• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New in Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Wow...the forum lives. I bet it was kinda scary coming in here...door ajar...dark and dusty.

Glad you made it here however. Not a lot of activity here lately, but new posts always seem to get a reply.

So...what part of the big o do you inhabit? What hardware and liquid are you using? And most importantly...did you bring refreshing adult beverages with you?

ChadR

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Omaha, NE
hawkizefan - I'm down in the Hanscom Park area - 34th and Center. For hardware I'm using Vapor4Life KR808 batteries, and I haven't settled into a juice yet, although i really like V4L's Dunhall. I've been working my way through several sampler packs I bought, and also looking forward to trying Nobacco USA's No. 7 and Double Barrel Cherry (on it's way!). What do you use?

Has anybody found local places to buy supplies? I've purchased everything online so far, but wouldn't mind knowing of someplace local just in case. There is a thread on that in this forum, but it hasn't seen much action.

If i can ask, what are other forum readers using, and why? I went with V4L simply because they had the most active supplier forum. I have not been disappointed with their products.

cbehrendt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Iowa
There is a lot of gear that people use on this site. Your best bet is just searching around and reading about them.

As for me, I primarily use a Provari with dual coil cartomizers in a dual coil cartomizer tank. I have been vaping Backwoods Brew juice for a few days and I love it.

My backup device is a Silver bullet and 510 atomizers.

cbehrendt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Iowa
As for why I am using my setup, the Provari is variable voltage which allows me to select what voltage I can vape at. I am new to dual coil cartomizers, but I like them alot. They give me a consistent vape, with good flavor. I am new to tanks as well, but I really like them. It's nice to squeeze 5ml of juice into a tank and not have to worry about having to drip or refill for an entire day or two.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Sb and a provari ought to get you through the day rather nicely.

Im not familiar with the v4l gear, but know that a lot people like it and like the joose.too.

I started out with an ego...moved on to a maxi roughstack and have kinda been stuck/happy there. The rs isn't a real glamorous mod but it is a workhorse that can take a ton of abuse. Mine has hit the pavement at least a dozen times and it just keeps going. It's very versatile and can be vaped at 3.7...5.0 ( well...4.8 )..6.0..and a very throat scorching 7.4 depending on what batter I feed it. I liked it enough that for a backup I got another rs.

I mainly run the dual coils on it at 6 volts with a homemade syringe tank while not at work and without a tank at work. For liquid I have tried gallons from all over the place but always end up back at Madvapes for their China liquid. It's just good and you can't beat 50 np for $11 or so.

I've been eyeballing a sabertouch for months now....just haven't pulled the trigger, but one or more of those bad boys will need to be added to the fold one day soon.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
The variable voltage stuff sounds pretty cool. I know in the mornings i prefer my passthrough, which runs at 5V, for more throat hit. The rest of the day I'm okay with a bit less throat hit, I bit lighter smoke. Is there a particular vendor you guys can suggest for checking out variable voltage gear?

Madvapes sells an inexpensive vv box mod for around $40 or so. Good way to dabble in vv without dropping a lot of coin. Moving up you can find quite a few vv mode out there. The provari of course, the buzz pro gets a lot of love..the new lavatube is apparently now available and at around $70-80 or so. I mentioned my next mod will be a sabertouch. Can't decide on the 5 volt regulated with the high power option ( high power will work with dual coils ) or the vv saber. Or the 3.7/6 volt or the mini. Damn...need to check my lottery ticket. Maybe i can just get all 4 andand take the pressure off of myself..lol.

cbehrendt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Iowa
+1 to what hawkizefan said.

Those are all reputable vendors, but there are a lot of different choices from a lot of different vendors. No one can for sure say what will work best for you as vaping is a very personal thing.

Your best bet is to take some time and roam around these forums for awhile reading about the different devices. This site is really good and everyone around here is very helpful as well.

cbehrendt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Iowa
What are you favorite flavors for the china liquid from madvapes? And how does it perform as far as throat hit and vapor production?

I have never tried china liquid, but I am thinking of giving it a shot as I get tired of buying more expensive USA liquid and ending up not liking it very much. Although Backwoods Brew is turning out to be some pretty good stuff.......

Sb and a provari ought to get you through the day rather nicely.

Im not familiar with the v4l gear, but know that a lot people like it and like the joose.too.

I started out with an ego...moved on to a maxi roughstack and have kinda been stuck/happy there. The rs isn't a real glamorous mod but it is a workhorse that can take a ton of abuse. Mine has hit the pavement at least a dozen times and it just keeps going. It's very versatile and can be vaped at 3.7...5.0 ( well...4.8 )..6.0..and a very throat scorching 7.4 depending on what batter I feed it. I liked it enough that for a backup I got another rs.

I mainly run the dual coils on it at 6 volts with a homemade syringe tank while not at work and without a tank at work. For liquid I have tried gallons from all over the place but always end up back at Madvapes for their China liquid. It's just good and you can't beat 50 np for $11 or so.

I've been eyeballing a sabertouch for months now....just haven't pulled the trigger, but one or more of those bad boys will need to be added to the fold one day soon.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
What are you favorite flavors for the china liquid from madvapes? And how does it perform as far as throat hit and vapor production?

I have never tried china liquid, but I am thinking of giving it a shot as I get tired of buying more expensive USA liquid and ending up not liking it very much. Although Backwoods Brew is turning out to be some pretty good stuff.......

Bwb just didn't do it for me but have to admit that I "settled" on a couple of flavors because getting a certain 2 or3 Bwb noises is comparable to winning the lottery. I also found out that Bwb liquids didn't play very nicely with my cartos...especially the malfunction toffee which I found to be way to sweet for me. I tend to gravitate to tobacco vapes...which brings me to the Madvapes liquids.

I do the China ...not the custom China juices. Really like the ry4..the 555 (3 and 5 or whatever they call it)..the dk tab, the glue cured..been working through a 50 ml of Cuban cigar which turned out better than expected. Like I said...mainly tobaccos for me. I usually fill my carto with a mix of 2-3 or 4 of these.rarely do I ever vape 1 by itself. I also always have a 30 ml bottle of the top vapor cherry tobacco on hand and always put a few drops of that in with whatever else I'm filling up with. Can't do the cherry by itself but it serves nicely as an addition.

Liquid seems to be the one variable I seem to be constantly chasing, but always end up back at Madvapes. I do have a couple of vendors that I'm going to check out soon...halo and vapor station. Just keep hearing good things about their tobacco liquids. We'll see. Hopefully I will love them, but if I run right back to Madvapes...well...it wouldn't be the first time..or the second or third.

cbehrendt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Iowa
Yeah I have been seriously debating on the madvapes china liquid. The price is definitely right. I am tending to like tobacco flavors, the cherry tobacco from BWB is pretty good and I have been vaping it for like 8 days straight now. But I think I need a little bit more of an agressive taste, but not over-top-top like the juice I just recieved from tastyvapor. The TV juice tastes awesome but it is so sweet I can't vape much of it.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Sorry...didn't even respond to what you asked...just rambled. Th is big for me and these work good in that respect. The reason I add a few drops of the top vapor cherry tobacco is because #1.. it taste.good and #2.. I just seem to get an extra punch in the th department.

Vapor production seems to me to be comparable to just about any 80/20 liquid. You won't fog the room but won't be blowing air either.

cbehrendt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Iowa
I think I might give the chinese RY4 a shot. I am vaping momandpop ry4 now and it tastes pretty good. It is kind of thick so I dont know how well it will hold up in my dual cartos and tank. The TH isn't where I want it to be. Maybe I will drop a couple BWB cherry tobacco into it to see what happens like you do.

Many people seem to love RY4 and I am very intrigued by it, so I think I will give the chinese a shot, especially since it costs the same as a 15ml bottle of momandpops ry4 does.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I really like mom and pops....my cartos didn't. Really liked the tobacco haze and citrus tobacco.

Tasty vapor...same way only worse. Want2 vape does some amazing tobaccos, but their extracted and contain particulates that have a severe negative effect on cartos. Still...their acid blondie, although very "thick" is probably the best liquid I ever tried. Man...still chasing the liquid. Now I'm thinking I should get some more blondie and just live with the 2 day carto life.

It's not that I'm that cheap (ok...probably is), but one of the reasons for getting off the stinkies was to save $$$. I usually like to get a week out of a carto...10 days or more for 1 in a tank. I admit I hit a carto a day or two more than I should...can't help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread