New to Vaping! Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan98720

Aug 25, 2018
So I have the Sourin Air system and have been vaping a 3mg regular e juice from vapewild.com it was fine and tasted and felt great, but i didnt really get any type of feeling off it. So I decided to step it up and go with a salt based nicotine. I got the 25mg Mr. Salt E Strawmellon taffy and it is absolutely terrible! As soon as i draw the vapor into my mouth, the back of my throat starts to burn a little. If i then pull the vapor into my lungs, the burn is even worse and lasts for a while after exhaling. Is this just too high of a strength or am i doing something wrong. The only thing that I can tell is different between when I vape the 3 mg and the 25 mg is that the Mr. Salt E sputters and pops on each drag much more than the 3 mg.

Thanks for the help!
Ryan

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Did you go from smoking straight to 3mg/ml? That's not advised, like, at all. You should start at least at 9-12mg/ml, if you were a heavy smoker (heavy as in many cigarettes a day not as in belly gravity) then probably more.

Nic salts should have less throat hit but if you have 8 times what you're used to I guess you'll have more.
What you can easily do is buy some zero nic base and mix your 25mg/ml nic salt down to a level that gives you enough nic and doesn't produce a throat hit.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Did your PG/VG ratio change when you got the nic salt juices? It sounds to me that it may be accounting for all your problems. Typically, premade HIGH nic salt juices tend to have a higher PG ratio, which can cause some of the things you are describing. Alternately, your 6 mg juice may have had a MUCH HIGHER VG ratio, as those are typically designed for Direct Lung vaping.

If this is an issue, you can get your favorite juices with 0 nic, and add nic salts to them, and/or search out a Nic salt vendor who is willing to provide you with a custom PG/VG ratio, at the nic salt level you desire. Some are unwilling to do this, as they often think the end user will be putting it in a device that is designed for huge clouds of vapor per puff, which can lead to nic overload.

Your VG/PG or PG/VG (seems to be at random these days) should be listed on your bottles.

Good luck

Anna

Ryan98720

Aug 25, 2018
Yeah I do think I took too big of a leap in nic strengths. Just got caught up in stuff i read online about mr. salt e. I also apparently was shipped the wrong strength. I just checked the bottle again and it is 45mg which is way too much! Its no wonder that I couldn't enjoy that strength!
That is a good idea about adding 0% juice to the mr. salt e. I think I will try it so i didn't waste my money on that other bottle.

The 3mg bottles that I like are 65% vg. The mr. salt e bottle doesnt say the vg/pg, but I found online that it is 60% vg. Would that 5% really make that big of a difference?

If anyone has any suggestions about good flavors with little throat hit and higher nic strength let me know!

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Would that 5% really make that big of a difference?
I don't think so, that's too small a difference to have a big impact. If it was a 70% PG juice then yes but as is you still have a medium mild juice. Considering it's a suorin air the mr salt juice should even wick a little better than the 65% one so it's less likely to get dry hits from that.

45mg/ml salt liquid is meant to be close to what a cigarette feels like. With the 3mg/ml, even it is freebase, you're used to much less of a throat hit (in a suorin air it should be almost nonexistant at that strength).

When you're buying 0mg base liquid you need one with the same flavor as the liquid you want to dilute, otherwise the flavor will get really bland. Also, don't dilute it down all in one go, progress slowly and find out what nic level works for you, you don't wanna end up with nic lacking again.

With flavors, pure acidic fruits (like strawberry, apple, lemon) or high menthol to me tend to produce more of a sharp throat feel than if they are in a creamy mix (like strawberry milkshake, apple fritter or lemon tart).

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread