New Projects by Atmomixani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apocalypse

Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Guernsey
congrats to the people that got one.

does anyone know if the brass versions are limited runs? I thinking of selling my first batch brass when loco and co. releases the naval brass

Dude??!! Really? are you serious? There will be next to no noticable difference between the two. But hey...if you really wanna go through the whole getting up early/staying up late thing again chancing your arm to bag another brass, who am i to stay in your way.

cmacclel

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Boston
Both of mine just arrived the threading for the tailswitch is so tight it taking shavings off the brass and both are filled with brass shavings. Also the bottom vent holes have burrs so bad that a AW 18350 wont even fit into the tube. Thanks god I'm a machinist!

I will say out of all the mods I have seen the tailswitch design is the best I have come across.

Nemesisthread-vi.jpg

Last edited:

negrete35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Both of mine just arrived the threading for the tailswitch is so tight it taking shavings off the brass and both are filled with brass shavings. Also the bottom vent holes have burrs so bad that a AW 18350 wont even fit into the tube. Thanks god I'm a machinist!

I will say out of all the mods I have seen the tailswitch design is the best I have come across.

Nemesisthread-vi.jpg

Great mod, but I think it needs some refinement.

Cyric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
Louisville, Ky

Nemesisthread-vi.jpg

Oh wow thats not cool. Everything on mine is butter smooth.

CannedWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Seattle, WA. USA
All of mine have been fine so far (no burrs, sharp edges, and really smooth) - clearly not a design issue that needs refining. From the pic, it looks like the switch was cross threaded and then forced on or there was a burr that forced it to jump threads. It is clearly the tube cutting into the switch (softer metal lost that battle)... perhaps just a bad tube.

I do know that it isn't the whole batch - people have been posting pics from the latest batch and if 1000 of these were shipped with an issue like this, it would be more than one post on the forum :)

Mine arrives today so, will verify once I get home.

Be sure to send Katerina a note. She will get it worked out.

cmacclel

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Boston
The switch was not cross threaded. I guess I was the lucky one to receive 2 like this :)

S/N 2563 & 2187

All of mine have been fine so far (no burrs, sharp edges, and really smooth) - clearly not a design issue that needs refining. From the pic, it looks like the switch was cross threaded and then forced on or there was a burr that forced it to jump threads. It is clearly the tube cutting into the switch (softer metal lost that battle)... perhaps just a bad tube.

I do know that it isn't the whole batch - people have been posting pics from the latest batch and if 1000 of these were shipped with an issue like this, it would be more than one post on the forum :)

Mine arrives today so, will verify once I get home.

Be sure to send Katerina a note. She will get it worked out.

Last edited:

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I haven't had much of an opportunity to use mine, but I didn't notice any such problems (I took everything apart and cleaned it). It's waiting for me to come back home at the end of the day. It's in 18650 mode and I'm using a Vape2Safe mechanical fuse with the Kick ring so it's very easy to fire, yet can still stand unlocked. I can't wait to play with it more tonight (along with the other high-end Greek mod that was delivered today). I'm in such a good mood today - go figure.

dhughey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Memphis, TN
Seriously, this thing is great. I just got it in a few hours ago, with some agent orange and a new z atty u. Put them together and it is great. This is my first nemesis, and its just so smooth. The switch is a lot more comfortable than my zen standard. I'm in awe, good work everyone from atmomixani

cmacclel

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Boston
You are correct the one I have that is real bad has a slice going across the threads. So the tube is bad. Once the switch is screwed in past the defect in the tube the threads are smoother. I just cleaned up the tube where the slice is and now the threading is smooth as it should be. Now if I could just get the switch to fire. I have 4 Nemesis's here from this last batch (a friend bought 2 as well) and all of them have issues firing. It seems the switched have to be pushed exactly the right way or they will not fire. Also on one of them the 510 threading won't accept a Kayfun lite but the other 3 work fine. I was expecting a quality mod here so I'm dumbfounded as to what the issues are. Was this batch machined by someone differently or??

bummer :( sounds like a bad tube then

On a lighter note, with those kinds of odds, you should go buy a lottery ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread