Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Is it lifespan of the coils you're hoping is improved, or vapor production, or something else? Can anyone confirm if these are the same coils as in the Joyetech Delta tanks?

The flavor primarily.. The Aspire BVC has better flavor IMO. Not by much, but enough that I would like to see an improvement in the eGrip's. Especially, if there continues to be only one head offered for the device. If I had to pick it out, I would say there is a bit too much "filler" kind of taste.. It's all subjective though. ;) :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
The flavor primarily.. The Aspire BVC has better flavor IMO. Not by much, but enough that I would like to see an improvement in the eGrip's. Especially, if there continues to be only one head offered for the device. If I had to pick it out, I would say there is a bit too much "filler" kind of taste.. It's all subjective though. ;) :)

I just told someone else exactly the same thing. I do like the BVCs better for flavor.

Billy Baroo

Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
DC
I received this and the ileaf today.

First thoughts -

They are both tiny. I mean small

Egrip in chrome reminds me of a beefed up zippo. The wattage wheel is kinda hokie. Hard to see. You kinda of have to use the force to know what wattage you are on.

ileaf reminds me of a beefy bic lighter.

That is how small both of these form factors are. I knew they were both small but they are tiny!

Egrip is heavier. It is actually surprisingly heavy for the size.

Too soon to know about battery life.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
The wattage wheel is kinda hokie. Hard to see. You kinda of have to use the force to know what wattage you are on.

I was going to mention this fact but, did not want to seem too negative since I still do like it alot. They could have at least made the numbers red so that we could actually see them.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I actually thought that the wheel is a plus, since I typically set my mods to my preferred wattage and then forget about it. If the wheel isn't prone to accidental turns, it would be a plus in my view. I will soon see when mine arrives.

You will be fine. the wheel clicks into place once you get it where you want it. I have not had it turn accidently as of yet.

In other words, it clicks into place when you dial to each number. That is a nice feature.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
TW has them for 25% off right now. You could get even more off if you watch the yo yo
http://totallywicked-eliquid.com/pr...ems/delta-tank-series/delta-tank-product.html

Salemgold,

Thanks for the link and the heads up. I wish I weren't so indecisive. That's a good price, but I was leaning toward one of the two smaller tanks.

I've never seen a YoYo pricing thingy before......kinda neat. I'm trying to exercise some self restraint with vape equipment too. Unfortunately, it's been tough. With smoking, there's no thinking or shopping implusiveness involved. With vaping... I keep thinking there's a better setup than what I have. (Which of course I am sure is true...but I gotta stop at some point or I'll be spending more than when I smoked!)

I better hold off a bit longer. Financially, now's not a good time. I should be getting rid of a second mortgage soon. Then I can buy with reckless abandon & without guilt and self-loathing. :unsure:

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota

See....glad I asked. I would have jumped to the erroneous conclusion you meant coil life or vapor production. Flavor is equally important, IMHO.

matcas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Los Angeles Calif.
The only thing it has over the eGrip is price, more battery capacity, and a display.. From what I gather, Joyetech either owns, or supplies parts to Eleaf. I like the form factor of the iStick.. I don't like the looks of most toppers on them though.. ;)

One thing I have noticed... Since I have been using the eGrip, my juice consumption has dropped.. I easily go though say, 12mls a day in my REO topped with the Reactor RDA.. I've been going through only 7 with the eGrip. :) I like this little mod so much, that I'm going to grab another in the wood design when it's available. :D
How is it to clean the tank seems like it might be problematic.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

Not too bad. I do worry about getting water in the charge port but, so far, so good.

Wow that little beast is heavy. Does look well built. Makes a nice weapon if needed !

It is heavy IF you compare to the iStick which is very light but really not bad at all.
The extra width actually makes it feel a bit better in the hand IMO

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
So if you compare the minimum 8W of the eGrip to the minimum setting on the iStick, would you say they are equivalent? In other words, is the eGrip overpowered or comparable to the iStick?

Noooooo......it seems like a true 8W no extra heat at all compared to my iSticks.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
For all you experts, why the internal (non-changeable) battery on lots of these new products? To keep the size / form-factor of them down?
I'm old-school. Not sure I can live with any mod that doesn't allow replaceable batteries.

I am no expert but, yes to keep the size small IMO I used to think the same as you until I got a MVP2. They just keep going and going. If the mod is priced right, I do not mind the lipo batteries anymore.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA

The one time I rinsed it so far, I stuck a piece of duct tape over the charge port, and was careful.. Not much of a hassle..

Wow that little beast is heavy. Does look well built. Makes a nice weapon if needed !

Remember, the iStick does require a topper.. More length, and weight. ;)

So if you compare the minimum 8W of the eGrip to the minimum setting on the iStick, would you say they are equivalent? In other words, is the eGrip overpowered or comparable to the iStick?

I can't speak for the iStick, but going by other known accurate mods I have, the eGrip feels pretty close at it's 8 watt lowest setting in comparison. I watched PBusardo's review showing how inaccurate the iStick is with it's PWM hard set to Mean, and being overpowered compared to the set wattage because of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W1G7p_fCJw

The Vapin' Greek kind of gave me the impression in his review, that since Joyetech owns (or supplies parts to) Eleaf, the same electronics are used in both devices.. As I said, from what I can compare with known accurate devices, the eGrip feels to be producing a similar vape at the same power settings.. Until someone figures a way to scope the eGrip, it's really unknown for certain. I can just go by feel. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread