New Guy from the Ozarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluHwy

Jun 29, 2018
Hey all! New to forum but I've been vaping for 5 years. Was a cigarette heavy smoker for fifty years (I'm 71) and had it not been for vapes I'd be dead by now. I've been a Kanger Top EVOD user but looking for similar alternatives that are more readily available at retail locations. I live in the deep Ozarks and have depended on the internet to buy juice & coils. Worked great - delivered right to my mailbox. Now that the US government (read big tobacco) has made that all but impossible with the PACT Act I'll be driving to the shops in the city hoping they have my brands. Sorry to introduce myself with a rant but I would appreciate any comments/suggestions related to sources or alternatives to Kanger readily available at retail locations. Closest large towns are St. Louis, Memphis and Kansas City but since I have a plane (it's older than me) I'll fly darn near anywhere. Thank y'all - be well!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hey all! New to forum but I've been vaping for 5 years. Was a cigarette heavy smoker for fifty years (I'm 71) and had it not been for vapes I'd be dead by now. I've been a Kanger Top EVOD user but looking for similar alternatives that are more readily available at retail locations. I live in the deep Ozarks and have depended on the internet to buy juice & coils. Worked great - delivered right to my mailbox. Now that the US government (read big tobacco) has made that all but impossible with the PACT Act I'll be driving to the shops in the city hoping they have my brands. Sorry to introduce myself with a rant but I would appreciate any comments/suggestions related to sources or alternatives to Kanger readily available at retail locations. Closest large towns are St. Louis, Memphis and Kansas City but since I have a plane (it's older than me) I'll fly darn near anywhere. Thank y'all - be well!

Hello how are you? Welcome to the forum!

You said your from the Ozarks, which to me means south Missouri, Arkansas etc...

How close are you to Springfield Missouri? They may have some vape shops there and it might be closer.. there's a younger crowd there so usually vape shops in those areas...

I'm in SW Virginia (Appalachian Mountain region) and even though we are in an economically depressed area with mainly older people we actually have a few vape shops - but they aren't online (the owner never wanted to compete with the major online stores)...

So perhaps word of mouth in your area, or Facebook might find you something closer to home as well...

But, I feel for you... this sucks for us all. Hope to see you around!

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Howdy2.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I've been a Kanger Top EVOD user but looking for similar alternatives that are more readily available at retail locations.

You will most like have to go with a pod system. You'll have to do your research to find out which pod systems are most popular in your area that take coil heads that readily available. This will be key when you have to reply on brick and mortar stores, especially if you have to "drive to the city" just to get your vape gear.

EDITED TO ADD: If there is a store that sells Innokin brand products in your area, you might do well to buy a pod system that takes the Innokin Z-coil because that coil looks like it is here to stay for a while on the market.

The Innokin Kroma-Z pod system takes the Z-coil.

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    If you want to stock up on evods, they still have them and I believe they are still shipping. Shipping is around 15.00 but you can order a bunch of stuff and shipping stays the same. Just search evod on the page for more, including batteries.

Kanger eVod Clearomizer Tank (Pack of 5)

• Informative
    Reactions: Opinionated

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you want to stock up on evods, they still have them and I believe they are still shipping. Shipping is around 15.00 but you can order a bunch of stuff and shipping stays the same. Just search evod on the page for more, including batteries.

Kanger eVod Clearomizer Tank (Pack of 5)

Those are the original evod clearomizer and take a different coil (portank1&2/SOCC/MT32 coils) head than the Top Evod. Top Evod is made to use the Protank 3/Aerotank/VOCC coils (talk about confusing, aye?)

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain

FIrst of all welcome to ECF :)

Find it odd that no one mentioned the fact that he has a plane and that he will fly anywhere to get vapegear.
    That right there is some 007/Tom Cruise level of commitment i haven't seen before ;)

Yeah sure some of us will drive to the vape shop,maybe i will walk if i feel the need for some exercise and it's a nice sunny day but going to the vape shop by plane? :thumbs::thumbs:

56goxf.jpg

• Winner

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    FIrst of all welcome to ECF :)

Find it odd that no one mentioned the fact that he has a plane and that he will fly anywhere to get vapegear.
    That right there is some 007/Tom Cruise level of commitment i haven't seen before ;)

Yeah sure some of us will drive to the vape shop,maybe i will walk if i feel the need for some exercise and it's a nice sunny day but going to the vape shop by plane? :thumbs::thumbs:

View attachment 938813

You haven't seen that level of commitment because none of us has a plane...

Otherwise you'd have seen it! Hahaha

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Sorry to introduce myself
    Looks like I welcomed you before. Note that you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
    re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
    In the future, you might want to re post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Suggest re posting in General Vaping Discussion and Chat:
    General Vaping Discussion
    Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the above/appropriate forums.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread