Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
the screw design itself looks like it would be awesome, no grinding needed ;) BUT, it's the black oxide part that concerns me... not sure how well that would conduct the power? copper would be the optimum screw type :) if you can get those set screws in SS, Brass or Copper they would be PERFECT!
My screws finally showed up. May be too much to ask but could you possibly show me pictures of your screws? Would kinda like a point of reference for this. Will have to try doing it tomorrow (if time permits) other wise it will be Sunday since we have showcase on Saturday here.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Waiting on the SXK Version from 3F to be shipped so I can join the club here... :D
Did you get the B deck too, Troll? Been meaning to go over there to order stuff, but I was CRUSHED when they told me the Black was sold out forever (no longer in production). May still get the red, the two ceramic decks (B & W) and some insulators.

Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Did you get the B deck too, Troll? Been meaning to go over there to order stuff, but I was CRUSHED when they told me the Black was sold out forever (no longer in production). May still get the red, the two ceramic decks (B & W) and some insulators.
Hi Cindy!
I wanted to get the ceramic B deck, it should be amazing just like the ceramic cup on my daily Rose V2 drivers. As funds were limited I didn't get any extra parts for the SQRS. :(

I had to use those extra funds for the 3F version of the Snapdragon :w00t:, a GEM and a Big German Stumpy kit from FT. :thumbs:

Ya gotta spread the love around...

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I have never ordered from 3F before is their "Normal. Ships in 3 - 7 business days",similar to FT's "Ships in 7 days"? On FT that can mean forever or a 1 week+ restocking wait.
I've been hearing mixed opinions on 3FV shipping. When it goes smoothly, they're just as dependable as everyone else, but if there are any glitches, they're not very forthcoming with relaying information. Just from what I've gathered. But they're the only game in town for these, right? I haven't seen these anywhere else, except directly from SXK (DHGate).

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I've been hearing mixed opinions on 3FV shipping. When it goes smoothly, they're just as dependable as everyone else, but if there are any glitches, they're not very forthcoming with relaying information. Just from what I've gathered. But they're the only game in town for these, right? I haven't seen these anywhere else, except directly from SXK (DHGate).
I wish they all had the somewhat live type of inventory system that FT has, FC is not bad and GB has to be the absolute worst for zero information.

I see now on 3F in the New Arrivals there is a Silverplay Nano and this funky looking kayfun Nano. Too many attys, too little vape budget. ;)

I can wait for the SQRs and the Snapdragon on that order, my GEM has now gone from 7 Days to Waiting to be Packaged. That will arrive first and will be a hit or miss, hopefully an excellent little M2L rta.

Thanks for the info Cindy, I know when you get your ceramic B & W decks I will want them too. :w00t: :lol:

Reactions: cindycated

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I wish they all had the somewhat live type of inventory system that FT has, FC is not bad and GB has to be the absolute worst for zero information.

I see now on 3F in the New Arrivals there is a Silverplay Nano and this funky looking Kayfun Nano. Too many attys, too little vape budget. ;)

I can wait for the SQRs and the Snapdragon on that order, my GEM has now gone from 7 Days to Waiting to be Packaged. That will arrive first and will be a hit or miss, hopefully an excellent little M2L RTA.

Thanks for the info Cindy, I know when you get your ceramic B & W decks I will want them too. :w00t: :lol:
Blame it on @nelsonm64 . :grr: Yeah, it's all Nelson's fault! :lol:

I just looked at your link on the GEM. Looks like the same build as the SQRs, but without the nonconductive metal issues (which I didn't have). Hard to go wrong with that. :thumb:

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Blame it on @nelsonm64 . :grr: Yeah, it's all Nelson's fault! :lol:

I just looked at your link on the GEM. Looks like the same build as the SQRs, but without the nonconductive metal issues (which I didn't have). Hard to go wrong with that. :thumb:
lmao,Cindy! :lol::thumb:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Cheeseheads would probably be too big, but you can grind them down. Easier would probably be to get the countersunks - if you have any old Evod head insulators, maybe try putting one on the screw or in the hole before screwing it in.
Cheeseheads make perfect 510 screws!
Here is a 3 mm x 35 mm i had to modify for my Origen Genesis V2.
55H71j2l.jpg

Reactions: Vicshalls

thewarm

Nov 25, 2013
Seattle
The black tank feels cheap. And it looks painted. So you don't have to feel 'crushed'. I picked up a couple of the ceramic decks. Check this build with 26ga Kanthal @.5 ohms new coil.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Well it has arrived and initially I am not overly impressed, might be because 3F's SKU of the Snapdragon is poorly fabricated and requires tinkering to get working. There will be modifications needed as well for ease of use and OCD relief. :D

The SQRs was quite clean but it received a bath anyway. That is after almost an hour trying to get the W deck out without any marks left behind on either side. I finally got the deck off and gave it the regular Dawn bath, checking for swarf and burrs. I think the ball bearing setup for the airflow stops is pushed in a little too far on mine, there are no definitive click while moving the ring.

I put an 0.8 ohm 26g 8 wrap on coil on the W deck and wicked it with Rayon, trimimng it flush with the juice channels edge. Juiced the wick and filled the tank, no leaks or dry hits at 20W and vaping very nicely. I don't think this can touch the Rose V2 flavor wise, but it does beat it in airflow.

Time will tell with the SQRs for sure if it becomes a daily driver or not. :thumbs:
C0p2JWml.jpg

The build of the vapemail last night. Quite the janky threads on the SQRs base, looks like someone too pliers to it a some point... It didn't appear used at all in the box.
Y4cg2V8l.jpg

One of the Mod Wompers vouched for the SXK when I asked if it was one of the better clones available. Easy to build and wick, easy to fill if you are use to a Rose V2 ;) and quite airy.

I wonder what the ivogo would have been like.

Last edited:

thewarm

Nov 25, 2013
Seattle
get yourself a ceramic "W" deck. I have a Rose V2 and I think the Rs with the cermic deck produces better flavor :)
I have the ceramic 'W' and 'B' decks. I really like the 'B' deck, but it is harder to set up than the 'W' deck. The 'W' deck has to be the easiest deck to build of any RBA I've used!
SQuape RS on SMPL mod.jpg

View attachment 507763

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
get yourself a ceramic "W" deck. I have a Rose V2 and I think the Rs with the cermic deck produces better flavor :)

I have the ceramic 'W' and 'B' decks. I really like the 'B' deck, but it is harder to set up than the 'W' deck. The 'W' deck has to be the easiest deck to build of any RBA I've used!
Thanks Guys!
The Ceramic W & B are both on my list for the next order from 3F.

Reactions: nelsonm64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread