New Scientist article re ecigs, nicotine, maoi's

Status
Not open for further replies.

420GypsyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Near a beach in a desert.
Awesome find. I wondered if some e-cig juices didn't contain some form of alcohol. It seems some do. This might explain why some people get headaches. Those headaches are due to the acetaldehyde being absorbed causing dehydration to occur(which is what causes a hangover after drinking). That is why I try to stay clear of juices that contain alcohol.

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Awesome find. I wondered if some e-cig juices didn't contain some form of alcohol. It seems some do. This might explain why some people get headaches. Those headaches are due to the acetaldehyde being absorbed causing dehydration to occur(which is what causes a hangover after drinking). That is why I try to stay clear of juices that contain alcohol.

I find that a lot of the oil based flavorings that are used in juices have to be emulsified using a very small amount of alcohol. If they are not emulsified, then the oil residue would blow atties out due to build-up. I do the same in my mixes which has not illicited any bad effects. I only use two drops of alcohol per ml of oil based flavoring, not the entire juice being made. This in general is fair practice by most juice makers because there are quite a few flavorings out there that can not be efficiently made in a water base. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread