classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Can't see who's viewing or where to show I'm online.

Love the new emojis :)

The online is the little green circle at the bottom of your Avi Pic
If there isn't one, they aren't online :)

You could see who is viewing in a thread before ?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
There is an up and a down little circle at the bottom right corner

Edit - I just noticed that if you are idle on the page they go away, but if you move your mouse with a tiny scroll they come back

There is also a little up arrow just to the right of this at the bottom :

Contact Us Reset Site Tutorials Terms and Rules Privacy Policy Help and then the little up arrow

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    BTW - What is XP ?

OK, I thought you were goofing around but now I see what you mean. From what I can tell from my "research", XP stands for Xenforo Points. It's a points system that can be used to increase participation. A forum owner can configure which activities get points and how many. Then, through the use of add-ons you could actually make those points usable and worth something, like unlocking locked forum functionality only available to those tha thave X amount of point racked up (just an example).

Having read about that now I remember I was a member of a forum years ago where you got points and could actually buy merch or even cash those points out for money via Paypal. That forum no longer does that since they are now THE #1 forum in that niche whereas then they were #3, so the participation incentive helped to make them more popular.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I've just been informed it is possible to display the number of views a thread's received with XenForo, so I'm requesting that be done.

You can still see the # of views a thread has by viewing it in the list of threads in it's thread list page, just as before. For instance, if I go here I can see that this thread has 795 views at the time of my posting this.

I would love to know how this kind of info is useful, if you don't mind sharing.

Reactions: Delilah718

mcduffy

ECF Veteran
  • Jul 9, 2017
    You can still see the # of views a thread has by viewing it in the list of threads in it's thread list page, just as before. For instance, if I go here I can see that this thread has 795 views at the time of my posting this.

I would love to know how this kind of info is useful, if you don't mind sharing.
    I'm not seeing it. Is gratifying to see if there's some others interested in some smaller threads I've started or contributed to.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US

The higher the number, the more popular the thread is. So maybe you should stop by and see why. :thumbs:

mcduffy

ECF Veteran
  • Jul 9, 2017
    Could you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Could you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing?
    Views.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread