New to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda King

Oct 3, 2018
Just smoked my last cigarette (hopefully) and switched to e-smigs (because I mixed up smoke and cigarette once, came out smigarette and it stuck... Not the first or last time I've made up new words). I have a MyBlu and one I don't remember the name of that is refillable. So far, I like the MyBlu best (the other makes me try to cough up a lung). This is all new to me so I hope I don't ask any stupid questions. I've read a few posts. Don't know the jargon yet so a lot didn't make sense. Anyway, does anyone have suggestions for this newbie? I was smoking VS ultra light 120's if that's important.

Linda King

Oct 3, 2018
Just smoked my last cigarette (hopefully) and switched to e-smigs (because I mixed up smoke and cigarette once, came out smigarette and it stuck... Not the first or last time I've made up new words). I have a MyBlu and one I don't remember the name of that is refillable. So far, I like the MyBlu best (the other makes me try to cough up a lung). This is all new to me so I hope I don't ask any stupid questions. I've read a few posts. Don't know the jargon yet so a lot didn't make sense. Anyway, does anyone have suggestions for this newbie? I was smoking VS ultra light 120's if that's important.

Attachments

• 15385867595152899567244425043566.jpg
    15385867595152899567244425043566.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Oh nonono! Ask MANY stupid questions! It works better for you that way and we’re used to it. There are those of us here who believe stupid questions do not exist. I take this as a personal challenge myself.

Welcome to the forum btw:)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Have all the lighters you want, you never know when they're needed. But in any case, welcome aboard and ask away and well, enjoy the ride I guess. How are you liking your Myblu so far? What kinds of things are you looking for/looking for improvement in, etc?

Most of all welcome to ECF. I don't believe I would have had a snowball's chance without it :)

Anna

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I started with something similar to myblu but quickly moved on. Not enough vapor for my likes and too high nic content. Took a few months but moved to tank and mod.

Have currently after over two years arrived at subohm with low nic and happy with it.

So you have to experiment to find your spot.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
MyBlu is a tobacco company product.
It is very expensive to buy and extremely cheap to make, like paper tubes with tobacco that you burn.

Personally, when my $1 MyBlu is empty, I shall not pay 1 cent to purchase any more of their ridiculous pods which cost under 10 cents to make.
How much is 1 pod in America. $4.99?
I pay less than 20 cents to refill. I bought a sports car with the money I saved.
Sports car or your hard-earned money to a tobacco company? You choose.

20 cents per day = $73 a year. Plus hardware.
Blu minimum of $4.99 per day = $1,821 a year. Plus batteries.

In 2012, there was an e-cig which cost $3,200 a year to run. I bought one. It cost them under $50 a year to make it a sell it to the customer. I thought it was good and cheaper than smoking. It barely worked.

For $3,200 I could have had hypnotism or booked into an addiction clinic.

Then I found the ECF. :thumbs: My life was saved.

Say no to tobacco. Say no to tobacco companies. Say no to Blu.
Say no to soapboxes. :eek::D

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
Welcome :) If you're enjoying the myblu, than keep using it. The advantage of pre-filled pods when you start, is you can try different flavors on the cheap. Once you find the flavors you like, than it would be in your best interest to switch to a refillable mouth to lung system. I've tried a bunch of refillable pod systems as well as the nautilus 2 tank, nautilus original tank & innokin T20s tank. I find I like the Innokin T20s tank the best for flavour, ease of use, and reliability. The coils on the T20s are consistently good, whereas I got some terrible nautilus coils.
If you like the pod system style, some decent refillable pod systems are the Justfog minifit and suorin vagon.
Flavours are a subjective thing. It took my awhile to settle on what works for me. The fruity flavours gave me canker soars, pure custards made my chest feel tight... but custard flavoured tobaccos were and are my all day vape. I get the subtle custard flavour without the chest tightness.
Good luck :)
M.

casuald00d

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2018
the states of unitedness
The MyBlus I tried were leaky. Super leaky. Not a fun time. Hopefully yours are working out just dandy though! My main advice for you is to stick with it. Make sure you got all the vaping supplies you need and just stick with it til you realize how much better it is. If you're like me, you'll realize at some point that cigarettes are just straight garbage and vaping is far superior in every conceivable way. I don't even want cigarettes anymore. I just want my vapor. Yum yum yum yum.

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Hi Linda. Welcome to the ECF.

Don't worry about asking Stupid Questions or knowing all the Jargon we use. We All were in the same boat when we started. So just ask away about the things you Don't understand.

As to a Suggestion for someone just starting out? I have one. Don't let yourself get Information Overload by the Dizzying array of Suggestions and Options you will receive/see when it comes to Hardware and e-Liquids.

You've got plenty of time to think about Buying New Stuff. And trying All Kinds of Different e-Liquids. Just Focus on Not Smoking Today. And having 2 Complete e-Cigarettes and enough Refills to last you at Least 2 Weeks.

You said you like your MyBlu. Then I would get some more Refills for it. And consider buying a 2nd one to have as a Backup.

Because e-Cigarettes can Break. Or can get Misplaced. And if that MyBlu is the Only thing keeping you from Smoking, then you should a Backup for it if something happens to it.

Linda King

Oct 3, 2018
So, I went to a vape store here in town. Nice girl working there (we have a couple so I picked the one with the highest rating), seemed knowledgeable. Looked at some different things, settled on a Joyetech eGo AIO Probox for now. It was within my budget. Got a 100ml bottle of Keep It 100 Krunchy Squares after testing a few. Will see where the journey takes me. :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread