New Joyetech 20watt eGrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
So, is the Nebox going to be an egrip killer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would believe so.
Tempted to get a nebox also, but I don't need it, and I don't like a few of the design elements(removable battery is no-no for me, and the plastic top housing)

But for it to use the subtank rba, it has to be a nice tooter.

Phibes

Oct 30, 2014
I didn't use my eGrip for quite some time (too many attys, so little time :)
I've decided to use it again. After cleaning it I've noticed that the chimney inside (under the drip tip) is yellow (wasn't that yellow when I first bought it). Is it brass?
Here are some pics, I think the brass coating has been worn.

What do you think? Is it ok to use?

UQaeD1p.jpg

AbERavf.jpg

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Ok.. I wonder if this is normal.

My oled version turned on/off via 5 clicks.

My wood 20w turns on with 5, but turns off with 7 clicks.

Not quite understanding why it takes more clicks to turn off
My wood V1 turns on with 5 fast clicks and off with 5 slowwww clicks. Weird!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I didn't use my eGrip for quite some time (too many attys, so little time :)
I've decided to use it again. After cleaning it I've noticed that the chimney inside (under the drip tip) is yellow (wasn't that yellow when I first bought it). Is it brass?
Here are some pics, I think the brass coating has been worn.

What do you think? Is it ok to use?

UQaeD1p.jpg

AbERavf.jpg
Mine looked like this. Didn't stop me from using it. I can't say when it got this way cause the eGrip was a barely used device.

Sent from my i6S+ using Tapatalk

Reactions: Phibes

daveyp

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
BUFFALO
Thanks both. I'm really torn between this and the Nebox, but neither seems quite right. I can't believe the Nebox doesn't have airflow control, what a bummer. Otherwise it would be the clear winner. This might be the better bet for mouth to lung, but I'm somewhere inbetween.

i'm with you there, there should be some kind of airflow control. i'm thinking choosing the right drip tip is all that matters, because the airflow is only as great as the narrowest passage. maybe even a simple modification to the included tip. im sold on it though, i need me some 10ml goodness in a stealth setup

Reactions: drysprocket

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Thanks both. I'm really torn between this and the Nebox, but neither seems quite right. I can't believe the Nebox doesn't have airflow control, what a bummer. Otherwise it would be the clear winner. This might be the better bet for mouth to lung, but I'm somewhere inbetween.
I own 5) working v1 egrips, 2) v2 oled (converted to cl & base drilled), & 1) v3 oled cl (base drilled). While I am disappointed in the plastic tank on Nebox, and feel lack of an afc was a major oversight, a temperature controlled all in one with a replaceable 18650 & 10ml juice capacity for less than $50 is a hands down winner in my book.

Airflow can be controlled by taking slow mtl drag, covering intake with pinky finger, applying tape with proper sized hole, or inserting a 2mm id piece of tubing inside the air hole orifice. All easily accomplished.

Got 2 NEBox on preorder now. It is all about a durable reliable mod on the field that can withstand abuse with adequate battery life. Since I became accustomed to subtank and later subohm tanks like Lemo 2 and Crown, adequate airflow has become just as important as safer temperature controlled vaping to me.

Egrip just can't do these things and until Joyetech get their act in gear and comes out with an Egrip VTC using Evic VTC control panel, replaceable 18650, & cl heads that don't need a silicone washer cap on top of the coil that tastes like monkee A*S when it heats up, then NEBox it is!

Last edited:
Reactions: drysprocket

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
i'm with you there, there should be some kind of airflow control. i'm thinking choosing the right drip tip is all that matters, because the airflow is only as great as the narrowest passage. maybe even a simple modification to the included tip. im sold on it though, i need me some 10ml goodness in a stealth setup

Very good point...hmm. That might not be a deal breaker. And ya that 10mil is soooo tempting.

I own 5) working v1 egrips, 2) v2 oled (converted to cl & base drilled), & 1) v3 oled cl (base drilled). While I am disappointed in the plastic tank on Nebox, and feel lack of an afc was a major oversight, a temperature controlled all in one with a replaceable 18650 & 10ml juice capacity for less than $50 is a hands down winner in my book. Airflow can be controlled by taking slow mtl drag, covering intake with pinky finger, applying tape with proper sized hole, or inserting a 2mm id piece of tubing inside the air hole orifice. All easily accomplished.

Got 2 NEBox on preorder now.

Ack, you're both the devil. I'm trying to be talked out of buying yet another mod, hah.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Very good point...hmm. That might not be a deal breaker. And ya that 10mil is soooo tempting.

Ack, you're both the devil. I'm trying to be talked out of buying yet another mod, hah.
The damage is already done, You will buy it just like I did, not because it is pretty, or because you just gotta have it, but because it ticks more of the boxes you need than anything else out there at the moment.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Got an email that Breazy.com Halloween sale on NEBox for $44.99 has been extended until Wednesday. Free shipping on orders over $50 ($3.00 Flat rate otherwise) and sales tax for NJ residents applies. I of course live in Jersey so I got hit with tax.

Last edited:

daveyp

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
BUFFALO
Got an email that Breazy.com Halloween sale on NEBox for $44.99 has been extended until Wednesday. Free shipping on orders over $50 ($3.00 Flat rate otherwise) and sales tax for NJ residents applies. I of course live in Jersey so I got hit with tax.
charge tax in NY too. but $5.75 overnight shipping, and being only $2 than fasttech including taxes/shipping sold me. thanks bud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread