The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New style battery doesnt fit any of my chargers

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by terrie1, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. terrie1

terrie1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2009
    Centralia WA
    Im just blowing off steam. I cant use it til I order a VK charger! That sucks!
    It should say on the site that they dont fit usb chargers.

2. Blooper

Blooper Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2009
    Vegas
    do you not have a vk charger at all? I have had my charger from my first order last august and the new batts charge fine.

3. terrie1

Dec 16, 2009
    Centralia WA
    I have standard 808 usb wall chargers.

4. v1John

v1John Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    va
    I have no idea what you mean. iT's a kr808d1 battery, and if your charger charges them, then it should charge the V4L batteries too. Even the PCC says 808.

5. terrie1

Dec 16, 2009
    Centralia WA
    ty John! My PCC will charge it!

6. terrie1

Dec 16, 2009
    Centralia WA
    Its a NEW style battery. it does not fit in standard usb chargers. I tried 4 of them.

7. Sallyem

Sallyem Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    California
    I don't blame you for being upset. I would be too. They definately should note that on the site. I was thinking of ordering a couple, but I would want to charge on my USB chargers too.

8. maxx

maxx Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2010
    PA, USA
    Not sure what you mean by "new". In fact...the entire V4L nomenclature is getting confused. New, semi-new, old, not-so-old, premium, new premium, wow-premium, weapon's grade, etc. Who knows....

At any rate, in the past few weeks I have bought 4 shorties. All of them had thread issues. Some cartos wouldn't fit....others would. Some chargers worked...others didn't. I made them work like this. Take a small piece of sand paper or emery cloth (fine to very fine). Pinch the paper around the threads and very lightly twist. Very little pressure and only a couple twists. This reduces the diameter and takes off metal burrs. All my cartos and chargers work fine now. It would appear that the machine cutting the threads is off by a micron or two. The ammount of metal removed is not even noticeable....so don't sand too much.

9. geeker

geeker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    Neither here nor there
    Thanks, Maxx. I had this problem for the first time last night. I will try your fix.

10. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    Interesting - I have also noticed the new shorties don't work with my USB charger, but I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

11. maxx

maxx Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2010
    PA, USA
    I have one of those magnifying lamps that jewlers use. I looked at the threads on the new shorties and compared to my other batts. The threads were sharper and extended farther from the core on the new ones. Since it was happening to all the shorties I knew it wasn't something that a return would solve....so tried the sand paper very, very lightly....then tried a carto. It went on further than before....so a little more light sanding until I got a good fit. Just be careful not to take off too much.

12. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    I Have been using a 901 charger all this time! I wonder if I will have issues with it as I plan to order a couple of the new extra long batts.

13. v1John

v1John Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    va
    :) yw
    Ok, I hope they're at least charged again by now, until the problem can be solved. Maybe it's that new PREMIUM thread thing.

14. terrie1

Dec 16, 2009
    Centralia WA
    it's a premium thread thing.

15. leaford

leaford Vaping Master ECF Veteran

It's a feature, not a bug. ;)

No, seriously, thanks for that tip, Maxx! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.