New TC mod - Invader mini - specs online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.

iCook

Mar 1, 2015
Riga, LV
I was really satisfied with my Invader Mini. It had occasional turn-off issues and the 5+click turn on one, but overall it was really nice.
About 2 days ago the mod started turning off much more frequently. Today, while I was vaping it it turned off again after some 3 hits and didn't seem to turn on anymore. Tried swapping batteries, taking my RDA off, nothing... RIP
Is there any super cheap TC mod to get while I'm waiting for the Sig 75w to finally be released?

iCook

Mar 1, 2015
Riga, LV
sigelei is like 75$ for 75W + 1$ extra for TC = 76$
DNA would be like what - 200 $ for 200W + 100$ extra for all the bell and whistles?
I just suppose that this DNA200 would be extremely expensive(and who needs 200W anyways?), while Sigelei is well-known for quality products at an affordable price tag.
BTW My comment on Heatvape Facebook page(right below the comment of a guy who said his device was deffective and was offered a refund) was deleted
Any chance in Gearbest(that's where I got my Invader Mini) doing anything about my device?

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I was really satisfied with my Invader Mini. It had occasional turn-off issues and the 5+click turn on one, but overall it was really nice.
About 2 days ago the mod started turning off much more frequently. Today, while I was vaping it it turned off again after some 3 hits and didn't seem to turn on anymore. Tried swapping batteries, taking my RDA off, nothing... RIP
Is there any super cheap TC mod to get while I'm waiting for the Sig 75w to finally be released?

Evic VT is the only one with TC I know of on the less expensive side and I'd recommend. I really wish the Kanger Subox had TC, maybe on the next version.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
What kind of battery are being used on this? Would a Efest IMR 18650 LiMn 2800mAh Battery 35A run a .2 build?
With regulated mods the resistance doesn't matter. Watts and battery charge determine amp draw (lower charge = higher amp draw). Any 20 amp continuous discharge battery is good. Not sure what the actual cdr of that battery is, efest tends to overstate the amp rating.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Has anyone seen this problem - Take the invader and tap it firmly i=on the palm of your hand a couple of times. Mine powers off as if the batt contact is broken. This may be a feature to prevent damage when dropped but if so I havent seen it mentioned anywhere. For mine, it doesnt take much of a hit to get this to happoen. Far less than would be experienced by dropping to the ground.

ps. presumably turning off after the impact is a bit late...

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I noticed mine shutting off, occasionally, and eventually connected it to "shock" from putting it down hard or dropping it. I use LG HE2 flattops and just pried the top of the battery up a little bit to get a little better connection. Now, it rarely happens. I think HeatVape needs to improve, thicken/lengthen, the top connector for the battery.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I noticed mine shutting off, occasionally, and eventually connected it to "shock" from putting it down hard or dropping it. I use LG HE2 flattops and just pried the top of the battery up a little bit to get a little better connection. Now, it rarely happens. I think HeatVape needs to improve, thicken/lengthen, the top connector for the battery.

thanks awsum!! Do you have the V1 or V2?? I seem to recollect you have the later version..

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Based on the PB video I think I have the V1, for what that may be worth. I keep thinking about making a sort of washer to put in but can't come with easy way to do it. Maybe I'll sort of cast a slug of copper in fiberglass resin and give that a try instead of fooling with battery caps. Of course the easy solution is button top batteries, LOL.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I think I've figured out the "won't turn on with five clicks" syndrome. What happens to me is I'll put the Invader down for a while, then pick it up on my way out the door again, an hour or so later, take a pull and get a dry hit because it shut itself off. So I quickly hit the switch five times and nothing, it won't turn on. The normal procedure is to immediately hit the button five more times, but still nothing. Rinse and repeating from there only makes it even more frustrating.

The trick is the first time it won't turn on, like after you get a dry hit because it shut itself down, just wait about two or three seconds, THEN hit the switch five times again and it'll turn on. It works for me every time. There seems to be some kind of timer getting in the way that isn't present on other mods which makes it confusing and frustrating.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I think I've figured out the "won't turn on with five clicks" syndrome. What happens to me is I'll put the Invader down for a while, then pick it up on my way out the door again, an hour or so later, take a pull and get a dry hit because it shut itself off. So I quickly hit the switch five times and nothing, it won't turn on. The normal procedure is to immediately hit the button five more times, but still nothing. Rinse and repeating from there only makes it even more frustrating.

The trick is the first time it won't turn on, like after you get a dry hit because it shut itself down, just wait about two or three seconds, THEN hit the switch five times again and it'll turn on. It works for me every time. There seems to be some kind of timer getting in the way that isn't present on other mods which makes it confusing and frustrating.

I think soeone posted this ear;ier in the thread. I have tried it but it doesnt always work for me. Im sure mine is getting worse actually. I mailed heatvape about getting a V2 replacement on the basis that the V1 is intrinsically defective. I am not holding my breath for any reply ;)

btw if anyone is interested in UK, redjuice are selling the V1s for £24.95 plus postage...even with the glitches, this is a good deal...

Buy the Heatvape Invader Mini at RedJuice.co.uk

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I must have missed that earlier post. Sorry for the duplication.

no worries it was a long way back!!! Its good to refresh these ideas now and agin anyway lest some of the latecomers miss it. I guess now the V2 has solved this particular problem but there are a lot
of poor ones who jumped on the V1 (like me) ;)

Reactions: awsum140

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
Some sick part of me is hoping my issues get worse with the V1 so I can justify getting an evic-vt. Would love to have a second TC mod, but for some reason my wife thinks we need to pay this thing called rent. How inconsiderate.

I think I might have mentioned this before, but I think the only times I have issues with turning it on are also the times it forgets the settings. Lately I've also noticed I have to be a little more attentive to how much pressure and where the pressure is applied when pushing the fire button. If I press towards the top of the button it doesn't always push in enough to get that little click and actually start firing. I think this is just some normal button wear/tear, though.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Some sick part of me is hoping my issues get worse with the V1 so I can justify getting an evic-vt. Would love to have a second TC mod, but for some reason my wife thinks we need to pay this thing called rent. How inconsiderate.

I think I might have mentioned this before, but I think the only times I have issues with turning it on are also the times it forgets the settings. Lately I've also noticed I have to be a little more attentive to how much pressure and where the pressure is applied when pushing the fire button. If I press towards the top of the button it doesn't always push in enough to get that little click and actually start firing. I think this is just some normal button wear/tear, though.

I think there are two issues, one with the button and the other with the chip and these together contrive to make the device very annoying sometimes!

Reactions: jks89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread