The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Vaper DIY Help

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by AlwaysBusy, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AlwaysBusy

AlwaysBusy Full Member

May 18, 2011
    Saint Louis, Missouri
    QUESTION TIME

I just finished mixing my first batch of eliquid, Apple Madera Amaretto. I got great vape and good flavor, not much throat hit though. Which ingredient provides throat hit?

Dripping FS 510 (the generic I mentioned I got from myPVshop.com for $21.99) I don't want to appear cheap to anyone but I lost my job in February 2010 and I'm trying to be as frugal as possible with this wonderful thing called vaping. Started a virtual business and have made virtually no money yet..but I know it'll take off. Everything I've purchased has been on sale or clearance or a free sample thanks to this forum. Really, thank you.

First Try Recipe:
    (5.5ml) 60mg flavorless PG
    (7.5ml) no nic VG
    1.5ml vodka
    (4 drops) 18mg Apple Madera (got the free 10ml sample from ecigexpress.com using ECF coupon code MADERA)
    4 drops of Amaretto flavoring
    YIELD: +/-15ml of, I'm hoping, around 24mg eliquid.

Thanx
    Always

2. Phydeau

Phydeau Moved On

Feb 21, 2011
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    PG tends to provide more TH than VG. VG has a tendency to produce more vapor and mutes the flavors a bit. Increasing your PG to VG ratio should help increase the TH in your mix.

To help you calculate your mg you should use something like ejuicemeup calculator. eJuice Me Up - e-Juice e-Liquid Recipe Calculator This software is very accurate and allows you to save recipies in a file to be loaded again in the future. Very handy.

What's more, using "Drops" as a measurement is very inaccurate and difficult to reproduce. Syringes, especially low dose models, are a far superior method of measuring your flavorings.

3. WomanOfHeart

WomanOfHeart Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Drops can vary by the dropper being used. It's much harder to raise the nic level than it is to reduce it. Get 5 posts and give the forum a chance to update and you should be able to post in the DIY forum. In the meantime, the DIY forums are here.

4. AlwaysBusy

AlwaysBusy Full Member

May 18, 2011
    Saint Louis, Missouri
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.