New to vaping- help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRB92

Oct 23, 2019
Hey everyone I just started vaping a few months ago but i am having a hard time finding a system that works for me. I first purchased a snowwolf system that required .20 coils and the tank constantly leaked even had to buy new batteries because it leaked into my batteries. Now i have purchased a wocket pod system and despite good reviews for everyone else it seems my coils seem to be only lasting a day before it tastes burned. I purchased a 25mg salt liquid and now am trying regular liquid but still feel as if i need to change my coil already. This is my 3rd day. Im hoping someone can help me I dont want to go back to smoking but this has been a pain in the .... experience so if anyone could help with some advice with no abbreviations but a clear explanation for a newbie that knows next to nothing of these electronic things i would really appreciate it .

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)

All wicks eventually go bad, but these coil cartridges seem to be going bad faster than they should.
Fast burning usually comes from not enough juice getting into and through the wick.

There are several ways this can happen.
Chain vaping can sometimes do it, overly tight wicking combined with thicker juice is another. Also too much voltage means too much heat.

so pulling more juice than the wick can provide, not getting enough juice into the wick, or attempting to vaporize more than is available.

simplest one is turn down the voltage a bit and see if that helps. It may or may not.

DRB92

Oct 23, 2019
Howdy and welcome :)

All wicks eventually go bad, but these coil cartridges seem to be going bad faster than they should.
Fast burning usually comes from not enough juice getting into and through the wick.

There are several ways this can happen.
Chain vaping can sometimes do it, overly tight wicking combined with thicker juice is another. Also too much voltage means too much heat.

so pulling more juice than the wick can provide, not getting enough juice into the wick, or attempting to vaporize more than is available.

simplest one is turn down the voltage a bit and see if that helps. It may or may not.

DRB92

Oct 23, 2019
Thank you! I havevtried lowering voltage . what is a tight wicking? Did I screw the coil in too tight? Or maybe not priming the coil inside enough . i let it sit for 20 minutes with new coil before vaping. What would chain vsping be considered as? I do use it like how i would a cigarette where i vape for 5-10 minutes with 30 seconds or so in between vapes then stop for a couple hours

Reactions: Opinionated

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Sounds like your a regular mouth to lung vapor, mtl, and some of the best coils for that are the aspire bvc . Although it's not a pod system, so its slightly a bit more bulky, have always been a fan of the nautilus series which are your tanks. Pair that with a small battery mod like an eleaf , pico , asmodus colossal, aegis, and you have a really nice set up. I would use either your salt at 25 or regular juice at 18mg

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Thank you! I havevtried lowering voltage . what is a tight wicking? Did I screw the coil in too tight? Or maybe not priming the coil inside enough . i let it sit for 20 minutes with new coil before vaping. What would chain vsping be considered as? I do use it like how i would a cigarette where i vape for 5-10 minutes with 30 seconds or so in between vapes then stop for a couple hours
Sometimes new vapers can make the mistake of not "pulling" air through their coil hard enough. It's almost counterintuitive until you understand the basics of an atomizer but if you don't suck enough air through the coil it heats up but without the cooling rush of air every coil needs.
In other words, if it seems like it's too hot or the coil is burning out too fast suck harder!

DRB92

Oct 23, 2019
Sometimes new vapers can make the mistake of not "pulling" air through their coil hard enough. It's almost counterintuitive until you understand the basics of an atomizer but if you don't suck enough air through the coil it heats up but without the cooling rush of air every coil needs.
In other words, if it seems like it's too hot or the coil is burning out too fast suck harder!

Wow thank you i sucked harder and the flavor is better too. Hopefully it will get easier to suck harder! Thank you!

DRB92

Oct 23, 2019

Do all vaping systems require this hard of sucking?

DRB92

Oct 23, 2019
Sounds like your a regular mouth to lung vapor, mtl, and some of the best coils for that are the aspire bvc . Although it's not a pod system, so its slightly a bit more bulky, have always been a fan of the nautilus series which are your tanks. Pair that with a small battery mod like an eleaf , pico , asmodus colossal, aegis, and you have a really nice set up. I would use either your salt at 25 or regular juice at 18mg

Would these pod systems require not such a strong suck? I do like getting the throat hit

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Would these pod systems require not such a strong suck? I do like getting the throat hit

Mostly you just have to get used to vaping, it is slightly different than smoking in how the airflow is..

When I first began vaping I would have a cigarette in one hand and my vape in another and I'd alternate back and forth until I was able to vape like I smoked and vaping became correct..

That may do you some good.. however:

you also need a mouth to lung tank.. the Zenith tank is a good tank that you can put on your snowwolf and get a more appropriate vape for you, just set your wattage at 9 watts, then work your way up until its right.. I vape between 11-14 watts on the various Zenith coils and battery life is awesome on a two battery mod.

Eightvape has the Zenith on sale right now for 16.95 but they are sold out of coils.. (although you get two coils to start with when you purchase the tank) Element Vape has both the tank and coils in stock, but their tank is 25.95 by the time you pay for shipping you don't save a lot by shopping at both places instead of trying for one stop shopping but the option is there anyway, if money is a concern..

It's an option for you.. I don't normally vape pods so I don't know what to tell you about the pod you have..

As a beside, coil life can also improve with higher quality ejuice.. Try Heather's Heavenly Vapes for some good ejuice that's easy on coils..

Welcome to ECF!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I notice when i open the wocket airflow at the top though there is more vapor but i don't feel the throat hit.

The more airflow the less throat hit you get.. mouth to lung is designed for throat hit, dl is designed for clouds..

You'll probably end up somewhere in between those two extremes..

If you get the Zenith tank go for the .48ohm 3D plexus coils for it, you'll likely be happier..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread