Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I started vaping on a joyetech 510cc because it was the cheapest option. However, I fumbled around and got juice everywhere but tried to clean it up as best as I could. I put 100% VG honeydew juice from Virgin Vapor in it and tried it out. It tasted mildly like melted or burnt plastic that had a TINY hint of honeydew. It just left my mouth with a sickly feeling and taste. So I got rid of that juice in the tank and put in floral juice, again 100% VG. Same taste but now with a tiny hint of roses. I opened up the atomizer and saw that the wicks and coil were drenched. I fired it up and it sparked the juice all over the coil to all over my desk. Dried that out, put it all back together, tried it. Same thing, I just don't know how to fix it. I took up vaping because I bought a pack of cigarettes, questioning if it would be so bad. After 3 weeks, I picked up a vape pen. Is this really how it's supposed to be? I was under the impression that the flavors would actually taste very close to the flavor. I've read that 100% VG juice tends to be very thick and not be absorbable without distilled water, but then I also read that Virgin Vapor's juices are very thin so I figured the water wouldn't be needed. I don't care much about vapor production or throat hit, I just want good, realistic flavor that will detract from cogarettes and maybe even unnecessary snacking. I don't know if I have any allergy to juice ingredients as it hasn't been long enough to tell.
Edit: I also do not cough or get any irritation from lung or mouth hits. My father is a smoker but I don't really get much secondhand from him. I thought this was weird even though I did smoke for a very short period.
Another edit: the metal band in the very center separating the battery and tank gets VERY hot. If I touch it for more than 3 seconds, it's scorching.

1:
"I started vaping on a Joyetech 510cc because it was the cheapest option"
If you buy a bicycle because its the cheapest option, don't expect it to perform like a ferrari.

2:
"I started vaping on a Joyetech 510cc because it was the cheapest option"
I'm unclear whether you are a smoker or not.
If you are a smoker, we have reached the point where it makes economical sense to vape instead.
If you are not a smoker, taking up vaping can turn into an unecessary expense.

3:
Where the coil is would tend to get warm, but too hot is not good.
Plastic plus hot plus inhale is not a good combination

Zamgage

Jul 10, 2015
I had one of those when I first started. It was ok with the $2.99 bottle of mostly PG juice, but started getting hot/dry/and plastic hits even in the 50pg/50vg range... I tried a friends JTJM Shurb which I believe is 40/60 and it gave up on itself. I ended up upgrading to an itaste MVP2.0 with a protank after the pen, and it was a whole new world... Have since upgraded again, but those pens are never going to give you the flavor you're expecting, or handle a 100%vg juice.

PotleCloud

Jun 22, 2015
Just wanted to add a quick comment. No matter what you do to that Joyetech. It will never be able to handle 100% VG juice. All you will end up doing is burning up atomizers if you keep trying that high of VG juice in it.
I've been smoking for a very short time. 3 weeks just about, but since reading some of the replies and being frustrated at my poor combination of this juice and this pen, I've put a hold on vaping and went back to smoking. Total, just over a month of smoking. At this point, I feel like I could quit without vaping, but I fear the temptation is just going to distract me so I want to try vaping.

I'm considering just going to a vape shop that has decent reviews on "new vaper service" and asking for their advice. I'm just looking to not break the bank but not have a ....ty vaping experience.

PotleCloud

Jun 22, 2015
One thing to anyone still looking at this thread:
What is the next step up from simple vape pens? The annoyance with finding a decent vape pen for 100% VG (not buying more juice without burning through this one first) makes me want to just skip them altogether. Is it a bad idea to pay for the more expensive vape setup...?
I've heard of mods but all I know is that you buy the components separately and build the internal coil/wick part yourself. Then I've heard mech mods and some other mods, those I have no idea what those are.
Any recommendations for cheaper but good components would be fantastic. I am definitely on a budget and will NOT spend more than $80-100 max. Battery life and large juice capacity are NOT of much importance to me at this time.

manifesto.tk

Account closed on request
Jul 9, 2015
I've found the kbox starter kits from kangertech online from as low as 59.99.(before shipping) if you have the access to a credit card and you're willing to wait you can get a really great setup that won't break the bank. Although a kanger evod starter kit is most likely your best bet. When I bought my evod kit it came with 30ml juice, 5 spare coils + a extra evod so if it runs out of batteries you're still good to go.

PotleCloud

Jun 22, 2015
I've found the kbox starter kits from kangertech online from as low as 59.99.(before shipping) if you have the access to a credit card and you're willing to wait you can get a really great setup that won't break the bank. Although a kanger evod starter kit is most likely your best bet. When I bought my evod kit it came with 30ml juice, 5 spare coils + a extra evod so if it runs out of batteries you're still good to go.
Can this kit handle 100% VG without doing that distilled water alteration?

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
Is there a reason you are stuck with max vg juice? I have gone up to 80%vg with the Kanger sub tank mini. You will only be able to use the .5ohm coil and lots of air flow. I would suggest getting the Joytech Evic VT and the Kanger sub tank mini. Even if you don't ever use the Temperature control. It is still a great 60watt mod and has an incredible battery length.

Sweet-Vapes | Electronic Cigarettes & Hand Mixed E-Liquids

Grand Total (Incl.Tax) $117.23

Kanger Subtank Mini V2 White, Black, SS
Finish
Black
sv-kt-smbw $32.95
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1 $32.95

Joytech eVic VT Express Kit
apv-j-evtex--apv-j-evtex-blk $59.95
$59.95
Finish

1 x Cool Black $59.95

Kanger Subtank Vertical OCC Coils
sv-kco-occv-all-sv-kco-occv $12.95
$12.95
Qty & Resistance

1 x 5 Pack - 0.5 Ω $12.95
sv-kco-occv Ordered: 1

PotleCloud

Jun 22, 2015
Is there a reason you are stuck with max vg juice? I have gone up to 80%vg with the Kanger sub tank mini. You will only be able to use the .5ohm coil and lots of air flow. I would suggest getting the Joytech Evic VT and the Kanger sub tank mini. Even if you don't ever use the Temperature control. It is still a great 60watt mod and has an incredible battery length.

Sweet-Vapes | Electronic Cigarettes & Hand Mixed E-Liquids

Grand Total (Incl.Tax) $117.23

Kanger Subtank Mini V2 White, Black, SS
Finish
Black
sv-kt-smbw $32.95
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1 $32.95

Joytech eVic VT Express Kit
apv-j-evtex--apv-j-evtex-blk $59.95
$59.95
Finish

1 x Cool Black $59.95

Kanger Subtank Vertical OCC Coils
sv-kco-occv-all-sv-kco-occv $12.95
$12.95
Qty & Resistance

1 x 5 Pack - 0.5 Ω $12.95
sv-kco-occv Ordered: 1
Not really, I just don't want to spend more money on e-juice when I have a full bottle sitting on my desk. I'm already ...... about having to buy yet another vaping device when I haven't gotten a single decent vape from my pen.

I thank you for the setup recommendation, but it is a bit over my budget. I have heard good things about the various Kanger sub tanks from Youtube and such. I think I'm going to try out the Evod/Mega Evod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread