New Juice Making Me Wheezy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHero

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
New York
So I'm not new to vaping by any means, but I'm just starting to explore a bit. I've pretty much stuck with V4L since I started and just used the pen shaped battery's and cartomizers. I've recently got a ego 510 battery with a "smartomizer" from Vapor King. I also bought a bottle of "Uncle Jacks" Honey Doo 18mg from Vapor King. So when It arrived today I started vaping it, and right away it was extremely rough on my throat, make me cough, and then make me extremely wheezy. I haven't vaped it in around a half hour and I'm still really wheezy. Which I'm not really understanding, because I've always vaped 18mg with no issues what so ever. But I did just read online that Uncle Junks juice is 70%VG 30%PG. I've never really paid attention to VG and PG because I've never had this issue with any juice before, but I'm not even sure that is the reason. Any input here would be appreciated. :blush:

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I had a problem with 1 juice from my favorite vendor...loved the taste but everytime I vaped it I sneezed and sneezed my head off....I can to the conclusion that I must have had a sensitivity to the flavoring used .....I have also found that personally I can not vape high VG juices....they make my chest heavy and sore....so 50/50 is ok...but 70/30 or 80/20 in better

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Could be PG related or the nic level may be higher than it's suppose to be or it may not have steeped long enough. I had that happen with some DIY juice I made. Couldn't wait. Got a hot shot of nicotine. You may also be allergic to some component in it. Other possibility is there may be something in it for TH Throat hit.

E Money

Aug 30, 2013
Boise, ID
I started on a KGO with the standard stardust and vivi's. I noticed that the 50/50 juice and higher nic% made me wheeze. I don't get it as much when I use higher VG ratios. I do chain vape but the tightness in the lungs and if any wheezing usually subsides in a few minutes.

I hardly notice it now. It's probably just a reaction to PG. Although, I have used some gourmet 70PG juices and didn't really have much of a problem. Could also be flavorings as well.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
what kind of flavors do you like? tobaccos, fruits, bakery, candies, coffees, teas....If we have an idea it is easier to make suggestions

I like Alice in Vapeland for bakery and teas (on the mild side but complex)
Nicoticket for custards and mixed fruits
Nude Nicotine for coffees
and Halo for choclates

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
GeorgeWeezy.jpg

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Thanks for all the responses everyone! Can anyone recommend me to a high quality brand of juices? The more opinions the better. I've only dealt with V4L and Vapor King juices. I imagine there's a lot better options out there.

If you might be dealing with allergies, you might want to pick up small bottles of VG and PG to try unflavored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread