Status
Not open for further replies.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Congrats...my first "real" PV was and still is my Riva. I've had mine for about 2 months now, and I still love it, and it's still performing like a champ. Where did u get yours from, and what color? I got mine from LibertyFlights (lite bundle), about $40 shipped, great deal. I have only been using one of the batteries, as I'm keeping the other one sealed until the one in use dies out, which can be anwhere from 4 to 8 months from what I hear. If I were you, I would definitely follow the instructions and charge it as the manual says to, I believe it's like 8 hours...the waiting is the hardest part.

rmrlevoir

Apr 23, 2011
Wisconsin
I am so happy to have found this ECF site. I have learned so much from folks that have been there and are still there. You are encouragement to a 67 year old woman who is tried a million times to quit.
The VaporPro is working for me. Just did one day without a real cigarette. I want to thank ShoeQueen's Unsolicitated Advice, it was a real inspiration for me and so helpful to a person trying to succeed with Vaporing. Thanks so much. It is day 1 and I know I can do it, thanks to this site and the information and people that you meet.

Dani1226

Apr 23, 2011
Louisiana
Grats rmrlevoir! I felt the same way after the first day... I could feel there was finally hope... Then I found this forum... And then there was no hope involved... I was doing it! :D It's been just about 2 months for me... haven't looked back... So happy for you :D

Zookansas- I got the classic matte black finish... It's just so sleek... but I will definitely be venturing out to pinks and titanium colored ones soon :D I can already feel the collecting bug setting in!

I got mine at LibertyFlights too :D It's so reasonably priced, almost impossible to pass up >.<

OK... so I noticed the time and decided to run out and check the mail... And it was there! But... no instructions! :(:(:(:(:(

So I guess I'm off to youtube unless someone can recommend a thread for an instruction manual or something :(

Also, now I need to know what other things I need to further my enjoyment of this beautiful thing :D

I know I need a drip tip and a passthrough... gotta gotta have a passthrough! Anyone know where the best price is for one of these???

So what other stuff???

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I wasn't expecting it to be here so soon, but shipping info says to expect it today! Yay! Now, to hope I actually have everything I need to use it >.<

I will be back with questions once I get it, which should be about an hour from now! :D

Congrats! I use a Riva too.

btw, I'm in Metairie.

Hey i have the instructions for a Riva 510 SE. I can tell ya anything ya need to know if that's the model you got.

Last edited:

Dani1226

Apr 23, 2011
Louisiana
I bought the standard 650mah... not the SE... I found a youtube video with a step by step that was pretty helpful... I actually just took it off the charger like 15min ago... The atomizers didn't seem to have as much primer around them as I heard they would... but it's definitely nasty :(

I blew it out a ton of times and took like 15 drags without inhaling... It's a sweet sort of tobacco flavor with a horrible burning after taste... not pleasant... Is there another way to clean them out?

Yeah, just took another drag... tastes like I'm trying to eat a burnt gingerbread man... no sir, not pleasant...

And I'm around Lafayette :D I'm meeting all kinds of Louisiana people :D

So, suggestions on how I could vape less burnt gingerbread man and more of my e-liquid??

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Aside from just blowing you can rinse them out good with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide but both of these can leave chemical aftertastes. You would need to rinse them real good in water, preferably filtered not tap, and let them dry for a good 8 to 10 hours to make sure you don't have any chemicals left over your going to burn.

Or you can get pure alcohol with no Isopropyl such as vodka or something stronger like everclear or food grade hydrogen peroxide. Chances are you won't have any of these on hand, most folks don't so they just rinse real good then let dry.

Many people rinse them real good, shake the excess liquid out and then do a dry burn - this is when you hit the button and heat the atty until you see it start to glow, then stop wait a few seconds so the atty cools down, then repeat again. After several times doing this all the liquid should be burned off. However, I don't recommend doing this with brand new atty's because you can easily pop your atty by leaving it light for too long. This may also shorten the life of your atty so Don't Do It. This works to help bring an older clogged atty back to life for a while but should not be used on new atty's.

I have heard of people drying atty's in a warm oven or with a hair dryer.

If you already kept it lit for too long you might have burned your wick. If this happened it could account for the taste you are getting over just the primer itself. 15 drags with a flavored juice should have been enough to clear the primer out. If this is what has happened it is very hard to get this taste out. You would then have to try soaking it in alcohol to get any relief. At this point your best bet is to replace the atty.

Whatever you do, be very gentle with them. I wish you the best and wish I had better advice.,

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
got my riva like a week or two ago and love the thing:) its the 901 not the 510, thinkin about picking up another kit for the extra batteries and i lost my cone. plus when i ordered all they had was titanium and i got the last one, its kind of gold colored and i hate gold :( need a black one
another tip for drying your atties would be to put them in a plastic bag with dessicant. if you don't know what that is you can buy it in walmart one of the brands is damp rid. put some in a paper towel so its not all over your atty and put it in the bag with the atty and seal it, let it sit overnight or acouple days if you want will suck all the moisture out of it and leave it bone dry.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Grats rmrlevoir! I felt the same way after the first day... I could feel there was finally hope... Then I found this forum... And then there was no hope involved... I was doing it! :D It's been just about 2 months for me... haven't looked back... So happy for you :D

Zookansas- I got the classic matte black finish... It's just so sleek... but I will definitely be venturing out to pinks and titanium colored ones soon :D I can already feel the collecting bug setting in!

I got mine at LibertyFlights too :D It's so reasonably priced, almost impossible to pass up >.<

OK... so I noticed the time and decided to run out and check the mail... And it was there! But... no instructions! :(:(:(:(:(

So I guess I'm off to youtube unless someone can recommend a thread for an instruction manual or something :(

Also, now I need to know what other things I need to further my enjoyment of this beautiful thing :D

I know I need a drip tip and a passthrough... gotta gotta have a passthrough! Anyone know where the best price is for one of these???

So what other stuff???

Hey Dani, cograts again. I also got the sweet Black/gold combo. I ordered mine with some LRBoge Cartomizers and they are perfect for the Riva, but I'm becoming a fan of atomizers because it's quicker to try new liquids that way. I tried to do as much research as possible before ordering. However, one thing I passed up, and wished I did not, was that the Riva does not have an input for a passthrough..... :(. You have to order a specific ego with a passthrough option. I do a ton of vaping at my PC, and a passthrough sure would be nice. Oh well. Also, your Riva should be a 750mah device, not 650. I usually get about 6 to 7 hours of moderate vaping b4 I have to recharge.

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona
I'm curious is there a major difference between the 650 mAh on the egos and the 750 mAh of the Riva? Anybody have the trex 1100 mAh?

I have the Riva 1100MAH and the KGO 1100Mah. The voltage is higher on the 1100s when you vape with the 1100s. Riva 750s vape about 3.2-3.4v under load. 1100s vape 4.0-3.7 under load. Warmer vape with more flavor and TH, vapor, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread