Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
To clean the contacts, all you need is Baking Soda. Just tumble the four screws, the pin and the bottom spring, for a few minutes in a tablespoon of it in your hand. When complete, I wash off any remaining Baking Soda and thoroughly dry everything before reassembling. Here is a video on the Poldiac. POLDIAC by mmvapors.com Mechanical Mod Tutorial - YouTube At 17:20 he starts to show how to disassemble the button. Follow Rick's instructions carefully and you should have no problem. You don't need to remove the brass ring or the black delrin piece inside the button. Just hold the firing button lightly with your finger while you unscrew the screws. Once they're out, the button will pop out due to the magnets.
I hope this helps.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
DISCLAIMER: This is user error. The device is fine.

My Poldiac is crippled. The contacts need a bath. I remember something about baking soda. Please bring this info to the front. I would be more than happy to put together a quick "how to" if I can get the basic cleaning components.

Thanks,

Ken
Here's what I've been doing:
  1. Take contacts out of switch (top and bottom inner & outer contacts and pin from button)
  2. Remove spring from bottom cap
  3. Couple table spoons of Baking soda in a little dish and drop them all in
  4. Roll them around in the palm of your hand in a small pile of baking soda (sort of polish by rubbing with the loose baking soda)
  5. Rinse off extra baking soda (I couldn't figure any other way to get the excess off dry) and then drop in a shotglass 1/2 full with PGA (removes water and instantly dries)
  6. Use a q-tip w/PGA on all threaded areas.
  7. Dry contacts and reassemble

Whole process can be done in less than 5 minutes

Edit: Pete's a faster typer...:laugh:

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I actually have been putting my contacts in a bowl lined with aluminum foil adding a bit of soda and hot water. Let it sit for a few minutes and you will see the contacts clean and the foil black. Take them out, rinse and dry and done.
That's actually what I do as well Miriam. I also add a drop of dish detergent into the mix. Kinda makes everything fizz!

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Need help poldiac won't fire. !,

Ok figured it out. Bad cleaning job.
Tony
eeeks! That would have sent me into a panic. I'm so glad you figured it out as quickly as you did, and all is working fine again.

Looking to play with the poldiacs. I kinda went overboard, but in the end I wanted options. So I ordered two BTO's and a set of polished brass clothes. In the end I have enough pieces to make a few varieties.

Have a polished and satin top cap, button, and end cap. Got all body tubes in polished.

As for clothes, have a polished ss set (shirt in classic), satin ss set (shirt in slotted), polished brass (shirt in slotted).

Speaking of options... Jim I noticed you don't yet sell the body tubes. Any plans to do so in the future? They don't appear to be part of the pants when ordered separately.

:banana: :banana: :banana: + + +
Congrats on your new Poldiacs!!! They sound gorgeous, you have great taste! :)

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Hoey!!! Love those pics!!!!

Cloud!! The solar panels can be found at the Miniature Doll House store... :)

DISCLAIMER: This is user error. The device is fine.

My Poldiac is crippled. The contacts need a bath. I remember something about baking soda. Please bring this info to the front. I would be more than happy to put together a quick "how to" if I can get the basic cleaning components.

Thanks,

Ken

To clean the contacts, all you need is Baking Soda. Just tumble the four screws, the pin and the bottom spring, for a few minutes in a tablespoon of it in your hand. When complete, I wash off any remaining Baking Soda and thoroughly dry everything before reassembling. Here is a video on the Poldiac. POLDIAC by mmvapors.com Mechanical Mod Tutorial - YouTube At 17:20 he starts to show how to disassemble the button. Follow Rick's instructions carefully and you should have no problem. You don't need to remove the brass ring or the black delrin piece inside the button. Just hold the firing button lightly with your finger while you unscrew the screws. Once they're out, the button will pop out due to the magnets.
I hope this helps.

Here's what I've been doing:
  1. Take contacts out of switch (top and bottom inner & outer contacts and pin from button)
  2. Remove spring from bottom cap
  3. Couple table spoons of Baking soda in a little dish and drop them all in
  4. Roll them around in the palm of your hand in a small pile of baking soda (sort of polish by rubbing with the loose baking soda)
  5. Rinse off extra baking soda (I couldn't figure any other way to get the excess off dry) and then drop in a shotglass 1/2 full with PGA (removes water and instantly dries)
  6. Use a q-tip w/PGA on all threaded areas.
  7. Dry contacts and reassemble

Whole process can be done in less than 5 minutes

Edit: Pete's a faster typer...:laugh:

I actually have been putting my contacts in a bowl lined with aluminum foil adding a bit of soda and hot water. Let it sit for a few minutes and you will see the contacts clean and the foil black. Take them out, rinse and dry and done.

That's actually what I do as well Miriam. I also add a drop of dish detergent into the mix. Kinda makes everything fizz!

I wuv you guys and gals.
video video video

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I wuv you guys and gals.
video video video

FTR, when I said quick how to I meant exactly what CW and Pete laid out for us. I didn't realize we had come that far w the cleaning how to. This thread is like a real time chat. :)

I dont know about everyone else, but I think that was a great how to and sufficient for all of us. Thanks guys.
Now if we could just convince my wife that baking soda is an essential part of any kitchen, we would be in good shape:facepalm:

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012

Hey MwTH, I saw this method on Google. How does it work? I like the idea of a non-abrasive clean (the foil/hot water/baking soda supposedly reverses the oxidation back into pure silver and moves the sulfur to the foil). Does it work quickly? In some of the vids I saw the parts that touched the foil got cleaner, does this method get all surfaces?

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Has anyone ever tried wrapping mesh around the outside of coils and wick?

Guessing you mean SS mesh with an inside coil? I experimented with coils in pyrex tubes with externally wrapped SS wicks. It was a lot of work and didn't vape as good as the normal wick/coil. I think the next evolution will be the porous ceramic wicks (folks are having pretty good results).

MiriamWTH

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Tilburg (Netherlands)
Now if we could just convince my wife that baking soda is an essential part of any kitchen, we would be in good shape:facepalm:

It is actually, it works wonders to clean anything. If you ever burn something in your pan and it does not come off easy, just put the pan on the stove with water and a layer of soda in it and boil it for 5 to 10 minutes to get your pan completely clean again.

Hey MwTH, I saw this method on Google. How does it work? I like the idea of a non-abrasive clean (the foil/hot water/baking soda supposedly reverses the oxidation back into pure silver and moves the sulfur to the foil). Does it work quickly? In some of the vids I saw the parts that touched the foil got cleaner, does this method get all surfaces?

The oxidation moves from the silver contacts onto the foil, it takes 3 to 4 minutes and it gets all surface areas clean.

jhjohnson123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Jackson, Mississippi...USA
Guessing you mean SS mesh with an inside coil? I experimented with coils in pyrex tubes with externally wrapped SS wicks. It was a lot of work and didn't vape as good as the normal wick/coil. I think the next evolution will be the porous ceramic wicks (folks are having pretty good results).

Thanks man. I just was thinking the wire being round has so much of the wick it doesn't touch it might work better to have mesh wrapped the outside of the coils too.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
FTR, when I said quick how to I meant exactly what CW and Pete laid out for us. I didn't realize we had come that far w the cleaning how to. This thread is like a real time chat. :)

I dont know about everyone else, but I think that was a great how to and sufficient for all of us. Thanks guys.

Kwalka. Baking soda is used in the fridge and freezer to help with odor elimination. Tell her you need 4 boxes. One for fridge. One for freezer. Two as backups. Just start opening the fridge and going "honey, do you smell that? I think something stinks in the fridge." You'll have them. :)

gmtrh

Jan 15, 2013
Danmark
've Put my mini DiD on my eGo CTwist to the wife. Mesh # 400 and the coil wire of 0.20, 3.5 turns = 1.5 ohms.

It works perfectly, good taste and fine vapor. Not that big, so the wife can carry it around.

She was quite upset that I have spent $ 490 on equipment, now she's actually become happy for the small setup I've made for her.
She was also so tired of those CE4, too much fluid in the mouth, leaks and burnt taste. Today she tried the CE4 again, and she was about to cough up a lung and smiled at me and said that she had almost forgiven me using all the money.

Here is a picture of his wife's little nugget.
P2020010a.jpg
Sorry for the image quality, the camera ran out of power and therefore no flash.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
've Put my mini DiD on my eGo CTwist to the wife. Mesh # 400 and the coil wire of 0.20, 3.5 turns = 1.5 ohms.

It works perfectly, good taste and fine vapor. Not that big, so the wife can carry it around.

She was quite upset that I have spent $ 490 on equipment, now she's actually become happy for the small setup I've made for her.
She was also so tired of those CE4, too much fluid in the mouth, leaks and burnt taste. Today she tried the CE4 again, and she was about to cough up a lung and smiled at me and said that she had almost forgiven me using all the money.

Here is a picture of his wife's little nugget.
View attachment 174668
Sorry for the image quality, the camera ran out of power and therefore no flash.

And that's how it works. She's happy and that means you're happy. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread