Status
Not open for further replies.

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
Borax at Wikipedia
20 Mule Team many uses of Borax .pdf

This is something I have been working on. It seems to work really well. OK, you all know now about soaking your atomizers overnight or for a few hours in Coke or Pepsi? The issue that I think some people were having with this method is that the Coke may leave sugar or other stuff inside the atomizer, or it may not loosen up the stuff cooked inside the atomizers so it falls out.

I did the coke method with 20 mule team Borax (Sodium Tetraboarte Decahydrate) This is how:

1.[FONT="] [/FONT]Pop atomizers in 1 can of coke. Leave overnight.
2.[FONT="] [/FONT]Remove, rinse, then soak in mixture of hot water and ¼ cup of Borax in a sealed quart container.
3.[FONT="] [/FONT]Agitate, agitate, agitate – let soak for a while – agitate, agitate, rinse.
Worked really well. Restored serious throat hit to some marginal atomizers I have.

Why Borax? It’s a weak acid, much like vinegar and lemon juice. It has a mineral base. It’s also one of these things that everyone has a use for. If you sprinkle it and rub it into carpets it kills fleas and their eggs. It can take hard water crud off the inside of your toilet. It cleans coffee makers. It’s designed to boost the efficiency of your laundry soap.

And apparently it’s also used to [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Boiron-Homeopathic-Medicine-Pellets-80-Count/dp/B001G7QZZ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1238362959&sr=8-1"]cure canker sores[/URL], although I have not tried that.

The odor removing, grease/oil/sugar dissolving part of it appealed to me because whatever the coke leaves, it seems to eat. And yes, as I was agitating the atomizers, crud did come out – black particles, cakey icky stuff too. After I rinsed them for the last time and blew them out, the atomizers felt squeaky clean and shined like new, inside and out.

I am using a pilot atomizer now that was weak and kinda black on the metal element part. It’s not just warm, it gives nice, warm vapor and impressive throat hit. I like Kick e liquid. Now it likes me. I’m going to do this from now on. Works fine.

Borax is cheap and easily found at any grocery store. It's like $4 for a massive amount of the stuff, and you can use it for other things. Give it a try, see what you think.

//the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread