New to vaping, what's a good starter kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rspaff

Jun 28, 2014
United States
After trying a couple of kits, which turned out to be clones and the local dealer wouldn't stand behind them. I settled on the Evod tank and the Spinner II battery. You can find them on eBay but verify they are authentic. Vision has a scratch off serial # to verify authenticity. Thank heavens for the eBay guarantee. I sent two back. Ask the question of authenticity before you buy. eBay is also the cheapest place to buy the replacement coils. Ask the same authenticity question. The clones are not worth a darn.I cycle through 3 batteries and have a couple of tanks for each flavor I use.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Ask twenty vapers and you get thirty recommendations :)

Can't go wrong with the EVOD.

As i was the first to switch the vaping, I am considered the vape-guru with all the guys and guyesses that asked me for adivce or even asked to order something 'good' for them. Compared to the old hands here, I view myself still a bloody nib :)

But :)

iClear 16 , 900mAh battery, USB-charger and some DIY juices gets them most bang for the buck. Doesn't strain the wallet too hard, the dual coil in the iclear 16 produces convincing clouds and oomph. Good gear to keep or to upgrade from...

skphoto

Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Missouri
I'd recommend the itaste vv v3 as a starter kit. There is a learning curve, but watching some youtube videos will be a great help. I love mine so much I got my husband using one now too. The only think is, I quickly moved on to a few different tanks I prefer over what came with the itaste. But it's good enough to start with till you think "hmm..I wish this or that was different" and go from there.

kd2751

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Near Charlotte, NC USA
Lots of good advise on here.

You can go to myfreedomsmokes.com
Order two of these: EVOD 650mAh Variable Voltage Blister Pack Starter Kit at 7.95 each
Order one of these: Kanger EVOD Coil Replacement Heads (5pk) at 7.95
Shipping will be 5.60 priority mail
You will get in in a couple of days and it will cost you about 28 bucks (at checkout use code ECFDISC14 for 10 percent off for this price).

You will have two evod type tanks, two 650 variable volt evod type batteries and five kanger replacement heads without breaking the bank. I started with these and I also use them as incentives for clients in a program I run. All are still working. I now use a lot of the vape gear suggested here but still have these as backups. They are workhorses.

This will set you up (except for juice) while you read, read, watch you tube and read until you decide what you want as your main vape stuff. Also check out lots of sellers on line. Read about them, too. Prices can vary a whole lot and so does customer service; spending a little time researching can save you a lot of money and aggravation.

Good luck. It really does get easier. (But there is always something new to catch your eye).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread