New Member asking for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleD

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2015
Shanghai, China
So, I couldn't post to some threads as I am a new member, I was trying to reply to a certain post to get a reply but I am not allowed. Oops, i am not complaining though, I hope users here can help me out.

I have here 250ML Glycerin so I bought 250ML PG base with 36mg nic, so I can make use of my glycerin and I want to level up (in a safe way) my vaping journey. I am starting to DIY and bougt also several flavors. My question is when I just dump my 250ML VG to my 250ML VG with 36ml, the nicotine that i'll get is 18mg right? If my calculations are right, can anyone back me up or send me info :)

Anyway, I bought my VG from Mfs before and my PG base nicotine from Hiliq a week ago and just received two days ago!
Thanks for helping!

:D

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
So, I couldn't post to some threads as I am a new member, I was trying to reply to a certain post to get a reply but I am not allowed. Oops, i am not complaining though, I hope users here can help me out.

I have here 250ML Glycerin so I bought 250ML PG base with 36mg nic, so I can make use of my glycerin and I want to level up (in a safe way) my vaping journey. I am starting to DIY and bougt also several flavors. My question is when I just dump my 250ML VG to my 250ML VG with 36ml, the nicotine that i'll get is 18mg right? If my calculations are right, can anyone back me up or send me info :)

Anyway, I bought my VG from Mfs before and my PG base nicotine from Hiliq a week ago and just received two days ago!
Thanks for helping!

:D

Welcome to ECF. After 5 posts you can post in most other Forums.

To answer your question, yes. If you mix your 250ml vg with your 250ml pg 36mg nic base your end result will be 500ml of 18mg nic base at 50pg/50vg. Now 36mg is a pretty high nic level so you should use a juice calculator like Ejuicmeup to help you get the right nic, flavors and extra pg, vg you will need to mix to make up your custom juice. Here is a link to our DiY Forum so you can do some reading and ask questions once you have enough posts.

What gear are you using and at what level nic are you vaping now. Talking about that will get you to your needed post count so you can participate in the other Forums.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum TripleD. Glad to have you here!:)

For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum.

You will not be able to post there until you get in your first 5 posts and the servers update at :25 past the hour. Make sure to read all the "stickies". Also check out this thread by ECF member dannyv45: Recommended Reading For People New to DYI

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.

1. Flavor Arts (FA) - Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) - The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread
3. Inawera (IW) - Inawera - a few reviews
4. Capella (CAP) - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/637270-diy-capellas-recipe-thread-v2-0-a.html
5. Hangsen (HS) - The Hangsen Thread
6. VapingZone (VZ) - New Super Concentrated Flavors & New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2
7. Flavor West (FW) - Flavor West DIY flavor review

DIY Recipe Sites

* ECF E-Liquid Recipes <= Feel free to post your recipes here for all members to enjoy
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid Recipes UK
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes

TripleD

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2015
Shanghai, China
Welcome to ECF. After 5 posts you can post in most other Forums.

To answer your question, yes. If you mix your 250ml vg with your 250ml pg 36mg nic base your end result will be 500ml of 18mg nic base at 50pg/50vg. Now 36mg is a pretty high nic level so you should use a juice calculator like Ejuicmeup to help you get the right nic, flavors and extra pg, vg you will need to mix to make up your custom juice. Here is a link to our DiY Forum so you can do some reading and ask questions once you have enough posts.

What gear are you using and at what level nic are you vaping now. Talking about that will get you to your needed post count so you can participate in the other Forums.

Thanks for your reassuring message and help. I am vaping most of my premixed eliquids with 18 to 24 mg, so it is just perfect if i have 18mg as the end result from the 500ML VG and 500ML PG I will just dump. well, even, i will just dump it in a container, i still have gloves and mask I bought together with the supplies.

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
Just stopping by to let you know, that if you're going to use your 50/50 18mg mix as a base, the nic level will be diluted further once you add flavorings. Furthermore, the flavorings are based in either pg or vg, (for the sake of argument, most are pg based) and when mixed with your base, will change the ratio of pg to vg.

For example. You start off with your 18mg 50/50 base and want to add some flavor. You pick one that is best at 10% strength, do a little calculations and figure for a 30ml bottle that will be 27ml of base and 3ml of flavor. Your new bottle of juice is now 16.2mg/ml 55/45 pg/vg.

TripleD

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2015
Shanghai, China
Just stopping by to let you know, that if you're going to use your 50/50 18mg mix as a base, the nic level will be diluted further once you add flavorings. Furthermore, the flavorings are based in either pg or vg, (for the sake of argument, most are pg based) and when mixed with your base, will change the ratio of pg to vg.

For example. You start off with your 18mg 50/50 base and want to add some flavor. You pick one that is best at 10% strength, do a little calculations and figure for a 30ml bottle that will be 27ml of base and 3ml of flavor. Your new bottle of juice is now 16.2mg/ml 55/45 pg/vg.

This is super detailed and interesting! But the level of hit i could sense can't notice these changes. How about if i use water based flavors or oil based?

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
This is super detailed and interesting! But the level of hit i could sense can't notice these changes. How about if i use water based flavors or oil based?

Oil based is not recommended. I can't help you there, sorry :(
Water based won't throw off your pg/vg ratio but it will throw off your percentages. Instead of being 50/50 pg/vg it will be 45/45/10 pg/vg/h2o

TripleD

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2015
Shanghai, China
Oil based is not recommended. I can't help you there, sorry :(
Water based won't throw off your pg/vg ratio but it will throw off your percentages. Instead of being 50/50 pg/vg it will be 45/45/10 pg/vg/h2o

I see. Gotcha. Very helpful. So I should go more with VG/PG bases! Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread