Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Wow all thanks for all the great advice, this seems like an awesome community.

Sounds to me I'll look into either the nautilus 2 or kanger toptank. For the mtl tanks what level of nicotine is recommended for someone who was smoking a pack a day until yesterday? The juice I have now is 6.
The conventional wisdom was 18-24mg for heavy smokers when I started. That may have changed though. For a dL device it’s 6-12. It’s very handy ndividual though. Use what you need to stay off the cigs.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi and welcome. I "returned" to vaping this time around with a sub0hm, DL, higher vape device and absolutely hated it. You can indeed use any tank on top of your smok mod as long as it has a 510 connection. If you wind up liking say, the Nautilus 2 (it was my quitting tank. Pretty versatile and inexpensive (although IMO there are better MTL tanks out there) but the N2 is good, inexpensive choice, and my husband is now using my N2 tanks to quit (he says).

As far as nicotine strength in a MTL tank, anywhere from 12--36 is common. The higher you go, the less amount of "vaping" you will need to do. I quit using 18 mg/ml juice (and I was a 3 ppd smoker). It was plenty for me, and I did some chain vaping at the start, which is also totally normal for folks to do. It usually settles down over time and after detoxing off all the other nasty chemicals in cigarettes. 6 mg really might be plenty if you were to continue to DL, but if you want to try MTL, you will need to raise your nic. How much, I'm not sure. It tends to be rather individual. You could try some different strengths in small sizes until you hit on your "right" nicotine level, or you could get a "high" nicotine juice and a 0 nicotine juice, mixing them in various proportions until you hit the correct "strength" for you.

Welcome, and keep asking questions until you feel like you are getting "vape satisfaction." Some dual use in the beginning can be normal and if it happens, keep vaping, and those last few cigarettes will fall away over time. Although there are some vapers who take their "first puff" and never look back to tobacco, as well.

Best of luck, and welcome to ECF.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: dsites

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I too tried a sub ohm tank & found it frustrating, much preferred the mtl style while I was replacing cigarettes. I also found a smaller mouth piece similar to a cigarette filter much better than a wide bore some tanks use.

Nicotine wise, as above posters have said 18mg would help better for a 30 a day smoker. Once I was on a higher strength & mtl tank, the physical & mental urge for a cigarette diminished and I was reaching for my vape happily

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Wow all thanks for all the great advice, this seems like an awesome community.
    Sounds to me I'll look into either the nautilus 2 or kanger toptank. For the mtl tanks what level of nicotine is recommended for someone who was smoking a pack a day until yesterday? The juice I have now is 6.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    The vape information below may help you choose the right equipment for you.
    Might like to read:
    http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
    Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
    https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
    http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
    Beginner – Guide To Vaping
    http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
    6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2016
    Orlando, FL
    socialonlinebydesign.com
    Wow, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one on the planet that preferred DTL to MTL when I was quitting smoking! Back then it was really frustrating because there were virtually ZERO DTL devices. I had to look long and hard for something that put out enough vapor to satisfy me and had decent airflow.

They used to make 36mg nicotine eliquid, but I haven't seen any in several years now. Not sure it's even still sold anywhere. Can someone clarify this for me?

Anyhow, welcome to ECF! You will find a lot of great advice here. :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    You can still get it online some places I think, specifically some of the custom juice makers. Although at that strength, and going "custom" I'd think DIY would be the place to go, because I think it's much harder to get (and a lot of nic salt makers will provide that strength, or higher) but that's simply my opinion.

I can't imagine vaping 36 personally, although when I started it was with one of those Njoy dripper things. I actually quit for about a month using them, and then returned to full time work (I was on "moving to Tucson" break. So, those went out of the window swiftly.... I'm a stress smoker.

I do find 18 mg/ml to be plenty for me, although I do vape a bit like I smoked, with great enthusiasm, LOL. I will also say, delivery devices (even MTL) have gotten a LOT stronger and etc.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Wow, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one on the planet that preferred DTL to MTL when I was quitting smoking! Back then it was really frustrating because there were virtually ZERO DTL devices. I had to look long and hard for something that put out enough vapor to satisfy me and had decent airflow.

They used to make 36mg nicotine eliquid, but I haven't seen any in several years now. Not sure it's even still sold anywhere. Can someone clarify this for me?

Anyhow, welcome to ECF! You will find a lot of great advice here. :)
    I wouldn't have stayed with vaping if I hadn't stumbled across dtl. Found mtl very frustrating.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread