Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I just tried this for the first time:

Test subjects:
DSE 901 atty - very cold, not working at all
Janty Kissbox atty - foul tasting, reduced vapor production
801 atty - reduced vapor production

Method: microwaved small amt of Hydrogen peroxide for 30 seconds, dropped attys in, battery side down, made sure tube was filled w/liquid.

Agitated for 30 seconds, left sit for 5 minutes.

Repeated cleaning process with straight white vinegar.

Rinsed with hot distilled water, blew in battery end of atty to clear of all fluids.

Will let dry overnight, and try repriming and testing tomorrow afternoon.

Will report results then. Wish me luck!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
And the results are in!

Primed atomizers after 1 day air drying - used 2 drops eliquid in each atomizer, let sit 5 minutes.

Control subject: Janty Kissbox atty, used 1 day, cart used, freshly filled.

Test subject 1-Janty Kissbox atty - bad taste is reduced, but still there. Vapor production matches control subject using same cart as control.

Test subject 2- Generic 801 - vapor production is lesser than control, but I think this one always had some lesser vapor production. No bad taste... I would call this one a successful cleaning.

Test subject 3-cold 901 - DOA. No heat, no vapor.

In each subject, the 2 initial drops of primer were not enough. I added 2 drops at a time, then used the manual switch to heat the atomizer, then tested for vapor. The 801 took an additional 2 drops, the Janty took 4.

I would call this test a step in the right direction. I will try re-cleaning the Janty - allowing more time to soak in solutions before rinsing and allowing to dry.

But, all in all, I would say that as long as there is still -some- life left in your atty's, this cleaning method is viable...

Comments? Suggestions??

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
And the results are in!

Primed atomizers after 1 day air drying - used 2 drops eliquid in each atomizer, let sit 5 minutes.

Control subject: Janty Kissbox atty, used 1 day, cart used, freshly filled.

Test subject 1-Janty Kissbox atty - bad taste is reduced, but still there. Vapor production matches control subject using same cart as control.

Test subject 2- Generic 801 - vapor production is lesser than control, but I think this one always had some lesser vapor production. No bad taste... I would call this one a successful cleaning.

Test subject 3-cold 901 - DOA. No heat, no vapor.

In each subject, the 2 initial drops of primer were not enough. I added 2 drops at a time, then used the manual switch to heat the atomizer, then tested for vapor. The 801 took an additional 2 drops, the Janty took 4.

I would call this test a step in the right direction. I will try re-cleaning the Janty - allowing more time to soak in solutions before rinsing and allowing to dry.

But, all in all, I would say that as long as there is still -some- life left in your atty's, this cleaning method is viable...

Comments? Suggestions??

Vicks -- thanks for stepping up to the plate!!! Could you take it one step further and take apart the 901 and look at the coil to see the residue build up and take a photo of it? That would be very helpful. Also, did you see anything come out of the rinses? Thanks again for your contribution--Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread