Status
Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've thrown USB keyboards into the top rack of the dishwasher before wo protection and 510 connections can be sealed. I'm not too surprised if an all in one device that integrates a tank has the electronics and battery sealed and resistant to moisture. I'd think they'd have too. I'd be more concerned about drying it completely before charging. Or rinsing it out while it's plugged in (and you know someone will do that eventually). :facepalm:

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Charge port dust plugs.
images

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I'm now going into week two of eGrip ownership.. I am still very happy with the device. :) It's also going into week two of the coil head.. It needed cleaning, and I haven't had much luck with any soaking methods going back to my 510 atty & carto cleaning attempt days.. :blink:

Can't dry-burn in the traditional way, so I allowed the tank to run dry, turned the power down to 8 watts, and proceeded to draw on the eGrip.. Allow to cool.. Draw (no inhaling of course).. Allow to cool.. As soon as there was no more vapor produced, I gave it a couple more dry-draws for good measure, and called it good. ;) Seemed to work well so far. :) If I can get another week out of this one, I'll be pleased.

Billy Baroo

Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
DC
I got mine yesterday. Worked great all night. Woke up this AM and it is dead. Won't charge, won't turn on.

Spoke with customer service and they sent me a RA call tag.

Was told that the unit 'probably' got wet inside. **FYI** be careful filling or cleaning your egrip

180 day warranty and the customer service person was nice on the plus side

Let's see how long this whole process will take.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
I got mine yesterday. Worked great all night. Woke up this AM and it is dead. Won't charge, won't turn on.

Spoke with customer service and they sent me a RA call tag.

Was told that the unit 'probably' got wet inside. **FYI** be careful filling or cleaning your egrip

180 day warranty and the customer service person was nice on the plus side

Let's see how long this whole process will take.

That is a bummer. Any ideas on how / when it might have gotten wet inside? Did you rinse out the tank at all since you owned it?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I got my egrip yesterday and have multiple issues but may be they are don't-know-how issues and you guys can help, i'm new to vaping.

1. I can't turn it on and off. 5 quick presses does not give 5 light blinks and does not disable the button. The buttojn stays armed and on.
2 I get the blinking light when charging but when that stops there is no steady light as the documentation says there should be. (I wonder if there is a firmware issue with these first two.)
3. I noticed from the start that I was getting a taste of liquid in the drip tube and a lot more gurgle than I heard on my other two devices. Today it leaked liquid copiously through the air inlet and drip tube. I opened the bottom and tightened the coil housing down in the cap but wonder if the problem is between the coil housing and the drip tube above which appears to be a press fit, not threaded. I tightened the bottom cap as tight as I dared.

Does anyone have ideas about trouble shooting these issues?

Billy Baroo

Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
DC
That is a bummer. Any ideas on how / when it might have gotten wet inside? Did you rinse out the tank at all since you owned it?

I rinsed out the tank when I first received it. I filled it once. Worked great for about 6 hours, went to sleep and the gremlins in my house got a hold of it.

It is on the way back to Joyetech. Will update when it I get my unit back.

alongo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Protem, Missouri
Problems. Wire not fire. Buton lite blinks when pressed, which means its not making contact or is shorted. Tried the other coil , same thing. When i try to charge it the button lite blinks then goes outafter its on for awhile. It is suppose to stay on steady when it is fully charged. Don't they test these before they put them in the box. Will try other coil from the 5 pack, but I have a bad feeling. Will let u know up happens.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Problems. Wire not fire. Buton lite blinks when pressed, which means its not making contact or is shorted. Tried the other coil , same thing. When i try to charge it the button lite blinks then goes outafter its on for awhile. It is suppose to stay on steady when it is fully charged. Don't they test these before they put them in the box. Will try other coil from the 5 pack, but I have a bad feeling. Will let u know up happens.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Mine blinks while charging, then goes off when the charge is completed.. Also, to turn the device off, the power button must be activated with the VW indicator on.. Then 5 clicks to off..

EDIT: I find 5 not-so-fast button presses to work better than 5 fast button presses when turning the eGrip on / off..

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Mine blinks while charging, then goes off when the charge is completed.. Also, to turn the device off, the power button must be activated with the VW indicator on.. Then 5 clicks to off..
you are right, After a few tries following your guidance I got the unit to turn off and back on again. Now how do I solve the leaking problem. Get that one fixed and I'm good to go.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
You may have a bad coil head.. It happens. ;) Have you tried another?
I'm at work, I'll try that when I get home. I keep a spare coil for my nautilus mini at work. Forgot to bring one for the egrip. I hope that fixes the leaking. I like this device, all day tank, easy to carry, easy to charge. Should be a winner. (egrip charges only when button switch is armed.)

My biggest hurdle right now is the liquids. All the one's I've tried make me a bit queasy. I hope it's like sea sickness and I'll just get over it. I really really want to say good bye to the last few daily cigs I'm still smoking. Then I want to help 10 more people quit. The best way to get even with the government is take away their addiction--our money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread