New Joyetech 20watt eGrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Hehe. I find it real funny, I used to vape an orchid with kayfun 4 chimney for the longest before I got my egrip and I had ordered a kayfun monster base before the egrip as I like single coil. The egrip arrived before the kayfun base, and even after playing with it for the last 24 hours, I'm still glued to my egrip.

The v1 wood sold me solid. Minimalistic as it can get, looks awesome, and vapes beyond better than I anticipated now with the cl base drilled open.

If that kanger thingy ever becomes a real item, I may send them a nice email hoping they stock it in wood ;)

10mls and more battery is nice.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I guess it's called the "nebox"

This image is the only "information" circulating around the web.
8QJnT2m.jpg

Reactions: Teach

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I really don't think so.

The "fit and finish" on genuine Joyetech products has, to me, always been impressive.
Fit finish and quality of the entire experience hopefully will win out when all is said and done but Joyetech needs to realize that Kangertech has a very loyal following and a reputation in the industry as well. This is not some fly-by-night clone manufacturer treading on their turf but a major player in the industry capitalizing on an opportunity by recognizing that Joyetech has grown complacent and not kept up with the times in the Egrip market sector that they created. I have been telling Joyetech for at least 8 months they needed to redesign the coils, increase airflow, capacity, and introduce Temperature control and redesign the egrip to include both.

The Evic VTC Mini and introduction of the CL/CLR coils are very positive steps forward toward that goal and the Kanger Nebox is the incentive they need to get out of their complacency and implement a much needed update to the egrip design.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I'm in need of help.

I can't find an English version of a "break down" video for this egrip.

I'm in the mood to finaly drill out the chimney but I have to take the mod apart first.
there is no English version of that video. You might try translating the cc subtitles but it is auto translated by google so don't expect it to be right on with the translation.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Guess I might just test my luck. Going to attempt to drill the airflow out in the morning. Disassembaly looks to be a pain, as I cannot just remove the top cap... I have to remove the battery and board to gain access to a single screw that holds the top plate on.

Will update in the morning, unsure if Il have a video or not for it.

Edit to add: to make it clear, I am not disassembling the egrip. Just taking a drill to it and hoping for the best.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

This is the one with the subtitles I ever found. Only one I ever found that was worth anything. No need to disassemble. So long as Drip tip is removed & atty is out most filing from drilling would fall right out bottom of tank.

I have seen where some of these chimney tubes are slightly bent in order to center over the atty. If yours is, I'd be real careful not to drill out the side of the tube.

Reactions: defdock

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest

This is the one with the subtitles I ever found. Only one I ever found that was worth anything. No need to disassemble. So long as Drip tip is removed & atty is out most filing from drilling would fall right out bottom of tank.

I have seen where some of these chimney tubes are slightly bent in order to center over the atty. If yours is, I'd be real careful not to drill out the side of the tube.

That's the video I had to sit and watch all the way to make sure I'm not missing any info... like the stupid single screw that hold the top cap down.

As far as bent, I figured the chimneys were pressfit so they could centre them to the coils/tanks. I feel if I drill from the top, it may push the chimney out of its pressed housing.

Still unsure, but I AM drilling this sucker out today, as soon as this tank is empty

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I think must of the restriction is right at the top of it but was never brave enough to drill it.

It is, I was supposed to upload that "diagram" to ft. But the chimney funnels inwards up to the mouth peice. The "ledge" I thought was in the chimney was just a drill groove left from unfinished "hurried" drilling from the manufacture.

It funnels from 3mm where the coil is, up to 2.4mm(I think) where the mouthpeice is.

Tanks almost empty, so we'll see how it goes soon :/

Last edited:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Alright...

With current modifications: hole in center of CL base (like rda), and chimney drilled to 7/64" - airflow restriction is in the base now.

Drilling the chimney, did not seam to produce much of a result. Playing with the airflow, I covered the air holes during mid toot. It seams That the "new" restriction is all in the base/stock airflow hole.

Going to attempt to drill the cl base more open now. Lol. Using the same 7/64" bit so the chimney is in direct line/size with the base hole. Hoping this will bring the egrip into the more respectable airflow zone it requires for these new CL coils.

Another update soon, within the hour

Side note: it was alot easier to drill the chimney vs a hole in the cl base. The drill went thru the chimney like butter, as the cl base I had to add pressure....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread