58

Last edited:

pounder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
tucson,az
Not gonna crucify, but am going to disagree. Americans "don't suck"! And that's not just because I'm a tax paying veteran. I work for a multi-national company and can tell you with 100% certainty that every culture has their wisemen/fools, generous/greedy, kind/cruel. But, impatience has no cultural, political or geographic boundary and rude people are rude people no matter where they are from. I think in this instance, the US looks to be intolerable because of the intolerable service of our own postal system. I'm sincerely sympathetic for the strain put on Jim. It's neither appropriate nor necessary. I have not heard anyone blame Jim nor flame the awesome product he provides, I think we witnessed a panic due to uncertainty and lack of information (people just freaked out when there tracking number stopped in NY for 2 weeks).

And please for love of everything truthful, take a look at every unfortunate situation in the world, anywhere someone in the world is in need, and you'll find Americans there giving their blood, sweat and tears for those less fortunate.

I'm sorry if this sounds "preachy", that statement just kind of stung a bit and does not represent the majority of people I know, love and respect...
You hit the nail on this one. Speaking for just myself i never bash Americans because just about every country we have helped with our blood our lives and our money has turned bashing Americans into their national past time. just my 2 cents

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
on a DID-ilicious note...

I took my giant dog for a walk after dinner and my DID was done. Hit that dry note just as I was leaving and "Ollie" didn't want to wait for me to refill. Me being swift of mind, grabbed a DCT tank I still had 1/2 full of my favorite RY4 and headed out the door for a leisurely stroll. I had it on the Provari by the time I hit the corner of our street and took a nice long pull. I immediately knew something was wrong, where DID the flavor go, why wasn't I getting plumes of yummy vapor. Then it hit me I'm now ruined for less wonderful vaping. Glad I order 2 DIDs and enough spare parts to build a 3rd, no turning back now...

View attachment 118456

How true, I seemed to have put down every other device in favor of my DID. In 3 short weeks, it has turned me off devices I've used for years.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

bigstockphoto_Aha__2469265-300x300.jpg

And the winner for the post of the day goes to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread