New Health e-cig model

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Cool. But if you can wait a day or two, I should have mine and might save you $17 if it's a total dud. Probably not that, but I'm spoiled now by my super pen styles.

I wonder what the carrier/box is made of? If it's flimsy cardboard, that would seriously limit its life. Oh well, we'll send it out to the Orange County Pimp My ... shop for some fiberglass work.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Yeah I just got my notice from Loongtotem on Monday- not sure if it shipped then, or if it meant it happed shipped on Fri when I ordered it or what. Probably goign to be end of week before I get it.

I dunno how Deal Extreme can ship for free- with the price of transport & all- whish loongtotem was quite so expensive- would be nice if DE could pick up some loongtotems :)

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I don't personally think the health cig batteries will fit L. T.. At looking at the pictures of the health cig .as it is very close looking to your average supermini with atomiser outside the tip itself.
I have tried every battery that I have none will fit at the L. T..
Nazareth did say that he thought TB had managed to stick a cartridge holding on to battery to make it work .is this true? And also then what sort of battery. I have also tried doing this holding a cartridge to a few batteries but with no joy.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
hey i just ordered the health e-cigarette. Where would I be able to find replacement nicotine cartridges for it?

that is ........... the million dollar question. No one knows at this point what parts are interchangeable! everyone is waiting for the shipment to reach TB! Until then, we are on pins and needles :)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
It's been shipped.

Ned, I just tried a few batteries after Mixos sent me some used and new LoongTotem carts/atomizers. I found the battery for my old Health mini cig was exactly the right size to fit into the female end on the cart. I thus had a "manual" LoongTotem. Now, that battery on the Health produces very little vapor, no matter if the atomizer is dripped and I suck mightily. On the LoongTotem cartridge, I literally coughed because so much vapor was made. The battery tip lit up and the cart crackled inside, then lots of vapor. I thought it had a nondescript taste, especially since I'm into Bickford flavor home brew with intense taste. I've now done this dozens of times, with the same result each time.

I'll try to use my laptop camera to shoot a short video of what I'm doing. When I press that male battery end into the LooongTotem cart, it works. But I'd never want to smoke for long holding two parts together! I need an identical thread, which is why I needed some used LT carts.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Thank you t Bob for your information.
I have tried every battery which I have. The 901 battery will go on the thread but not all the way.

The best fit is janty.no power though. 901 batteries light up but no power to the atomiser.

These L. T. will crackle and pop as you drag .I think this is normal with these .because if you don't hear that it tends not to vaporise right. And will crackle and pop a lot more if you put too much liquid in which then spits in your mouth. So you have to get the right amount of drips to combat this.

I do hope what you have ordered will solve this but I have looked on the pictures for the health cig and the thread on the battery and it does look slightly different to the L. T. not the thread itself but the top connection into the battery.

When you see a round circle with a hole in the middle plate where the battery connects to the atomiser. On health cigarette.

That plate on the L. T. which does have a hole in the middle also has to like slits. Like a cross on it like you could put a screwdriver there and screw that plate out. So I don't know if that would make any difference either.

By the way I still have in the first cartridge still in the L. T. and still dripping in Marlborough liquid. I must admit I do not use it all day perhaps the equivalent to four or five cigarettes and it's being over a week now and it's still going.
So once I can get the batteries replaced and I also have 70 carts to get through who knows how long it's going to last.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I was playing with this combo a minute ago, Ned, and it struck me that the automatic switch is in the cart/atomizer part. That means the LT "filter" thing has cartridge, atomizer and switch. For $1.80 each!!!

The Health battery I'm using has a perfect depth to mate with the LT cart, but the diameter of the battery threads is too small. An adapter ring that sized UP the battery threads a tiny bit would make a perfect fit.

With all my other batteries, the depth is the problem. They won't go deep enough into the LT cart to make a good connection.

You've now got a Janty Kissbox, right? The battery should screw directly into an LT cart. Mine does. BUT ... the Janty battery doesn't go deep enough to make contact. So it doesn't work. But there are the threads I need to make the adapter ring.

I guess that's what got me excited about the new $17 model. The photos of the battery make the diameter of the threaded end look bigger than the battery I have now from the old Health cig. If it's a little bigger, it might be interchangeable. If not, work will continue toward an adapter ring, using Janty battery threads stepped down to Health mini cig threads so the cheapo Health battery can power a LoongTotem.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
TB- how bout a little teflon plimbers tape around the male threads? That might just snug it up well enough to work- it would have to be a small piece so that the metal still makes contact, but I'm thinking it might work-

Another hting that m,ight work in the batteries that don't quiote reach far enough to make contact is take a thin piece of metal with a hole that will fit beteren cartridge and battery, and use it as a spacer

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Naz, When I was young, houses had fuse boxes with screw-in fuses rated at 15, 25, 60, etc. If one blew, we just substituted a larger one -- to heck if the circuit caught fire! Then if one kept blowing, we put a penny under it.

Yes, I thought of that for the Janty battery that doesn't quite make contact. I could "make my penny" from a piece inside a used up LT cart.

But putting a little piece in place requires work every time I want to puff this thing -- and isn't a long-term solution. I want something like a screw-on adapter that at least works all day. Even that's a pain.

Still looking for a cheap battery for LT carts.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
meh- it wouldn't be that much work, the spacer could be loose- just pop it out eacg time, plop it in the new Cartridge & done- it would be soemthign I'd be willing to do if it worked & enabled me to use other batteries. I've got hte SmartFixx mini batteries, but I doubt they will fit, but if or when my loong comes in, I'll give it a whirl, see if I can make it work- I'm not very handy with machining stuff like stepdown rings, but give me a roll of tape and I can rebuild hte roman empire :)

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
But putting a little piece in place requires work every time I want to puff this thing

Not sure I understand this statement? Once the spacer is inplace inside the Cartridge threads, uyou would screw the battery in, and it would be there until you unscrewed the battery- It wouldn't require much work- you'd just have to make sure it doesn't fall out when changing batteries is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread