Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I really wanted an e grip . From what I've read I'm glad I didn't. Still looks really cool though. Just too many problems with it. I saw the other day their is now a 30 watt version. What do you all think of it. Any problems with it?

I have three original egrips without any problems at all!

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
@gt_1955 have you had any of your silicone caps break yet. I'm still going through 1 a week. I can't figure out why. Also do you fill from the side all the time or do you fill from the base. I fill from the base maybe screwing it back in to frequent may be causing it.
No, no breakage at all. I always side fill though, and only remove the base when necessary.

Written on 21st Century papyrus

Reactions: Dimplegirl

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Hello all, I haven't been in here for awhile. Gosh all this CL,CLR and CS stuff is overwhelmingly confusing.o_O
I'm still on a V1 and thinking of getting another while I still can. The V1 was my very first PV, so impressed with it that I bought a second one two days later. Unfortunately I busted the USB on the second one. My own clumsiness not Joyetechs fault. I was afraid to lay the thing over for charging so I would sit them on the edge of my desk with the plug hanging over. :facepalm: Of course I knock the one to the floor several times and broke it. DUH!
So anyway, I had ordered 2 RBA bases but after reading about all the leak issues and the wide open airflow and kinda just put them aside and didn't even bother with them until a few days ago. First I just juiced up and stuck the RBA in as it came from Joyetechs. Leak city as I expected. Rewicked and still had some leakage but not as bad. Then I did the sanding trick to get the juice holes in proper alignment. Been 4 days leak free!:banana: sitting straight up on a paper towel. Laid on its side. Swinging from a lanyard... Full tank, 1/4 tank.....Not even a hint of juice escaping.... Yet.

But WOW I love the vape on this thing all over again. The airflow is no problem even with my little Tootle Puffs. The sizzle and snap crackle POP is outrageous with my big old fist wrapped around it like a megaphone.:thumbs:

Attachments

• 20150905_091641.jpg
    20150905_091641.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 45

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
Hello all, I haven't been in here for awhile. Gosh all this CL,CLR and CS stuff is overwhelmingly confusing.o_O
I'm still on a V1 and thinking of getting another while I still can. The V1 was my very first PV, so impressed with it that I bought a second one two days later. Unfortunately I busted the USB on the second one. My own clumsiness not Joyetechs fault. I was afraid to lay the thing over for charging so I would sit them on the edge of my desk with the plug hanging over. :facepalm: Of course I knock the one to the floor several times and broke it. DUH!
So anyway, I had ordered 2 RBA bases but after reading about all the leak issues and the wide open airflow and kinda just put them aside and didn't even bother with them until a few days ago. First I just juiced up and stuck the RBA in as it came from Joyetechs. Leak city as I expected. Rewicked and still had some leakage but not as bad. Then I did the sanding trick to get the juice holes in proper alignment. Been 4 days leak free!:banana: sitting straight up on a paper towel. Laid on its side. Swinging from a lanyard... Full tank, 1/4 tank.....Not even a hint of juice escaping.... Yet.

But WOW I love the vape on this thing all over again. The airflow is no problem even with my little Tootle Puffs. The sizzle and snap crackle POP is outrageous with my big old fist wrapped around it like a megaphone.:thumbs:

I think you will like the OLED version as well. It's great knowing how much battery life you have left and if you buy the v3 you can get the CL base and then you can use the ego-one clr coils or continue to use your rba's. You can't go wrong. I LOVE my OLED's, I have 2 running all day every day! I did have the v1 and ended up selling them and upgrading. Enjoy!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I think you will like the OLED version as well. It's great knowing how much battery life you have left and if you buy the v3 you can get the CL base and then you can use the ego-one clr coils or continue to use your rba's. You can't go wrong. I LOVE my OLED's, I have 2 running all day every day! I did have the v1 and ended up selling them and upgrading. Enjoy!

Thank you @Dimplegirl for the recommendation. I've simply had no interest in OLED from day one. IMO that screen totally ruined the simple beauty of the V1. And after 2 1/2 months vaping and spending just as much as I did in cigs I think I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got. I alternate daily between my Squape RTA and my eGrip. Have an iStick 20 for checking coil builds. Just started diy juicing and may end up going flavorless. I'm ready to start reaping the savings that I was expecting when I started this journey. NO shinyitis for me!:rolleyes: I hope.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I have had a number of V1s & one V2 always used with the higher airflow of the RBA Base. Just heard about V3 using the CLR rebuildable heads and was intrigued enough that I just placed my order for the CL version from Fasttech. Watched a few videos on rebuilding them and they seem a lot easier than the rbas which I have always just dry burned and re-wicked until I couldn't any longer because they are such a pia. Been doing the Subtank thing a lot lately with dna devices and have gotten used to increased airflow.

My question is: Has anyone tried drilling a 2-3mm hole in the center of a spare CL Base like the RBA base has to see if it opens up the airflow through the clr heads to improve the airflow & therefore vapor delivery of egrip to a level beyond that of the regular RBA Base? I would think it would be an interesting experiment to try and am sourcing CLR Bases. See a 5pk goes for 12.99 on 3F but it will take 3 weeks to get them.

If anyone has tried it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the result.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Personally, after seeing the Evic VTC Mini I'm starting to think Joytech has all the parts in hand now for the Perfect All-in-One Mod. All they need to do is:
  • keep the same control panel & USB as the Evic VTC Mini.
  • have the 18650 slide into a tube from the bottom with a clip in door or even a thumbscrew cap.
  • have a removable Modular Tank/Atty/DripTip Section plug into it from the side, held magnetically in the same manner they are doing with the Existing battery door with high amp bullet type atty/electrical connections easily switched by user.
  • That Section could be any one of:
    • an Egrip Style enclosed Modular Tank Atty Section
    • A Low Tank Mod Section (VTR Style)
    • A Squonker Section
    • Standard 510 With A Parallel 18650 Battery Below.
  • The Existing Egrip Tank/Atty Design would be Modified to be:
    • Modular and Removable for Easy dis-assembly/cleaning/maintenance
    • Much Larger to Scale up to the Evic VTC Control Panel.
    • Perform Temperature Control with VTC CP & CLR Ti & Ni200 Coils
    • Based on Clr Heads (at first)
    • Still accept the existing Rba Base
    • have the same fill port
    • carry Huge Tank Capacity
    • Because it would be modular It could also be further redesigned to incorporate larger full tank style coils of different designs & RBA Atomizers/Chimneys for even greater airflow capacity so long as the Overall Modular Design outer dimensions remained unchanged.
    • Could even be open sourced or licensed to tank manufactures so they could incorporate their own Tank/Atty/Chimney designs so long as the Overall Modular Design outer dimensions remained unchanged.
  • Possibilities are Endless.
upload_2015-9-13_21-7-35.png Egrip oled VTC Mockup.png

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
They say the new CL version can still take the old cs heads so theoretically you should still be able to hack the BVCs in but they say the CL & CLR heads are much better. I just received the evic vtc mini w/ ego one mega tank using cl heads and am truly impressed.

I just ordered an egrip cl as a result.

Reactions: Dimplegirl

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
They say the new CL version can still take the old cs heads so theoretically you should still be able to hack the BVCs in but they say the CL & CLR heads are much better.

The CL edition only uses CL and CLR coils.
But you do have the option of using the old CS coil base with the older type coils.

All of the "coil bases" are swappable between the egrip models, it's just up to you to make sure you get the right base for the coils you intend to use

Reactions: gt_1955
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread