The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Joyetech 20watt eGrip

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Racehorse, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tpat591

Tpat591 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    Many thanks to Skeeeets from the FT Forum for answering my question from post [HASHTAG]#2330[/HASHTAG] and the great result:
    upload_2015-9-19_2-44-53.png

• Like Like x 4
  2. defdock

defdock Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest

That would be I. ; )

Any questions just ask.

Got the cl base to fire fine now on the old version, I have no idea why it was being funny earlier

3. gt_1955

gt_1955 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    South Australia
    I get the air flow mod, but don't understand about the seal mod. Do you have anymore info?

4. defdock

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    To use the "ego one cl" coils on the egrip, they supply a rubber grommet that slides in/on top the coil. Using this seal with the clr version of the ego one coils(rebuildable), is almost impossible as it folds the rubber inwards and cuts off the airflow (if you can manage to get it on)

For ghetto purposes, I looked thru all of my old bags of seals I saved from past tanks and came across a protank seal (the one ontop the coil). Out of the 15 I had, only one would pop on the top of the clr coil and stay in place long enough to get the base in.once I remove the base, I had to fish the grommet out of the egrip, this was becoming redundant, so I figured I would drill the hole in the top of the clr to a size similar to the stock cl coils. A tempting to drill it out, the drill bit caught, and ripped out this "pressfit" ring that was part of the top. Without it, it "perfectly" left the top open to the exact size hole of the stock CL coils. from there I started using the supplied seals that the egrip cl base came with.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gt_1955

Apr 25, 2012
    South Australia
    Ah, okay. Thanks mate ;)

6. gt_1955

Apr 25, 2012
    South Australia
    I don't have a lot of problems getting that seal onto the CLR coils, but yes it does restrict the air flow a bit. I don't mind it though.

Once i run out of seals, I'm going to make a delrin one so your information is timely.

• Like Like x 1
  7. defdock

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    Having rubber obstruct the direct airflow coming off the coil is what worried me, I didn't want to be vaping melted rubber.

Very glad that the little pressfit peice was the only thing stopping it.

Going to be recycling that metal cap for the clr everytime :)

8. gt_1955

Apr 25, 2012
    South Australia
    I wonder if that press fit ring is to reduce the air flow on 1Ω coils and left out on 0.5Ω coils?

9. Tpat591

Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    Many thanks again! 3f shipped my Cl bases the other day and FT shipped the grip so I will be rocking one in a few weeks.

Your success makes me want to order up a second 30w oled!

Gotta admit I'm confused by the press in cap thing too not having a clr head here. Sounds like you just pull the cap off like you were gonna rewick a CL head?

10. defdock

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    It's the "inner chimney" that shields the threads. It's almost completely pointless. And Btw these are the .5 clr coils, just rebuilt to 0.9-1.2

A week after I received my oled from FT, I went and purchased one of the older wood ones because I like this egrip so much i wanted a wood one (to bad they discontinued that color from the new 30w cl line)And now it's even better with the updated airflow.

In the morning, I will update the fasttech post with that diagram, and Il post a picture here demonstrating what I mean with these clr coils not sealing correctly

11. gt_1955

Apr 25, 2012
    South Australia

It's okay, I just stripped one and had a look

Cheers mate

12. Tpat591

Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    Since I had only ordered only 1 5pk of .5ohm CLR with the egrip to test them out I went to Fasttech and damn near soiled my shorts when I saw they raised the price of them from $8.31 to $17.50. Fortunately the MAP Coupon code worked to bring them back down. The 5% RMBBUST code wouldn't take though. Ordered 4 pack just to stock up. Overreaction but w/ 7 egrips and 2 evic vtc...maybe not.

13. Tpat591

Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    I had wanted to buy a second egrip from Ecig.com this time but because you can only use their coupon codes once and I have ordered so much from them recently, I couldn't find a 5% discount code I hadn't already used so I just left it in my cart for a day or so. Just got a Last Chance to buy this Item email from the with a 5% coupon good for 24hrs so it is on the way!

EDIT: CRAP I ASSUMED THIS WAS THE CL VERSION AND NOW JUST REALIZED IT WAS THE CS VERSION SO IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. I ASSUMED INCORRECTLY IT WAS A BETTER PRICE & FASTER SHIPPING ON THE CL THAN FASTECH - I WAS WRONG IT IS THE CS!

• Like Like x 2
  14. defdock

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    If you have 3 cl bases coming in, I don't see why the cs version is a problem.

If you read around, they are "upgradable" to 30w via some clicks on the button. And you can just swap the base with one of the 3 cl bases you ordered

15. Tpat591

Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    I've got an early 20w v2 here and tried the 30 click upgrade to 30w and it did not work. Think earlier firmware did not carry the hidden upgrade

• Like Like x 1
  16. defdock

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    [​IMG]

If you can see the difference, the bottom peice is after modification, the middle is before, and the top is before modification with the cl seal ontop. I'm suprized the top peice didn't fold when I put on the seal, it was the first one to go on easy.

One more note, after drilling the base, I have noticed the egrip gets a little more gurgly then normal. But leaving the mod standing up all night, it did not produce a leak... yet.

• Like Like x 2
  17. defdock

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    Make sure to set it to 20w in watts mode before turning it off to attempt the 30 clicks. I was under the impression, ALL of the oled versions had that "feature"

18. Tpat591

Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    Tried it a few times and it never worked but I wouldn't be surprised if I did something stupid like counting wrong. I will try again soon

19. defdock

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    When I got my 30w from fasttech I attempted to put it into 20w mode, seeing as the stock airflow isnt enough for high watts.

It took me 3 tries, as I said, it has to be in watt mode at 20w. I tried leaving it in volt mode and turning it up to its max (4.5v and/or 19.3w) and it would not upgrade.

After that airflow mod to the cl base, this egrip has seriously became my best "all day" device. Airflow is spot on to my liking, and I can't complain about battery life as I manage 2 full tanks(7.2mls) on a fresh charge.

20. Tpat591

Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    You can tell it is a new one with 2 tanks. Even my v2 can't do two anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.