New mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
And I ohm out at .4 so I shudnt use that much of the battery. Am I right?
Coil resistance is irrelevant when using a true regulated mod. It is only relevent with mechanical and unregulated mods.

The chipset in a regulated mod will have a preset lowest limit that it will fire the coil. Anything above that low limit makes no difference to the battery being used. What is relevent to the battery is the wattage setting you use.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dude all I can say is, you're overthinking it. But depending on my device (and this isn't dead accurate since I ALSO use different mods and they all vary in how efficient they are) but your DNA mod is going to be efficient for sure, and you may or may NOT notice huge differences between the two because one is being pushed harder than the other. But, at your current wattage unless you are going through Oh, I don't know 50 ml a day, I'm going to be that you'll have enough for a full day of vaping, if you vape reasonably (that doesn't always happen) and either way, like you now have enough batteries to bring a second, charged pair with you IF YOU EVEN NEED them and I'm going to bet that you won't really notice.

But, although I mostly use similar amp batteries but I have one high performing one and it sometimes lasts longer than my lower capacity, higher run times.

You are not officially entering the land of overthinking it. As long as you use your batteries APPROPRIATELY or lower for your specs, you will be JUST FINE.

Anna

Reactions: Eskie

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Im on 80watts boost mode. That shudnt use 30 amps of battery.

And I ohm out at .4 so I shudnt use that much of the battery. Am I right?

I really am not trying to be rude or seem unhelpful,
These questions have been answered in this thread several times and very similar questions in several of your previous threads.

Take time to learn / understand the basics.

Resistance is irrelevant when calculating battery amp demand when using a decent regulated power device.
At the power device's battery low voltage cutoff battery amp demand will be highest.

You're now using one of the very best regulated power devices available, take time to learn how to use the many great features it has and the software that offers even more.

No one can guess accurately, no one can say with any accuracy how long your new batteries will last.
I'd guess they will last longer than the low quality rewraps you're using in it now.
But no matter what, the actual run time difference will only be a few minutes one way or the other.

Best to start learning how to take advantage of and use the many features on your new power device.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Mooch says they r 2000mah. So if Im not drawing all 30 amps I shud get just as much battery life as a 20 amp 3000mah. Thats what Im hoping.

look at what you wrote again and you'll know why it was funny..

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You don't actually read all the responses you get, do you.

No one can accurately say how long or how much actual run time you'll get from any given battery.

You did good by buying authentic quality cells, stop worrying about things that don't really make any difference.
Actual run time / between recharge cycle time difference will be minimal / a few minutes one way or the other.
Best guess, the new ones will be as good if not gooder than the rewraps you're using in it now.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm now wondering if this is some sort of OCD perfectionism, really.

No, it may not have the EXACT SAME run time as the other battery.

There is this concept called "good enough." I am a perfectionist myself, and it's ONE reason why I get in my own way, don't complete things and etc.

There is this concept called "good enough."

THE GEAR YOU ARE USING NOW ALL OF IT, IS NOT ONLY GOOD ENOUGH but it's BETTER than a lot of vapers GET to use.

GET OUT OF YOUR OWN way and go VAPE. Go hold your wife's hand, whisper gentle things into her ear, take her to a deserted spot and make sweet gentle love to her (and yes, your performance will be "good enough!") *Provided you aren't thinking about your batteries the whole time."

It's either that, or enter therapy for a few years, while also adopting some sort of martial or precise form of mindfulness practice (I do both, and when I do both consistently I am less annoying to myself and others.)

Trust me on this, it's all good enough, including you. You don't have to do a dang thing more besides do whatever's needed to take your mind of the batteries.

You bought them, they're coming, and there's nothing you can do at this point. WHEN those batteries wear out oh say in 18 months or whatever, you can address the issue THEN.

Mah God.

Anna

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Only time will tell how long your batteries will last. There are too many variables. How much you vape. How often you vape. Your wattage. Your amount of boost. We cannot predict your results. We cannot compare them to your old batteries since none of us know the true stats of your old batteries (Chinese batteries are inconsistent and can vary greatly from one batch to the next) so that is another unknown we cannot predict.

Waiting sucks, but until you have the batteries to test, that is all you can do. Until then, set back and enjoy your new vape. Don't stress over what it isn't, and just enjoy what it is.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    look at what you wrote again and you'll know why it was funny..
    Wanted to use both the funny and the winner emoji at the same time, settled for like and told you here
    You don't actually read all the responses you get, do you.
    No, and that's why I mentioned I was in and out like Flint. Now my 3rd and final post.

@stols001 I think ya meant mAh Gawd.

Reactions: Eskie

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    I just bought the Paranormal DNA 250C. It is more powerful then the Hex Ohm. Anybody know anything about this mod? Any advice. It has a boost wattage mode.

Are you sure it’s more powerful?

I think it prolly depends on the batteries used...

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    It probably (the mod) is more powerful (the board at least) than the Hex Ohm although yes ability to reach target wattage is dependent on the batteries used (in anything) but the new mod is ONLY going to be limited by the highest output of the batteries which won't be 250. Fortunately, he likes it at a lower wattage setting though, so technically yes, but in this one instance I'm going to just say it is a "better mod" in all directions.

But I don't want to confuse the issue further, etc. Especially since he is now satisfied with LESS power, etc.

Anna

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Batteries can last a long time if not abused. I have a set of 10 18650 that I use in single battery mods that are well over a year old and still hold hold a good charge, not noticeably different than when they were first purchased. They get rotated and not sure how many times they have been charged/discharged but quite a bit.

I have 20 used in dual battery mods that are around 6 months old. Rotated in pairs and they too are holding up well.

If you want the batteries to last, don't abuse them. Get several and rotate thru them.

Walee

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2017
    I absolutely love mine. I did find one little "issue". The fire button is mushy. I've heard tale of some sticking down in the firing position. I found this with the Triade 250C as well. On the Triade you can remove the face plate and expose the buttons. I found that the actual switch on the board is very nice and clicky but the way the mounted the button over the switch is the issue. Just something to bear in mind. When I thumb fire, I mash the button. Not a good deal with this mod. I've taken to using my first finger where I can feel the activation of the switch better. Easy goes it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread