• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New to the Boston vapors club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.JcP

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Taxsachusetts
It appears so. I'm near the Leominster/Sterling line. Do I sense a Mini-Meet coming? :toast:

Yea, may as well. akingsley and I were going to hit up singapore's for some good eats and hang for a bit. Forty's is vape friendly also if you want to grab a beer some day after work... I'm one of the guys stripping the leominster state forest that was in the paper yesterday. Feel free to stop in there too... (I'm in the chipper)

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
Yea, may as well. akingsley and I were going to hit up singapore's for some good eats and hang for a bit. Forty's is vape friendly also if you want to grab a beer some day after work... I'm one of the guys stripping the leominster state forest that was in the paper yesterday. Feel free to stop in there too... (I'm in the chipper)

Cool. Were you guys clearcutting Leominster Sportsmens' Association recently too (it directly abuts LSF)? I'm a member there. If so, you guys interfered with quite a bit of good range time :D.

Mr.JcP

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Taxsachusetts
Cool. Were you guys clearcutting Leominster Sportsmens' Association recently too (it directly abuts LSF)? I'm a member there. If so, you guys interfered with quite a bit of good range time :D.

No we didnt get that job... Bid on it though (thinks to self.. "he has guns and you ...... him off.. answer carefully!!)

Also.. The clear cuts (in forest) are also only in the dead growth. We are not there to hurt the forest just to fix it...

It is a 10 year plan for reforestation. It will look like hell for a long time but the fire risk is already down a good 40% since we got there. If this place went up there would be no sportsmen club.. Its to the point it could not be controlled and its a huge fear of the city and state. They have known it for two years as this paper work has sat on desks of the tree huggers.. Not any more

We would like to start a plant a tree operation with the state if we can get the funds also. If not, it will reseed itself... this is a seed year, but still. Its going to look like HUGE fields for a long time to come. All the red pine in that forest has choked itself out for going on 20 years of its life. Planted in the 1940's. We dont know if we can save any of it sadly... We wish it to reseed with sugar maple as they thrive in the setting. Ehh till then dont shoot me please.

Last edited:

Mr.JcP

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Taxsachusetts
No worries, JCP. I was just wondering if you guys got that job.

With that said, see many Whitetails out there?

Fresh tracks in the landing but have not seen one yet. A lot of fresh rubs! Good trees too 6-8 inch few scrapes here and there. There is a monster out there. Town tree warden told us 11 points. I say blah blah blah.. I have a stand set up in the back of our clear cut bout 600 yards of the road to the left. Have not bow hunted that yet this year. I will be out first day of primitive 4 sure. I have 3 - 8 pointer's on cam over by akingsleys neck of the woods. Access to 30 acres there but no gun allowed. I need to get up there also... too many critters to little time!

You got time to hit the range? I need a member to get me in lol... I want to get my Omega on paper 100 -200 out.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
Fresh tracks in the landing but have not seen one yet. A lot of fresh rubs! Good trees too 6-8 inch few scrapes here and there. There is a monster out there. Town tree warden told us 11 points. I say blah blah blah.. I have a stand set up in the back of our clear cut bout 600 yards of the road to the left. Have not bow hunted that yet this year. I will be out first day of primitive 4 sure. I have 3 - 8 pointer's on cam over by akingsleys neck of the woods. Access to 30 acres there but no gun allowed. I need to get up there also... too many critters to little time!

You got time to hit the range? I need a member to get me in lol... I want to get my Omega on paper 100 -200 out.

I might be able to hit the range this weekend at some point. I'll sponsor you too if you're interested. The range only goes to 100 yards, but if you can group at that distance with a muzzy, beers are on me ;-). You can't beat LSA's dues - $85 for the first year, $50 every year after. If you apply now, you get the rest of this year and all of 2011 for $85.

Shoot (bah!!!!) me a pm if you really want to throw some lead this weekend.

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been lurking around here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I grew up in Springfield, but I've lived in Wilbraham for 22 years (with the exception of one year in Lowell that was truly like living in H#LL). Been vaping since August. My son is a high school junior and my daughter is a college freshman in Worcester. My husband is still smoking analogs, he says vaping doesn't do it for him. We bought a pool table about a year ago, so we're usually home playing pool on weekends which is funny because we haven't improved at all in a year, but we keep trying! But that may have something to do with our main hobby - BEER (drinking it, not making it)!!! LOL

Cheers!
:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread