• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New in Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Lol...angry wives and vaping just don't mix. I've been married for almost 25 years...smoked for ....well...up til a year ago I smoked for all of them. My wife has never smoked a cig in her life. I smoked for about 35 years prior to trying vaping. The last 20 or so years of my smoking career, I hand rolled my own ( drum shag....great stuff ). I rolled to the tune of 40-50 a day. In the past I had tried every option out there to quit. No luck...not even close. Stumbled on e-cigs and ....well as they say the rest is histeory. My wife was never behind the whole vaping thing...saw me fail too often I guess. Lots of eeeye rolling and snide comments........#%g about the $$$....complaining about the inordinate amount of time I spend on the forum ..etc...but I think it really struck home with her when one day...after not having a cig for 8 months or so I had one and came home. You would have thought that I had just took a dump on her face by the way she acted. I now vape at the kitchen table...in the car or just about anywhere else i want to....but she still complains about the $$$, even though I have shown her.that I am spending less than half of what I did on tobacco.

.wow...that was long winded....don't know if I answered the ??, or if there even was a ?....but somehow I feel better for venting that.

cbehrendt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Iowa
I posted on the classified forum asking to buy some dk ry4. Got an immediate response. The guy is sending me 40ml of dk ry4 24mg for $9, so a pretty good deal. He said it was from madvapes and its not the custom chinese. So I feel like I lucked out, as I am really enjoying the M&P ry4, its just a little too sweet for my tastes. Nothing like the pineapple-orange-banana that I got from tastyvapor. I can't even vape that stuff, feels like I shoved a banana in my mouth while gargling corn syrup.

My wife is kina iffy on the whole vaping thing. This is the second time I have started vaping. The first time I stopped because I was deployed, and it is pretty hard to drip while sitting in a gunner's turret rolling down the "roads" in Afghanistan. She supports me trying to quit, but I don't think she takes it very seriously.

Too bad I can't get her to stop smoking cigs and start vaping. She has tried it a couple of times and almost puked each time(was actually really funny watching her gag like that). Maybe I should try getting some lower nic juice since the 24mg is probably too harsh for her to enjoy.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
That's sweet that you got hooked up with the ry4....sounds like the right stuff at 24mg. Hope you like it half as much as I do. I've tried a lot of ry4's...to many of them are sickening sweet but I know a lot of folks like that over the top sweet thing. Madvapes ry4 has a touch of sweet but you have to look for it....if that makes any sense. To me It's more of a "dry" flavored vape.

Glad you got all hooked up. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

I really have enjoyed the back and forth with you today cb...It's been fun. Glad you found this sub-forum. Gotta take off, but hope to chat with you some more.

By the way...where's the guy that started this whole thread???

ChadR

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Omaha, NE
For the stuff on page two - Wow - way more advanced than I'm ready for at this point. I'll get there, but it'll take a while. At the moment, Im just happy being 12 days without an analog, and enjoying V4L's Dunhall and Smilin menthol. The Dunhall is very tasty, and the Smilin menthol -well, i can't stand the taste, but it has fabulous th, and sometimes I need that to get through an analog craving.

For the stuff on page 3 - I gotta check back here more often!
My wife is starting to get behind the vaping. I just ask her a lot - gee isn't it nice that I don't stick of cigarettes? Isn't it nice that my car doesn't stink? Look, honey, that's $70 I haven't spent on cigarettes. Yes, I was upstairs hiding from the kids and vaping, but, unlike when i had to go outside to smoke, at least I could hear them screaming and crying as they started beating on each other!

Last edited:

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Hey chad...glad u came back and I'm sorry that cb and I kinda went off...just got excited. Not very often I run into "local" vapers. When I found this sub-forum about a year ago I got really stoked. I was so green as far as e-cigs were involved...knew I had to do something about my smoking addiction...found e-cigs...this forum and then this Nebraska subforum. Got very excited but found that this forum isn't real active. Made a promise to myself that I would check here everyday for...well..guys like you.

18 months ago I had never heard of a pv. 12 months ago.( give or take ) I ordered my first. Ordered my first blind as a bat because I had absolutely not a clue as to what was going on ...but knew I needed to quit or at the very least cut down on the analogs.

In the last 12-14 months I wasted some $$$..simply because I was flying blindly by the seat of my pants with no body to give advice. I spend an inordinate amount of time on this forum ( hey..we all need a hobby right?) But I think that now I have a pretty good grasp on what's what...what works and what has been shown to be problematic....what hardware is good and what's junk...etc...

Yea...it seems overwhelming at the onset. Well it is. Tons of info and mis-info to sort through. I am by no means an expert or anything,.but I do have (in my humble opinion) a pretty good grasp on the vaping scene. And I'm right here ( papillion) if you ever want to chat or have a ? Or whatever. Pm me if you want...heck..I would give a fellow oma-vapor my digits if you would ever like to talk like real people use to in the olden days.

Glad you came back man....this forum needs something going on.

Actual real people posting here is way better than what I had planned for a week or so from now....thanks for not letting me do that

ChadR

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Omaha, NE
Dare I ask what you had planned for a week or so from now?

Am making the switch (already) from auto to manual batteries. Every now and then the auto is nice, but I think I prefer the manual. And I can use refilled cartomizers more safely, less likely to ruin the battery.

There is a TON of info on these forums, and a lot to sift through. And a few idiots to avoid. It's taken me a while to get some of the terminology down, and I think I still have a ways to go. You guys have provided some good info, especially in regards to the vv stuff. If I'm still vaping, and not smoking, in 6 or 8 months, I'll have to look into that.

Hawkizefan, I wouldn't mind meeting a fellow vaper in person! maybe after the holidays are over and things aren't so crazy?
CB, where are you?

Gotta go check out the madvapes website now - you guys mentioned them several times, so I think I'll looke them over....

cbehrendt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Iowa
And CB - you said you got deployed. Thanks for your service!

Thanks man! My pleasure to serve this great nation.

I live in a little town in Iowa called Harlan. Ever heard of it? When I worked and lived in Omaha I met an unusual amount of people there that know about Harlan for some reason, mostly because of the HS football program I suppose.

cbehrendt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Iowa
Dare I ask what you had planned for a week or so from now?

Am making the switch (already) from auto to manual batteries. Every now and then the auto is nice, but I think I prefer the manual. And I can use refilled cartomizers more safely, less likely to ruin the battery.

There is a TON of info on these forums, and a lot to sift through. And a few idiots to avoid. It's taken me a while to get some of the terminology down, and I think I still have a ways to go. You guys have provided some good info, especially in regards to the vv stuff. If I'm still vaping, and not smoking, in 6 or 8 months, I'll have to look into that.

Hawkizefan, I wouldn't mind meeting a fellow vaper in person! maybe after the holidays are over and things aren't so crazy?
CB, where are you?

Gotta go check out the madvapes website now - you guys mentioned them several times, so I think I'll looke them over....

Manuals are the way to go. I started off on some real crappy smoke51 autos. Then after finding this forum I moved to the joye 510 manual batteries, then onto the silver bullet by altsmoke, and now I have moved onto the provari. Going through these types of phases seem to be pretty typical for vapers, and seem like a sort of natural order.

Best of luck to you though, as vaping can sometimes be frustrating and make you just want to go out and buy a pack of smokes and a lighter because it is so much easier. But once you start finding what works best and is most convenient to you it gets much better.

ChadR

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Omaha, NE
Definately finding I like my manuals better than the autos. Although when I'm at work, I'll sometimes load a light fruit flavor into a manual, hold in my teeth, and vape away. Not really for the crave or the throat hit, but just because I can.

CB I have heard of Harlan, but not sure I could find it on a map :)
Ordered a couple of 5ml juices off of madvapes to try them out. Let you know what I think. Looking forward to trying them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread