Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I'm a newb too, so from one NOOB to another - Welcome (to both of us I guess). Unless you really like the idea of the e-cigarette style - and with your starting budget, go for a real mod. Most likely you're going to in the future anyway so save yourself the time and money and go for the gusto up front.

My wife and son's all started with el-cheepo batteries and clear plastic atomizers, and QUICKLY decided they wanted variable voltage mods with removable batteries and higher battery capacity, and of course better tanks. They are now using ProTank's and various higher end mods (evic, itaste svd, vamo v3).

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, the JoyeTech stuff is the "name brand" in this industry (among many others of course) but they seem to be to most popular and thus the most counterfeited. If I were going to spend $80 up front, I'd go with something like a Vamo V3 kit or iTaste SVD... each can be had online for around $60'ish or less (see fasttech.com) shipping takes a while but the prices are excellent.. there may be other vendors in the usa for quicker shipping. Depending on where you live, try to get your ejuice locally... That way you can taste before you buy (or at least, most if not all the local B&M shops here allow you to taste prior to purchasing a flavor)

The advantage to getting something high end up front is you'll get all the features that chances are you may want in the future. Plus those mods I mentioned have replaceable batteries, so if the battery craps out you replace ONLY the battery and not he whole unit like a sealed disposable model... But they are much larger and heavier, so that can be a concern too.

GOOD LUCK.

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
+1 on the Ego-C but not so much on the stardust clearomizers IMO. Would recommend the EVOD over the stardust every day of the week, I personally never had good experiences with the stardust. I feel the EVOD has been put through the paces and provides a better vape overall, its more consistent and performs much better then the stardust. Just my 2 cents :2cool:

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
This looks good from Vape Dojo too: Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit Sold out so I don't know what they charge. :ohmy:
I had "issues" with my Evod, or maybe it had "issues" with me. I catch it staring at me occasionally, "like, what's the deal? Can't handle a leak occasionally? Come on, you know you like me, vape me, you can do it..." and then I throw a paper towel over it.............it broke my heart:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread