ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Casa grande, Az, USA

Thin

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Scotland
I use an online calculator and make up a bottle (usually 20 or 30ml) of flavorless base nicotine liquid with my required PG/VG and nic level. I allow for adding 18% flavor later. I then put 100 drops into an empty bottle and, using the same dropper/pipette, add 10 or 12 drops of flavor. I then use my dripping atomiser to vape-test it, and add extra flavor drops to my mix until it's to my liking. Most of my mixes turn out around 18-20% flavor. Obviously if a mix tastes perfect with only 10 drops then my nicotine level will be a bit high, and if it takes 30 drops it'll be a bit low, but I've never really noticed any difference. You can tweak it next time. If I end up with 120 drops it's around 4 or 5 ml, obviously you could do the same starting with maybe 50 drops.

Link to online calculator

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
I test with 10ml, as I don't have smaller bottles than that. Usually, even if I'm not diggin the recipe, I can still vape all 10mls without issue. I've had to toss maybe 4 batches of different things so far in all of my experiments, which isn't bad considering how many recipes I've experimented with. 5mls sounds like a better idea though tbh. Less nic if you mess up, and the percentages are just as easy to work with as the 10ml batches. Yes, btw, you should be using the calculator provided by SDave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread