Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I second cracking the window. Also, almost always, I open the vent on longer drives. If it's hot I put on the air and after a few minutes keep it on but open the cents - same for heat. That helps a lot. I use safelight auto glass cleaner with paper towels which works well and if I run out good 'ole vinegar and water.

Reactions: Diver9543

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    So vaping is evil too? :eek:

Not at all dear Lady :) I was just wondering that, since it builds up on glass, then how does the body get rid of it and does it do anything harmful... Researchers are working on this question and it is a curious one..... So far, it is known to be far safer than smoking tobacco... But it does lead a person to wonder just how bad it could be with long-termed usage... How does the body rid the film that it creates? Does it continue to build up in the lungs or does the body get rid of it rapidly.... If the body does get rid of it rapidly, then how? Once it enters the bloodstream what does it do to other vital organs? These are just thoughts that pop into my cranium from time to time.

• Creative
    Reactions: PatVapes

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    Not at all dear Lady :) I was just wondering that, since it builds up on glass, then how does the body get rid of it and does it do anything harmful... Researchers are working on this question and it is a curious one..... So far, it is known to be far safer than smoking tobacco... But it does lead a person to wonder just how bad it could be with long-termed usage... How does the body rid the film that it creates? Does it continue to build up in the lungs or does the body get rid of it rapidly.... If the body does get rid of it rapidly, then how? Once it enters the bloodstream what does it do to other vital organs? These are just thoughts that pop into my cranium from time to time.

You know, it’s sad how uninformed people are. Not sure whose fault that is.

Today I went out for dinner with my best friend and I took out my new vape. He said that I shouldn’t be doing that because he read vaping is just as bad or worse than smoking.

Just remembered that I showed my new vape to my uncle too and he told me to stop because they give you pneumonia.

I don’t know. :/:danger:

• Agree
    Reactions: AXIOM_1

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    You know, it’s sad how uninformed people are. Not sure whose fault that is.

Today I went out for dinner with my best friend and I took out my new vape. He said that I shouldn’t be doing that because he read vaping is just as bad or worse than smoking.

Just remembered that I showed my new vape to my uncle too and he told me to stop because they give you pneumonia.

I don’t know. :/:danger:

yes sweetie, there are indeed many uninformed individuals out there for sure …. It's truly sad indeed … But that begs another question ----> why on earth do people provide advice/thoughts when they don't even know what they are talking about.... To talk about something when you have zero facts is a sign of utter stupidity for sure...

Not only are they uninformed but they have been propagandized by other people as well as the media to believe things that are not true..... Please understand that I am not saying that vaping is safe... But at this current time in history, we know it is far safer than smoking tobacco....

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    yes sweetie, there are indeed many uninformed individuals out there for sure …. It's truly sad indeed … But that begs another question ----> why on earth do people provide advice/thoughts when they don't even know what they are talking about.... To talk about something when you have zero facts is a sign of utter stupidity for sure...

Not only are they uninformed but they have been propagandized by other people as well as the media to believe things that are not true..... Please understand that I am not saying that vaping is safe... But at this current time in history, we know it is far safer than smoking tobacco....

I don’t know why there aren’t any good studies out there to show whether or not it’s safe to vape. I think that would help us all

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    There are preliminary studies, like the one at Duke University that claims while Vaping is not "Safe", it is 90% safer than smoking tobacco.
    Unfortunately, there are also Big Tobacco Lobbyists that are spreading misinformation around Capitol Hill.
    This is why some people have taken up the good fight of promoting the truth about Vaping.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    There are preliminary studies, like the one at Duke University that claims while Vaping is not "Safe", it is 90% safer than smoking tobacco.
    Unfortunately, there are also Big Tobacco Lobbyists that are spreading misinformation around Capitol Hill.
    This is why some people have taken up the good fight of promoting the truth about Vaping.

That’s another problem. I think that when it comes to anything that we consume, whether it’s food, drugs/meds or even vaping, you never really know who’s actually behind the study.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    • Love
    Reactions: PatVapes

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I was just wondering that, since it builds up on glass, then how does the body get rid of it and does it do anything harmful... Researchers are working on this question and it is a curious one..... So far, it is known to be far safer than smoking tobacco... But it does lead a person to wonder just how bad it could be with long-termed usage... How does the body rid the film that it creates? Does it continue to build up in the lungs or does the body get rid of it rapidly.... If the body does get rid of it rapidly, then how?
    There are hairlike or fingerlike projectiles lining the lungs which removes dust, dirt, allergins, and other foreign materials via mucus. The cilia moves foreign materials via the mucus much like fans at a football game perform "the wave".

The human body is rather ingenious in removing foreign material. If you get a splinter in your skin, it will be recognized as a foreign body and either work its way to the skin surface, or the body will wall it off and the immune system begins to destroy it with white blood cells and antibodies.

The one substance the lungs has trouble removing is the tars that accumulate from smoking. Hence the pics you've seen of "black lung".

I studied physiology and medical sciences; I'm a retired physician assistant.

upload_2018-12-13_10-16-56.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-13_10-17-43.png

I don’t know why there aren’t any good studies out there to show whether or not it’s safe to vape. I think that would help us all
    There are some available, but science demands "long term" studies (10 years) for validation. Vaping is a relatively new phenomenon.

CASAA Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association should have some of the better studies on their website. Great Britain has the best studies so far.

The earliest studies (circa 2009) were sponsored by Big Tobacco and Big Pharma, so the results were skewed for their personal/financial agenda. Those have since been debunked as junk science, but the propaganda they generated remains on social media and the news.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread