The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Method trying

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    I just tried this for the first time:

Test subjects:
    DSE 901 atty - very cold, not working at all
    Janty Kissbox atty - foul tasting, reduced vapor production
    801 atty - reduced vapor production

Method: microwaved small amt of Hydrogen peroxide for 30 seconds, dropped attys in, battery side down, made sure tube was filled w/liquid.

Agitated for 30 seconds, left sit for 5 minutes.

Repeated cleaning process with straight white vinegar.

Rinsed with hot distilled water, blew in battery end of atty to clear of all fluids.

Will let dry overnight, and try repriming and testing tomorrow afternoon.

Will report results then. Wish me luck!

2. kinabaloo

kinabaloo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I long hoped someone would try these 2 together in that order. I can hardly wait to hear how it went ...

3. revdrlon

revdrlon Full Member

Apr 6, 2009
    ky
    i eagerly await the results

4. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    And the results are in!

Primed atomizers after 1 day air drying - used 2 drops eliquid in each atomizer, let sit 5 minutes.

Control subject: Janty Kissbox atty, used 1 day, cart used, freshly filled.

Test subject 1-Janty Kissbox atty - bad taste is reduced, but still there. Vapor production matches control subject using same cart as control.

Test subject 2- Generic 801 - vapor production is lesser than control, but I think this one always had some lesser vapor production. No bad taste... I would call this one a successful cleaning.

Test subject 3-cold 901 - DOA. No heat, no vapor.

In each subject, the 2 initial drops of primer were not enough. I added 2 drops at a time, then used the manual switch to heat the atomizer, then tested for vapor. The 801 took an additional 2 drops, the Janty took 4.

I would call this test a step in the right direction. I will try re-cleaning the Janty - allowing more time to soak in solutions before rinsing and allowing to dry.

But, all in all, I would say that as long as there is still -some- life left in your atty's, this cleaning method is viable...

Comments? Suggestions??

5. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    Vicks -- thanks for stepping up to the plate!!! Could you take it one step further and take apart the 901 and look at the coil to see the residue build up and take a photo of it? That would be very helpful. Also, did you see anything come out of the rinses? Thanks again for your contribution--Sun

6. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Did not see any residue - black gunk - flakes or anything come out in the rinse.

And, if someone will give me some ideas on how - I would be happy to rip apart the dead atty... but I'm kinda technologically impaired:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.