New mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
So I wasted my money. Will 2000mah still give me decent battery life?

No you did not waste money buying authentic quality cells, not at all.

I can't say for sure how long they'll last between recharge cycles, too many unknown factors to give an accurate answer.
As many as you bought sounds like you'll have plenty sets all charged up waiting in a protective case to be exchanged when necessary.

Just me, the only money you wasted was on the low quality rewrap cells & the hexohm v3.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So I wasted my money. Will 2000mah still give me decent battery life?
I wouldn't say you wasted your money. Those Samsungs are still a GREAT battery and WILL give you DECENT battery life because you won't be using them anywhere near their discharge limit.

If you are still having second thoughts, contact the vendor that you purchased the Samsungs from and see if he will accept an exchange for a lower amp battery with more capacity. Reputable suppliers want to keep you happy and be a returning customer, and many of them will be willing to do an exchange. You will probably need to pay shipping costs which I feel is appropriate.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Jeez Bad, worse than me mentioning TC.

If his wife is going to continue to use the hexohmv3
those cells will provide some important safety cushion.

At 80w on a DNA 250 I imagine between recharge cycle battery life will be at least better than the battery life of the rewraps he's using now.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
I wouldn't say you wasted your money. Those Samsungs are still a GREAT battery and WILL give you DECENT battery life because you won't be using them anywhere near their discharge limit.

If you are still having second thoughts, contact the vendor that you purchased the Samsungs from and see if he will accept an exchange for a lower amp battery with more capacity. Reputable suppliers want to keep you happy and be a returning customer, and many of them will be willing to do an exchange. You will probably need to pay shipping costs which I feel is appropriate.
So if the device doesnt pull the full 30 amps the battery will last longer?

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Glad to hear that you found a "more powerful" device that you enjoy. Though, try not to get hung up on how powerful something is, and just find your comfort level.

I tried high power stuff when I started, and ended up running single cell mods around 45w and enjoy it way more than any high power set up I ever used. But that is my sweet spot. Now that you are running regulated, you can freely experiment with coils and wattages and find yours.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If it makes you feel any better, I have found my DNA mod is much more battery efficient than my non-DNA mods.

I get a nearly a full day use with one battery in my JAC Vapour DNA75W.

In comparison, I got only a day's use with the same batteries in a dual battery Segelei Fuscia 213 and a 3 battery Wismec RX200.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Then at 30 amps and 2000mah I shud be just as good as 20 amp 3000mah?

No possible way to predict that, too many unknown factors.
Just be happy you have a safe high quality power device and high quality batteries on the way.

Use your time to learn how to use your new power device.
Stop worrying about what will be a difference of maybe 2 - 4 minutes of actual run time.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Then at 30 amps and 2000mah I shud be just as good as 20 amp 3000mah?
I can't honestly say that would be true. Much depends upon the wattage setting that you will end up using, how much boost you end up using, a lot of unknowns at this time. You may well find that you'll easily get a full day's use, maybe longer, with the Samsungs you have coming.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
If you want to fully utilize the DNA you should read over these links:EVOLV - Home and check the escribe inactive tutorial and manual and load the international firmware (if it has not been already to use the Replay function) and ask your questions on the forum (extremely knowledgeable and helpful members). The board can reach 400watts with a 4s lipo battery.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
I can't honestly say that would be true. Much depends upon the wattage setting that you will end up using, how much boost you end up using, a lot of unknowns at this time. You may well find that you'll easily get a full day's use, maybe longer, with the Samsungs you have coming.
Im on 80watts boost mode. That shudnt use 30 amps of battery.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Man, I'm gonna be in and out like Flint.
The higher amp rated batteries will most likely 'sag' less than the other batteries with more mAh's
The current or amps being drawn is split between both batteries.
So ur saying Ill get good battery life from the true 30 amp batteries even though the mah is 2000 not 3000?

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread