New here, done alot of research and have a few questions for experienced PV users

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
-I've been holding down the button mostly 1-2 secs and it gives me the inhale thats closest to smoking(medium amount of vapor and throat hit). I'm afraid to hold it down any longer and risk the batts burning up. How long/whats the longest you would hold the button (seconds)[with 650mah batt and LR cartos (2.0)]?

Depends how new and how full the carto is. If the carto is wet enough with thin enough juice then it can handle a longer activation.

-The smoke could be cooler, but im not sure if thats the LR, or VG, and I don't want to sacrifice speed or throat hit. suggestions?

LR is is low ohms which uses battery power faster and creates more heat. Use higher ohms to have less heat. Exception - LR dual coils are actual 2 standard resistance coils, each making cooler standard resistance vapor but you are getting double vapor.

-I've heard that once you use a dry carto, the taste ruins it, and you should toss it. As someone who likes the stretch the livelihood of his products, I want to keep it wet and vape it until it's ALMOST empty. How do you guys keep track of the volume of e-juice when the thing isn't clear!?

Well some tobacco flavors that are bit sweeter than you would like can sometimes still taste fine with a bit of singed bitter taste added. But singe bitterness will ruin a sweet flavor, erasing the sweetness and sense of the flavor. I use a simple plastic or delrin drip tip as a mouthpiece on cartos. I use clear thin juices - light-colored ones that drop no flavoring sediment. So my stuffing goes white on top when it could take more juice. I always look at the stuffing before putting the carto on a fresh charged battery, before leaving the house, or anytime I think I have been vaping too long without adding liquid. I also add liquid any time the vapor/flavor becomes light, wrong, or the slightest hint of bitter, or if the carto/vapor is getting abnormally warm (a sign the carto is low on juice)

-I just put 15 drops in a reg size carto (condom method, top fill) and it tastes like burning plastic, do I need to wait for it to soak into the polyfill? is this carto ruined?

I never use the condom method. I always slowly put in 18 drops per ml capacity of the carto (I make it go in - I hold a tissue on the threaded end hole and drip it down the inner wall slow as necessary). Then I wait 20 seconds or so after that soaks in, then I drip in however many more drops it will soak up easily (usually 3-6). Then I clean it up well. Then since it's the first fill I SETTLE - lay it on different sides for 15-20 minutes to make sure every bit of stuffing gets damp. 15-20 minutes of settle is enough for the juices I use (PG w/ 20% or less VG. If you use more VG then you may need to settle a lot longer). If you use high VG juices you may never get it to work well. The juice needs to be able to flow through the stuffing as fast as you are vaping it.

I also recommend learning to use cartos with standard resistance cartos like Boge 3 ohm. Then use LR.

Last edited:

DeanMachine

Nov 4, 2011
Chicago
-I've been holding down the button mostly 1-2 secs and it gives me the inhale thats closest to smoking(medium amount of vapor and throat hit). I'm afraid to hold it down any longer and risk the batts burning up. How long/whats the longest you would hold the button (seconds)[with 650mah batt and LR cartos (2.0)]?

Depends how new and how full the carto is. If the carto is wet enough with thin enough juice then it can handle a longer activation.

-The smoke could be cooler, but im not sure if thats the LR, or VG, and I don't want to sacrifice speed or throat hit. suggestions?

LR is is low ohms which uses battery power faster and creates more heat. Use higher ohms to have less heat. Exception - LR dual coils are actual 2 standard resistance coils, each making cooler standard resistance vapor but you are getting double vapor.

-I've heard that once you use a dry carto, the taste ruins it, and you should toss it. As someone who likes the stretch the livelihood of his products, I want to keep it wet and vape it until it's ALMOST empty. How do you guys keep track of the volume of e-juice when the thing isn't clear!?

Well some tobacco flavors that are bit sweeter than you would like can sometimes still taste fine with a bit of singed bitter taste added. But singe bitterness will ruin a sweet flavor, erasing the sweetness and sense of the flavor. I use a simple plastic or delrin drip tip as a mouthpiece on cartos. I use clear thin juices - light-colored ones that drop no flavoring sediment. So my stuffing goes white on top when it could take more juice. I always look at the stuffing before putting the carto on a fresh charged battery, before leaving the house, or anytime I think I have been vaping too long without adding liquid. I also add liquid any time the vapor/flavor becomes light, wrong, or the slightest hint of bitter, or if the carto/vapor is getting abnormally warm (a sign the carto is low on juice)

-I just put 15 drops in a reg size carto (condom method, top fill) and it tastes like burning plastic, do I need to wait for it to soak into the polyfill? is this carto ruined?

I never use the condom method. I always slowly put in 18 drops per ml capacity of the carto (I make it go in - I hold a tissue on the threaded end hole and drip it down the inner wall slow as necessary). Then I wait 20 seconds or so after that soaks in, then I drip in however many more drops it will soak up easily (usually 3-6). Then I clean it up well. Then since it's the first fill I SETTLE - lay it on different sides for 15-20 minutes to make sure every bit of stuffing gets damp. 15-20 minutes of settle is enough for the juices I use (PG w/ 20% or less VG. If you use more VG then you may need to settle a lot longer). If you use high VG juices you may never get it to work well. The juice needs to be able to flow through the stuffing as fast as you are vaping it.

I also recommend learning to use cartos with standard resistance cartos like Boge 3 ohm. Then use LR.

THANK YOU DORMOUSE, incredibly helpful again!!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread