Tilburg (Netherlands)
Nice day here in Athens :D

image_1_zpse00ef607.jpeg

Brigit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Home
Brigit!!! I so hope you don't stay gone for too long. I love your posts, your always a breath of fresh air wherever you are.

About 6 weeks this time.
Going on a landart trip. Making art with whatever you find avalable in nature, pictures with stones, replanting young trees in odd places
You know, that sort of things :laugh:

Real fun and inspiring thing to do and it turns peoples faces into smilies when they find them! :)
At the end of the week I hope to be ready to go.
Just me, my dog and the old van.
Realy looking forward to it this time....head full of foolish ideas...LOL

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Heya Brigit, I didn't know you were an artist. That's pretty cool!

I took these pics at the beach in 2011 the same week hurricane Irene came through. I thought I'd post a couple for you to enjoy. I have no idea who made them. They were made from this heavy clay material found in that section of the beach. Who ever made them, they were very talented.

enjoy your trip

Wasn't much left after Irene came through. :(

But our camper stayed sorta dry! ;)

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Oh, since I never got a reply back from anyone here about drilling out the wick hole on the mini D14, I went ahead and drilled it out last night.
My ....'s a little sore from the puckering but it worked! :blink: :D

It was VERY close though. I could see the metal bulge a little where the outside o-ring groove was. I think I just got lucky to honest. :unsure:

So... I got my FC2000 channel wick fired up and working like a champ in my favorite little DiD! :)

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
Oh, since I never got a reply back from anyone here about drilling out the wick hole on the mini D14, I went ahead and drilled it out last night.
My ....'s a little sore from the puckering but it worked! :blink: :D

It was VERY close though. I could see the metal bulge a little where the outside o-ring groove was. I think I just got lucky to honest. :unsure:

So... I got my FC2000 channel wick fired up and working like a champ in my favorite little DiD! :)

Wow! assuming you have a drill press? The D16 has a 3.4mm wick hole and that is really snug. What size did you drill out your D14 to? (I really like the bigger wicks better and have 2 D14's I'd consider trying)

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Wow! assuming you have a drill press? The D16 has a 3.4mm wick hole and that is really snug. What size did you drill out your D14 to? (I really like the bigger wicks better and have 2 D14's I'd consider trying)

Yes, I have a drill press but I couldn't find my vise for it so I just went at it by hand with a cordless drill and a wood clamp. I used an 1/8" drill bit and was surprised that the wick fit like it DiD. I think the channels in these make the OD of the wick a little smaller. It was a perfect fit, not tight and not slopping around.

If you do go for it, just be ready to cry a little because it is SCARY close to blowing out the o-ring hole. I almost relapsed back to smoking during and after I drilled mine out. LOL

Jim definitely knew what he was doing and took the wick hole up as big as possible for reliable production on these little guys. There is no way it could be done in production without scrapping out a bunch of expensive little parts.

rossstang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2010
Cincinnati,ohio

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
This may be random, but since I first posted about this info here, I just wanted to let it be known that my baby was born and she is doing well. She is a little over 4 weeks old now. Baby, mommy and daddy are doing well in love and health!

I hope all is well with some of my old friends here.

Jim, I hope all is well with you too and I just wanted you to know how absolutely impressed I am with the advances you've made in such a short period of time. Well, it looks like a short time on my end, but I know your days are long and the nights are never ending. Keep up the fine work, my friend. No thread indexing anymore for me, this thread has just exploded! LOL

Bravo, bravo!

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
This may be random, but since I first posted about this info here, I just wanted to let it be known that my baby was born and she is doing well. She is a little over 4 weeks old now. Baby, mommy and daddy are doing well in love and health!

I hope all is well with some of my old friends here.

Jim, I hope all is well with you too and I just wanted you to know how absolutely impressed I am with the advances you've made in such a short period of time. Well, it looks like a short time on my end, but I know your days are long and the nights are never ending. Keep up the fine work, my friend. No thread indexing anymore for me, this thread has just exploded! LOL

Bravo, bravo!

Random Schmandom Mr Mann :D Congrats on the healthy Little Bundle of joy and a lifetime of servitude to the little Lady :D

Sincerely;
Nate

Out Of The Ashes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just placed my order for the parts I need to make some of my currently unused tubes, pants and my extra bottom cap and shirt into another Poldiac :D Also got the replacement parts I needed for my Beloved D20 and Gemini :D:D

Really Excited about these getting here :D
Sincerely;
Nate

I need to to this to get a second Poldiac, it would save about $30 from buing a whole new unit.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
I need to to this to get a second Poldiac, it would save about $30 from buing a whole new unit.

Awww Man!!!! I just totally screwed the pooch! He has the All Brass Version on the site right now!!! Get Em While Their Hot!!!!!! Only 130 Euro too :D:D:D:D:D

Well not really because then I would still have an extra bottom cap and tubes :D

Last edited:

Amirite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
New York, NY
Awww Man!!!! I just totally screwed the pooch! He has the All Brass Version on the site right now!!! Get Em While Their Hot!!!!!! Only 130 Euro too :D:D:D:D:D

Well not really because then I would still have an extra bottom cap and tubes :D

Ordered! I've been asking Jim when the brass version was coming out for months now! Very exciting! Now we just need a matching brass Did!

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Ordered! I've been asking Jim when the brass version was coming out for months now! Very exciting! Now we just need a matching brass Did!

OH......MY......GAWD!!!!!! Heck Yeah!!! A Brushed Brass DID to go right on top of my 2 Tone Brushed and Polished Brass and Stainless Poldiac :D That would be truly Amazing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread