The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New GG User

Discussion in 'The GG' started by ime5000, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ime5000

ime5000 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    Hey guys, just wanted to join up with the thread, i stayed away from GGs because i was stuck on VV, but recently have messed with some old ego batteries and been ok with the LR lower voltage stuff. started to trade away some things and got lucky to come across an aluminum GGTS and a GG slim
    ive been looking through some info here but not to sure how to find everything, my GGs should be here in the next day or two, and i was wondering a couple things
    whats the story behond the "To My Friend" edition, was it rare or just how they started?
    and is there anything special i should know about the ggts or gg slim besides its gonna kick ...?
    thanks guys, looking forward to getting these mods!

2. dirfm

dirfm Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome. I love mine and am also new to the gg family. using a full ggts (1290), have a stealth cap, ody short, ody drip, and searching for a ufs. I can try and help, but there are definitely more experienced members here. Enjoy it!

3. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    hey buddy, thanks! im watching the tutorials now too,
    are there any of the 10440 batteries that will not fit the slim? and it looks like the ggts will fit any 18650 you throw at it. so i dont seem worried about that part, lol

4. dirfm

dirfm Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have not researched the slim, but gg's rend to be relatively universal with batteries. There is a battery chart on the gg wiki that might help. I tend to stick to the aw imr just for safety and no worries.

5. cardboardcutout

cardboardcutout Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    scotland
    You need to be prepared to flog all your non GG stuff mate as you will have no use for it now you have GG .

6. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    Lol. Yea I've gotten rid of a few recently in trade. There is a few I won't get rid of though.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

7. Serpent67

Serpent67 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Congrats on the GG's and welcome to the fold :)

The "To My Friend" aka TMF's were done in limited numbers to the GGTS and SS GGTS/Stealths

I believe Imeo put out one hundred of each, though I could be wrong.

Regardless, there are not a whole lot of them so getting one is indeed special.

Welcome, again :vapor:

8. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    That's pretty cool then. The ggts I know is an aluminum. I'm not sure about the slim. Well I traded the guy something special for it so this is good to know. Makes me feel better that I'm getting a some what special gg.

9. B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2010
    In a pile of sawdust
    Pretty sure the aluminum TMF's are #'s 400-800 ;)

10. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    That's a pretty good number hehe. He said it was an older one. I wasn't worried about the number at the time I just wanted the gg. Lol.

11. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    Hey, ime :) You're gonna enjoy the GGs

I think the best pointer I can give is to give all your connections a good clean (including taking the button apart to clean it) if you have any performance issues. Dirty connections are your worst enemy, but not all that hard to avoid once you get in a routine

I also highly recommend getting one of the GG tank devices (AVS, UFS, Ody, etc) if you can get hold of one, they're well worth it. In fact, the Odysseus short mode will be going on pre-sale at CoV in about an hour ;-)

12. Serpent67

Serpent67 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Yes, but they are spread out thoroughout that range. Not consecutive numbers.

Doesn't look like any Nickel TMF's were issued either, unless they just have not been registered?

13. B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Oct 28, 2010
    In a pile of sawdust
    No they were all consecutive in the aluminum (this was version2) the ss ones were spread out

14. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    i got it, itds number 853

so...im wondering, how would i use my tanks on this? it has the air flow control on it, so its all real deep in there?

15. B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Oct 28, 2010
    In a pile of sawdust
    You need a series of adapters (there's a thread on the different ones) or a stealth cap if you don't mind not having the adjustable draw

16. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    You would need some adapters, there is a section on the GG Wiki that shows some possible adapters combinations and the results, personally I like the following combinations:

510-901 rethreader & 901-510
    GGTS 510-901 rethreader & 901-808 & 901-510

http://ggwiki.et.com.mx/index.php/GG_adapters

17. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    looks like COV is crashing, cuz of that presale, lol

do they have all these adapters on sale there? or has anyone used ones from madvapes? cuz i can get them there pretty easily.

excuse my ignorance, but what are the rethreaders? im guessing now they are different from the normal adapters.
    right now i just got a lr carto in it, and hot dam, this thing is hitting hard.

thanks for all this help guys, ill get it all figured out

where are the ggslim 510 connectors available?or are they normally sold out?
    might have to pick up som 901 cartos

18. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    the rethreader is different than a normal adapter. They're hollow, just a metal tube with the threading on it. Each GGTS came with two when new and more are available from CoV, but if you decide you want one I have both of mine and rarely have need of them, so I'd send you one

19. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    oh man, yea i need to get a tank on this bad boy, i just went through a regular cartomizer in about an hour and a half, haha
    make myself some lower nic tomorrow too, my search for the gg tank series stuff will have to wait cuz im broke

so what do you guys use to clean all the parts? can anyone reccomend something i can get off amazon ro something? i get the prime shipping so its easiest for me

20. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    I use a madvapes 901 to 510 adapter and a rethreader with tanks. I use to use a MV 510 to 901 and 901 to 510 but that was with my old Alum TMF cap which doesn't work with the rethreader and 9001 to 510 adapter method.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.