New member with first mech!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jongu

Jan 20, 2015
Texas
Hello guys/girls,

I started vaping January 2014 to quit smoking, its been an on and off again thing but I'm making progress. Today, I got my first mech from a local B&M after my iStick failed and I thought I would join, maybe contribute after leeching for so long, lol. Here's how my vaping journey begain..

EVOD VV twist twin starter kit - Lost one on a mountain while boarding and gave the other to my roomate
Smoktech Vari VV/VW starter kit - still have it but the button is constantly stuck firing
iStick 20w - just failed today, has the "no atomizer" error. Tried to pry the firing pin up but still won't work.
SMPL SS clone - Got it today!

Kanger Protank 2 mini
iSmoka BCC mega tank
Kanger Aerotank
Tobeco Kayfun Lite v2 plus - using this with my SMPL clone currently

I probably will pick up one of the new 50W-100W box mods and a Kanger subtank in the very near future seeing as how I have a hard on for tanks and VV/VW lol.

jongu

Jan 20, 2015
Texas
Here it is if you're curious about what the combo looks like. Ignore my drinking horn in the background, lol.

Attachments

• GJ3mDJc.jpg
    GJ3mDJc.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 17

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I started rebuilding drippers because it was less to worry about, after getting coiling and wicking for an rda down I moved to kayfun and had it built and wicking properly after my 2nd or 3rd attempt.... Imo kayfuns are more difficult to start with as you must drain your tank to tinker with your build, but filling your tank is the only way to test for proper wicking. You tube videos were a big help! The kayfun v4 looks like you can pull the deck without draining your tank, right? If so, that would be a great beginner rta!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

jongu

Jan 20, 2015
Texas
Hey mate, welcome! It's a decent jump to go from an aerotank to wicking a kayfun right, was there no dripper in between? Or do you just have no interest, and if so can I ask why? I'm not saying you *should* have a dripper, just trying to understand how different people work.

My first rebuild we done on the Kanger Aerotank but I did go straight from that to the Kayfun. I like the convenience of a tank which is why I never bothered with dripping. When I first got the Kayfun, I had to watch a few youtube videos on how to properly build it and it did take a few tries but it wasn't difficult at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread