New mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Lots of people know this mod. It's well liked and I think you will like it. It's also well built with excellent quality. I don't own one, but that is not for lack of desire to own one.

I hope you like it.

Anna
I thought the Hex Ohm hit hard. With my 9 wrap fused clapton I have it took a little time to fire. With this I have it set on 80 watt boost mode and it fires instantaneously. Any higher and it gives a burnt taste. It goes to 220 watts. 400 watts in watt boost. Its the most powerful thing Ive ever used. Its like using a mech.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That mod has an excellent reputation. IMHO, the Evolv DNA-C 250W chipset is the state-of-the-art chip available today. I only have the Evolv DNA75W in my Jac Vapour and I love it. I think you are going to love your new regulated mod much more than the HexOhm3.

Not sure what to make of your comment, "Its like using a mech." Common dude, its BETTER than a mech. You have much more ability to make adjustments to your vape than the HexOhm3 had. And it has much more safety circuitry than your HexOhm3 had.

Last edited:

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
That mod has an excellent reputation. IMHO, the Evolv DNA-C 250W chipset is the state-of-the-art chip available today. I only have the Evolv DNA75W in my Jac Vapour and I love it. I think you are going to love your new regulated mod much more than the HexOhm3.

Not sure what to make of your comment, "Its like using a mech." Common dude, its BETTER than a mech.

I only have it set on 80watt boost mode and it instantly fires the coils the Hex Ohm took time to heat up. I cant run it past 8 watts and I used to alwaus vape at 100. This thing fires as soon as u hit the button. No waiting at all.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Probably be a good idea not to set boost over 5 to start with / until you understand how to use it & what various features do.

Go here & learn all about your new device, then click on data sheet read it, then download and learn escribe.
---> EVOLV - Home

Take your time, learn how to use it, if you think it is great now wait until figure out how to use it efficiently.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What batteries are in there? 80W on a regulated dual regulated mod is a very sustainable vape.

The DNA boards have excellent on board charging, 2A on the newer boards. Still always best practice to charge externally, but it's a nice option to have. It's the only board I would ever trust for balanced charging.

However, only try that with a genuine brand battery like the Samsung 20S (?) you have coming in. I'd never charge a rewrap in a mod like that. Well, I'd never charge a rewrap anyway.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
What batteries are in there? 80W on a regulated dual regulated mod is a very sustainable vape.

The DNA boards have excellent on board charging, 2A on the newer boards. Still always best practice to charge externally, but it's a nice option to have. It's the only board I would ever trust for balanced charging.

However, only try that with a genuine brand battery like the Samsung 20S (?) you have coming in. I'd never charge a rewrap in a mod like that. Well, I'd never charge a rewrap anyway.
Right now Im still using my crap batterise. The Samsungs shud be here Monday. I have it set on 80watts boost mode. Any higher it tastes burnt. With. .4 ohm build shud I get good battery life out of 80 watts boost?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Right now Im still using my crap batterise. The Samsungs shud be here Monday. I have it set on 80watts boost mode. Any higher it tastes burnt. With. .4 ohm build shud I get good battery life out of 80 watts boost?

In a regulated mod the resistance is irrelevant (other than remaining within the spec of the board) it's your wattage selection that will determine battery life. You'll have good battery life as long as the batteries have a decent, legitimate mAh rating.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
In a regulated mod the resistance is irrelevant (other than remaining within the spec of the board) it's your wattage selection that will determine battery life. You'll have good battery life as long as the batteries have a decent, legitimate mAh rating.
think the 30 amp samsungs only have a 22000mah.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If I recall, those were the 40 amp Imren batteries that Mooch tested as 20 amp batteries. Using two, they should be good for about 120 watts total output, assuming they are still in decent condition.

With your new Samsung 30 amp 2000mAh batteries you should get much better battery life. Two of those will be good for up to 180 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread