New Reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
So, though I would give it a few days before posting. Been vaping for 2.5 years, and most of that time using a provari and a gg atomizer, which I have enjoyed. Started looking back on the forum a few weeks ago and wanted to try something new and more portable/pocket friendly.

Picked up a reo with an rm2, LP Black Wrinkle with Silver Vein Door. Came in on monday and the thing looks amazing, and even smaller than I thought. Built a 1.5 ohm micro coil with 30 gauge wire on my first try, thanks to all the vids people have posted.

This morning thought I would try about 1 ohm micro coil with 29 gauge, 5/6 wrap got me .9. The vapor is warmer which is nice. Don't think I will go lower, probably will stay within the .9 to 1.1 ohm range, so may try a 6/7 wrap next time see how this one goes.

Also, since i was getting a new device picked up the new aw imr 20 amp batteries and the xtar vp4 charger, both are great and really nice to see what the volts are when I first put them on the charger.

Overall a great device. Enjoying the rm2, may get a second so I can try different builds while I have one set up to work. Also think I may pick up 2 nuppins once those are availabe again. Really like the idea of the smaller atomizers that fit on the LP deck and don't overhang. Not really chasing flavors since I only vape unflavored anymore, more focus on throat hit for me.

Awesome device and set up!

If you have any thoughts/suggestions just let me know, I am all ears.

Included the pic in a later post, but figured I'd put one here as well :)

Reo.jpg

Last edited:

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Welcome, suggestion pics or it didn't happen :p haha that seems to be a forum standard
I've been hearing a lot about the vp4, I'm having some problems with my charger so I thought about ordering that charger and some more batteries since I have 2 Reo's and need more than 2 batteries. The Nuppin is sure a learning curve with building. Have a great day, LongDraw.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Thanks all. Will try to post a pic in a bit. Watched so many vids before it got here so already got the v cut in the tube, thanks for the heads up.

The xtar vp4 has been great so far, only had it a day or two. I was using a pila charger for the past 2.5 years, which still works and is a great charger but it is nice being able to charge 4 bats at the same time, plus don't have to mess with any spacers for different size batteries.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Welcome aboard, LD :toast:

You've clearly made some well considered choices - nothing but smooth sailing from here on out.

Yeah been pretty happy with my vaping purchases, think I have a few to many gg atomizers though lol. Once I find something that works I kinda stocked up in the past.

Congrats on your new Reo and Welcome to Reoville!

Play with the placement of the coil relative to high and how close to the air hole, a mm change can have a big impact on the vape.

Thanks, definately gonna play with this part some more. Right now I pretty much have the coil lined up with the airhole. The .9 ohm coil is pretty warm, something I gotta get use to. Think I might vape this for a day, and then build with a second wrap to see if I like that better and may try to raise the coil a little.

Welcome to the neighborhood :)

The vein finishes are known for taking on a dark patina if you don't clear coat them. Once they turn there is no known way to recover the silver/copper. A quick search of Reoville will bring up multiple posts on what to use to prevent it.

Kinda why I am glad just the door is in the vein finish. Love both the wrinkle and vein look, not sure how good I would do with clear coating. Figure if the vein does darken and it bothers me I will pick up a second door and then can clear coat that. The copper looked really good, but had read that really does darken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread