New HANA MODZ DNA 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aoi~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Sunny So. Cal
Ordered straight from Cigtechs with 10% off coupon for $20 more than the group buy. I didn't want to wait heh. It looks to me that the charging port is micro USB, but the website said Mini. Can anyone confirm?

ETA: LV is ... local to me, I don't know if they'd charge sales tax which would have killed the savings.

Last edited:

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
I might have to get a friend who lives in Indiana to purchase this for me. I live in IL and kind of want to avoid paying the tax for $250. Out of all the dna 20 mods out there, I think this one looks the best. Only thing that bugs me is the 18650, would have liked a bigger battery configuration.

In talking to Trent we discussed battery, made more sense to go with the single than using 2 and having the mod a third larger. The V1 will be out next month, it will have a built in LiPo...not sure what the mAh on it will be.

betterBquietnow

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Massachusets
In talking to Trent we discussed battery, made more sense to go with the single than using 2 and having the mod a third larger. The V1 will be out next month, it will have a built in LiPo...not sure what the mAh on it will be.

Hey Absintheur (and others) thanks for all the helpful info! So the modder is going to be releasing the v1 after the v2? The website seems to say the v1 built in LiPo will be 1200 mah, which doesnt seem like it would have any advantage over an AW IMR 18650. I've really been wanting to grab a well built DNA20 mod that can take a beating -- getting a little tired of my 'pretty' mods that just feel too nice and delicate to take out of the house. I want a great vape that I can take everywhere and not worry about a few scratches and dings -- looks like this fits the bill. Do you find the build quality to be as top-notch as the pics and reviews are suggesting? is there any rattle inside the unit when everything is screwed down etc? also, i dont imagine the center pin is adjustable, are most atomizers sitting relatively flush? really excited about this mod, obviously :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm partial to removable batteries, so I'm glad I got the V2. Particularly in this case, where it can be passed through too. That's something I've never seen before, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to like this Hana a lot.

The shipping notice came very quickly after my order, which was also nice.

betterBquietnow

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Massachusets
Here's my thing about wanting a DNA20. I enjoy tinkering with mods and atties as much as the next guy. Getting the right build on a genny to match the mod im using and its volt drop under load can be fun. But sometimes its not fun. Somtimes, I just wanna freakin vape! Like, build a coil, throw it on a mod, set it to whatever wattage i want, and vape without worry about getting the coil ohmed perfectly or having to change batteries when the rba starts to underperform. Yeah, i have a provari, but most of my rba's look stupid on it, and lately i vape at higher wattages that the provari just spits error codes at. Wouldn't it be cool to just grab my kayfun, wick and coil it with whatever gauge wire is closest to me on the desk, pop it onto a brick of a mod, set it to 15 watts and leave for the day knowing im gonna have a crackin vape the whole time im gone? yeah, that would be nice....and thus, im trying to find 200 bucks :)

quynhwil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
ohio
Here's my thing about wanting a DNA20. I enjoy tinkering with mods and atties as much as the next guy. Getting the right build on a genny to match the mod im using and its volt drop under load can be fun. But sometimes its not fun. Somtimes, I just wanna freakin vape! Like, build a coil, throw it on a mod, set it to whatever wattage i want, and vape without worry about getting the coil ohmed perfectly or having to change batteries when the rba starts to underperform. Yeah, i have a provari, but most of my rba's look stupid on it, and lately i vape at higher wattages that the provari just spits error codes at. Wouldn't it be cool to just grab my kayfun, wick and coil it with whatever gauge wire is closest to me on the desk, pop it onto a brick of a mod, set it to 15 watts and leave for the day knowing im gonna have a crackin vape the whole time im gone? yeah, that would be nice....and thus, im trying to find 200 bucks :)

You will not regret it. I have three of them and have different juice in each one that is pair with KF3.1. Its a keeper.I have not pick up any other devices since I got these.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You will not regret it. I have three of them and have different juice in each one that is pair with KF3.1. Its a keeper.I have not pick up any other devices since I got these.

Interesting you said that, because I was considering a 2nd, for my wife. I was part of a group on a list for a Mamu Max, that was shelved yesterday. She saw the pic of Max, and wanted one too. Since they were to be limited, that was out of the question. The first Hana was going to be for her - but I'm swiping it.

I might be selling a ProVari or two in the near future, if Hana turns out as expected. I'll know later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread