Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
That’s another problem. I think that when it comes to anything that we consume, whether it’s food, drugs/meds or even vaping, you never really know who’s actually behind the study.
Not a study, but some organizations that have reviewed the studies, and snippets of their conclusions.
upload_2018-12-13_13-41-40.png

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    There are hairlike or fingerlike projectiles lining the lungs which removes dust, dirt, allergins, and other foreign materials via mucus. The cilia moves foreign materials via the mucus much like fans at a football game perform "the wave".

The human body is rather ingenious in removing foreign material. If you get a splinter in your skin, it will be recognized as a foreign body and either work its way to the skin surface, or the body will wall it off and the immune system begins to destroy it with white blood cells and antibodies.

The one substance the lungs has trouble removing is the tars that accumulate from smoking. Hence the pics you've seen of "black lung".

I studied physiology and medical sciences; I'm a retired physician assistant.

View attachment 785777 View attachment 785779

There are some available, but science demands "long term" studies (10 years) for validation. vaping is a relatively new phenomenon.

CASAA Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association should have some of the better studies on their website. Great Britain has the best studies so far.

The earliest studies (circa 2009) were sponsored by Big tobacco and Big Pharma, so the results were skewed for their personal/financial agenda. Those have since been debunked as junk science, but the propaganda they generated remains on social media and the news.

I had forgotten their name, but yes, I knew about the hair-like follicles in the lungs. I was just wondering if vaping renders them useless or paralyses them in some way. Or maybe the film builds up too fast for the lungs to rid itself of it..... I imagine they have already studied that particular aspect in some detail already... 10 years is a fairly long chunk of time... I am curious about 20 or 30 years... But I suppose we won't know until the elapsed time has passed.

• Agree
    Reactions: Baditude

kristin

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    casaa.org
    I had forgotten their name, but yes, I knew about the hair-like follicles in the lungs. I was just wondering if vaping renders them useless or paralyses them in some way. Or maybe the film builds up too fast for the lungs to rid itself of it..... I imagine they have already studied that particular aspect in some detail already... 10 years is a fairly long chunk of time... I am curious about 20 or 30 years... But I suppose we won't know until the elapsed time has passed.

Even smoke "tar" doesn't build up the way they imply. If tar and e-liquid did build up in the lungs, smokers and vapers would essentially "drown" within a matter of weeks. The fact that any vapers are still alive after a few months is clear evidence that vapor isn't building up in the lungs or inhibiting the lungs from self-cleaning.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    You know, it’s sad how uninformed people are. Not sure whose fault that is.

Today I went out for dinner with my best friend and I took out my new vape. He said that I shouldn’t be doing that because he read vaping is just as bad or worse than smoking.

Just remembered that I showed my new vape to my uncle too and he told me to stop because they give you pneumonia.

I don’t know. :/:danger:
    Weird, since I used to get pneumonia (and bronchitis) when I was smoking and haven't since I started vaping nine years ago. I haven't gotten so much as a chest cold since then. I have heard similar tales from other vapers. So much misinformation out there about a potentially life-saving technology. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread